Photo TR: Coaster Team at Hershey's CCL

Christmas CandyLane- an annual tradition- 8 years & running
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Photo TR: Coaster Team at Hershey's CCL

Postby FlyerACE1 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:01 pm

It's hard to believe that it's been eight years that I've been going to HersheyPark's Christmas CandyLane event. It started as an official RRC winter gathering and transformed over the years to a more "inside" event that continues to this day. Tim Melago and I are the only ones who have attended every year.

This year, we spent two nights at the recently renovated BlueGreen Hershey Suites resort and would tackle HersheyPark during the day on Saturday with video viewing, food and drinks at night. Here are some photos from the weekend. I'll have more up tomorrow as I've run out of time at lunch! Hope you enjoy my first photo trip report on TPR.

Adam
CCL 023.jpg
First stop was the Bear's Den at the Hershey Lodge for lunch. Here is Tim Melago and Amanda and Mark Rosenzweig.
CCL 025.jpg
Here I am thinking about the plentitude of good beer I'll be drinking later in the day.
CCL 027.jpg
Here's the Coaster Team's on-ride Hershey Chocolate World Tour photo with our "signature moves".
CCL 026.jpg
The Kissmas tree, Caroussel and Comet in the background.
CCL 029.jpg
Starship America is an old ride brought out of retirement and replacing the Big Wheel in 2005.
CCL 030.jpg
Mark in line for Starship America meets a new friend.
CCL 031.jpg
Mark. Ellen, Amanda and Mark get ready for their freezing cold ride on The Claw.
CCL 033.jpg
Storm Runner sure looks enticing despite the cold. Unfortunately no coasters run during CCL.
CCL 035.jpg
Ho, Ho, Hoes! Pimpin Adam Claus!
CCL 037.jpg
My fiance, Ellen Whitman, prepares for her chilly ride on the Frontier Flyers.
CCL 040.jpg
It's not easy to snap on the Larson Flyers but here Ellen makes a valiant attempt.

Loves Random TR's!

Postby CoasterJunkie » Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:09 pm

Looks like fun. I would love to have gone to that kind of event!! Glad you had a good time

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:11 pm

Few comments:

1. Adam - GREAT to see you posting here! Welcome to our little slice of insanity!

2. Signature Moves - LMAO! As much crap as ECC gave ARNR for linking to their photos, that club probably got the most exposure...EVER from it. Even if it was kind of negative, it was still good for them!

3. I miss living on the east coast. :cry: I'd be more than happy to give up riding all year to be back in that area again. Why can't more video game companies out there? *sigh*

4. Damn, that looks like fun! Even with no coasters, there still is a lot to ride!

--Robb

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:25 pm

Great First Photo TR Adam!

I nearly died when I read the Signature move stuff!

Keeper Of The Carnivorous Bees!

Postby Meteornotes » Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:29 pm

The signature move GODDAMN OWNS!

Nice to see you posting here, Adam.

dt

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby YoshiFan » Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:13 pm

I wish they would run at least 1 or 2 coasters for the event (maybe Trailblazer since it's probably the slowest coaster they have?). I went twice to Christmas Candylane with the last visit being I think 6 years ago but I don't feel like taking the 2 hour drive for just a few flats.

robbalvey wrote:Why can't more video game companies out there?

Yeah, it's a shame there are very few video game companies on the east coast. I really wanted to get a job in the games industry but I don't want to re-locate so that basically kills any chance I have of working in the industry

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby FlyerACE1 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:05 pm

Thank you all for the positive feedback on my first photo TR so far. Hope you're all enjoying it. Here are the rest of the photos!
CCL 042.jpg
Though hardly an exciting attraction, a stop to see the "smelly" reindeer is always a must during our annual visit.
CCL 043.jpg
Ellen gets her kicks from touching reindeer horns.
CCL 044.jpg
Tim is so excited about this exhibit that he's tempted to buy the sweatshirt!
CCL 055.jpg
Twilight Express sure does attract a lot of strollers! This is just a handful as compared to how busy this attraction gets at night.
CCL 046.jpg
Ellen and I cuddle up to get warm on the park's transformed train ride- the Twilight Express.
CCL 050.jpg
Hmmm...a Gingerbread House and Old Western saloon...just a few of the unusual sites you'll see on this ride.
CCL 052.jpg
As seen from the train, you can see that Roller Soaker has been repainted navy blue.
CCL 053.jpg
Mark, Amanda and Tim brave the cold for a trip on Twilight Express.
CCL 056.jpg
The lighted Dippin Dots trees!!
CCL 058.jpg
One of the coolest decorations at CCL is Santa and his reindeer flying up the Comet lift hill.
CCL 059.jpg
As the sun goes down, the lights start to glow. Here is a random light display in the park.
CCL 061.jpg
Ellen takes a slide down Merry Derry Dips!
CCL 062.jpg
The Great Bear is frozen for the winter but its track looms ominously in the winter sky.
CCL 063.jpg
What Christmas event is complete without Christmas frogs?
CCL 064.jpg
Tim and I freezing our butts off on the beautiful PTC "carrousel".
CCL 065.jpg
Ellen loves the Christmas music they play on the Carrousel for CCL.
CCL 067.jpg
Back at the Hershey Suites, the crew lounges out, drinks, eats and watches coaster videos!
CCL 068.jpg
And what video viewing event would be complete without the latest Theme Park Review Coaster Expedition video?
CCL 070.jpg
Here is the kitchen in our suite after being ravaged by the culinary stylings of Mark and I. Mark made us generous helpings of Skyline Chili 3-Ways and I pride myself in heating up frozen foods.
CCL 071.jpg
Two of our viewings for the night- the just released 2-disc Tim's Parks N'at 2005 and Road to Nowhere 3.
CCL 072.jpg
This was in the machine at the time!
CCL 073.jpg
We must have had the worst DVD player ever because many of the videos would freeze. Finally I decided to shake the machine and it worked!! Many shakings were necessary.
CCL 076.jpg
Here Mark joins in on the shaking action! Sometimes the most low tech methods are most effective!
CCL 078.jpg
On Sunday we woke up to about 3" of snow in Hershey. Here are some photos of Lightning Racer covered in the white stuff.
CCL 079.jpg
Lighting Racer's first drop.
CCL 080.jpg
The far turnaround on Lightning Racer.
Live to Ride,
Adam Revesz 8)

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:22 pm

Wow...seeing the snow photos...as crazy as it sounds, really makes me more annoyed with So Cal!!!! :twisted:

Great TR. Sorry you guys had to be stuck watching our DVD! :lol:

--Robb

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:22 pm

Wow, great Snow pictures!!!

I was thinking though, it would be REALLY amusing to have Roller Soaker open just to see if anyone would ride! (or they could rename it Roller Snower) You could blast your friends with snow and ice!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby DorneyDude » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:23 pm

So........Where the heck is the picture of the BEER FRIDGE???????

btw, nice tr Adam!

Tom

Next

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive