TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fuji-Q Highlands Discussion Thread

I've been reading your trip reports on this park, and I don't understand why their operations are so bad. I have a few questions:

I'll take a shot at this.

Why do people keep coming?

The uniqueness of the rides, and locale, and the Haunted Hospital.

What causes the ridiculous waits?

Apathy.

Is it long lines or minimal trains or just slow people?

Very much all of the above.

How does the public not make a fuss?

It appears to NOT be in the Japanese culture to complain. While we were there, Fujiyama went down (it had an hour+ line) and people, in quite an orderly fashion, just walked away and moved on to something else. No big deal to them. They may even give exit passes, but the people apparently don't use them. Bad karma, or whatever.

Are the lines still crazy on the decent-capacity rides? (Frisbee, Wave Swinger)

Yes.

Is this Park a POP Gate or pay-per-attraction?

I believe both. You get in with either POP, or an entrance fee plus your pay-per-ride tickets. My understanding of this park is that it's a permanent carnival. Each ride is independently owned and operated. Everyone gets a take of the turnstile sales, and then the rides' owners are given percentages of the remaining value of the POP, by which rides were ridden. (The wristbands are barcoded and synced to a central computer) Individual tix go directly to the owner of that particular ride. It's quite typical of the park patrons to ride each ride only *once* and then move on. Their day is complete once they have ridden all the rides they want to. They're just not big on multiple rerides. (Which is so different at the Disney parks in Japan!!)

We saw this at ALL of the "Happy Valley" parks in China, with their staggered openings, that way they could control the flow of traffic throughout the park. People ride *once* and move on. Seriously.

Have you ever confronted guest relations about those shoddy operations or ever tried to put together an ERT session?

Like I said before, it doesn't appear to be in the Japanese culture to complain, so they don't. I believe R&E tried for ERT, but you really have to work with multiple companies to accomplish this. It's a lot more hassle than it's worth.

I'll happily be corrected, on anything above. But, that's everything according to my understanding. That's not to say that people haven't had great times when they were there! Somehow, you just have to get there on a day when no one else is there. It does happen. Just don't know how to do it.

For the record, the only reasons I'd go back is for a second on Fujiyama, Dodonpa and to try the new Eurofighter. (My current estimation of wait times would be about 5 hrs, for those 3 rides!) Hopefully I'd get more pics of Mt. Fuji as well.

JJ

Fuji-Q is also pretty famous througout Japan. Alot of my friends in the Kansai region knew about the park. There's also a bus service from Osaka to the park, which is an 8 hour drive one way, so people come from far to go to the park. Not to mention it's relatively close to Tokyo (and does feature unique coasters).

I planned to go to Fuji-Q, but in the end didn't do it cause I didn't want to make the 8 hour trek and risk the chance of the coasters being closed.

• 1 month later...

Am curious.

Has anybody been to the park recently, and seen (i.e taken photos)

any of the coaster's construction progress?

Been awhile, so I thought I would ask.

Decided to do a quick hunt for this.... Well I almost choked when I saw these.... Not exactly what I expected but holy crap...

What in the world do they call that thing on the right?

Oh and they have added another high Capacity ride... A Star Flyer called Bancho

The website below details that with some of the worst theme park music ever

http://www.fujiq.jp/attraction/special/bancho/

ADMIN EDIT: I went ahead and uploaded the photos since they were on Photobucket. Thanks for sharing this with!

1.jpg.3eb16f47e17f450bf87db7fd020fbffd.jpg

2.jpg.5818c179701e99deee6233862ee13408.jpg

Edited by jedimaster1227

YES. I've always wanted to see one of these built - it's an idea that's been in my head for years. I always thought it would happen on an Xcar first, but this looks so fantastic! And look at that loop - how tall is this thing supposed to be? Because that loop's huge!

EDIT: Just realized this is a launched Eurofighter, and it sounds like it's a launch into a top hat with a beyond-vertical drop. This is gonna be goood.

YES. I've always wanted to see one of these built - it's an idea that's been in my head for years. I always thought it would happen on an Xcar first, but this looks so fantastic! And look at that loop - how tall is this thing supposed to be? Because that loop's huge!

EDIT: Just realized this is a launched Eurofighter, and it sounds like it's a launch into a top hat with a beyond-vertical drop. This is gonna be goood.

I have also had the idea for this inversion for quite some time and have implemented it into several of my own No Limits designs...specifically on the Maurer Sohne X-Car coasters. In honor of Drachen Fire, I have been calling it a high "CUTBACK".

The first inversion on the left looks like an inverted top-hat that exits in a different direction. I looks a little bit like a corkscrew as well. As for the second one, looks like a different version of a cobra roll. Interesting...

EDIT: Ah, I see the first inversion is an wide-loop instead of a top hat. But they both look like they kick a$$.

Edited by Ccron10

Wow that element looks crazy

Is that first Element some kind of giant corkscrew/stretched loop? It looks huge as well as that cobra roll looking thingamajig will this be the tallest fastest Eurofighter on the planet when it opens?

With my untrained eye is that track different from Intamin's track? it looks very Intamin IMO

I cant wait to see this in operation ! Gerstlauer is doing so great at the moment ! 7 projects ! This is their biggest one yet and I've been told by Gerstlauer that they will continue with the 4 tube tracks and that this ride will be smoother than their earlier rides ! By the way the Canobie Lake Park Euro-Fighter trains look amazing. You can see them on the gerstlauer website

Wow that element looks crazy

Is that first Element some kind of giant corkscrew/stretched loop? It looks huge as well as that cobra roll looking thingamajig will this be the tallest fastest Eurofighter on the planet when it opens?

With my untrained eye is that track different from Intamin's track? it looks very Intamin IMO

Yes the element is strange. It is a top-hat inside only this one is overbanked. And the track is different from the intamin track. These 4 tube tracks are wider than the intamin tracks. The standard Euro-Fighter track is 1.2 m wide ( which is exactly 3,93 ft )