WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

P. 180 - Star Wars: Behind The Wall Sneak Preview!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Delicious & Refreshing

Re: Star Tours "The Adventures Continue" Announced!

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:53 pm

The tip board post has been updated with a full translation.

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=50460&start=110#p1018249
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Young and Stupid! I blame my parents.

Postby SoCalCoasters » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:15 pm

I like the "see agent" on the flight board for a certain planet. :p

I'm honestly surprised that this is getting so popular, as I was -kinda- hoping something else would replace Star Tours...(I'm a Journey Thru Inner Space Fanboy :mickey: )and I found this simulator to be dull...not very exciting.
TPR's Biggest Legoland Nerd, and proud!

Full Fledged Meat Enthusiast!

Location: Phoenix, AZ, San Mateo, CA, A Southwest 737, a Continental 737, A United 737...

Postby QueerRudie » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:40 pm

If they've done their homework right, they'll make sure to make it as close to travel as possible...

"We're sorry, Sir, you'll need to check that souvenir bag through to Endor. That will be 25.00"
"I'm sorry, Ma'am, If you want to sit on the sides of your Transporter, you'll need to pay 50.00"
"You can't sit in that row, sir, unless you're a member of our Ultra-Light Speed Platinum club."
"Oh, we announced that Starspeeder was leaving from gate 27 in Terminal Seven. You should have been paying attention."
"Ladies and Gentlemen, Due to Space Traffic Control delays, we'll be leaving 45 minutes later than expected."
"I'm sorry, Sir, but your Souvenir bag has been routed to Tatooine. We should be able to get you your Mickey Mouse ears back in sixteen days. That will be a 50.00 fee."

R.D. "I've grown a bit jaded over air travel- and I work in the FREAKIN' BUSINESS" Sussmann

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:43 pm

65skylark wrote:
BeemerBoy wrote:Why am I staring at that board trying to figure it out?

For the same reason you frequent a web site called "Theme Park Review" and have a certain love for trains that run on an elevated track. There is no rational explanation, we're all nerds. ;)

Yep. :-)
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:29 pm

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/04/star-tours-where-in-the-galaxy-are-we-going/

It won’t be long now before Star Tours re-launches and “The Adventures Continue” at both Walt Disney World Resort in Florida and Disneyland Resort in California! But where in the galaxy are we going?

We know a lot of you have been wondering and asking, and today we are happy to reveal the final destinations you can expect to visit when Star Tours resumes service. You already know we’re going to Tatooine for the Boonta Eve Podrace and to Coruscant.

Additional destinations include a visit to the beautiful planet of Naboo, a rare tour of the Wookiee planet of Kashyyyk, and a trip to the icy planet Hoth (seen above in a still image from Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back).

Of course, no Star Tours adventure would be complete without an unexpected visit to the Death Star, this time above the planet Geonosis.
In addition, we’ll be departing from a spectacular new Spaceport, created just for the new Star Tours voyages.

As revealed earlier, these destinations will be combined in more than 50 different story adventures, so you’ll never know where the Force will take you!
kyy796434SMALL.jpg
dep594323SMALL.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

SWF looking for dorky overweight coaster enthusiast to sweep me off my feet.

Postby natatomic » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:31 pm

I just found out that I was selected to be a CM on the Star Tours Opening Team! :mickey:

I used to pimp out donkeys at IOA.

Postby doublestufforeo » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:38 pm

Did they replace the motion simulators at all? Or are they still using the ones that were there since they opened?

My Dumps Smell Like Cantaloupe

Postby The SETGO Guys » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:59 pm

I just found out that I was selected to be a CM on the Star Tours Opening Team!

CONGRATS! Thats awesome!

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:25 pm

doublestufforeo wrote:Did they replace the motion simulators at all? Or are they still using the ones that were there since they opened?

They are completely redone and rebuilt by
but they are they same.

Star Wars is gay.

Postby MayTheGForceBeWithYou » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:38 pm

doublestufforeo wrote:Did they replace the motion simulators at all? Or are they still using the ones that were there since they opened?

They have been updated from 4DOF (degrees of freedom) to 6DOF. It will be the same ride system, but will be much more fluent.
人生は素晴らしき冒険旅行

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!