Joey's Ongoing Sporting Event Photo TR Thread

Update Pg. 22: Wrigley Field
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
Bubbles!

Postby ParkTrips » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:50 am

Though I would also prefer first row seats in the upper deck, I have to agree that there is still something really awesome about low seats between the dugouts

My small thing speaks for itself

Postby AllenA07 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:16 am

I thought that the Rangers ballpark was ok, it didn't feel as special as Dodger stadium, however I thought it was a nice enough ballpark. I was surprised at just how small it was compared to how it looks on TV. The best part about the stadium? When I went I spent roughly $10 on two tickets. With parking I think I took that up to $20-25. Two tickets to a ballgame (though I'll admit my seats were less then special) for about the same price as going to the movies is a good deal in my opinion. I was playing with the idea of heading out to the Dallas area (about a 6 hour drive for me) when the Dodgers were playing out there back in June, just never really worked out.
--Allen

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:50 am

Nice updates, Joey.

The one great thing about Cowboys Stadium is that video board. Now their fans get to watch 'em suck in an ever bigger way.

As for the Rangers ballpark, that picture from your seat was awesome. I gotta say that view really won me over on this place. The outside may look bland, and I've never really paid too much attention to this park, but seeing that view made me REALLY like the look of this place now.

The thing I like the most is the way it appears huge, but sorta compact too. The food and beer choices may have been weak, but this park still just jumped up a few notches in my book.....and I'm still shocked by that.
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

Postby AllenA07 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:20 am

I don't really see much of anything on the new Cowboy stadium as being compact to be honest. Last time I saw it was back in May of this year, so maybe some of the landscaping has helped make it seem a little bit more compact.
--Allen

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:55 am

^ Allen, if you were referring to my post, I was actually still speaking of the Rangers place when mentioning the "compact" feeling. If not, my apologies.

There is certainly nothing compact about that monstrosity Jones built. :wink:

Postby AllenA07 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:08 pm

^Sorry about that, I read that wrong and confused myself. I was just having such a hard time trying to imagine the new Cowboy Stadium as being compact.

As for the Rangers stadium, it really is fairly small. However like I said I like the ballpark, I thought it was a nice place to see a game. The little league fields around the stadium are also a very nice touch.
--Allen

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Re: Joey's Ongoing Sporting Event Photo TR Thread

Postby Jew » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:43 pm

So after having season tickets since the Galen Center opened, I figured I would finally do a photo TR of the place and revive this thread. For those of you who didn't realize USC had a basketball team, they finally got an on-campus arena to call their own in 2006. Prior to that they played in the AWFUL L.A. Memorial Sports Arena, which I am still waiting to be turned into a parking lot. My dad and I refused to get season tickets prior to the Galen Center opening because of how much we hated that place.

Anyways...onward to the photos.
Library - 1029.jpg
Galen Exterior.
Library - 1030.jpg
Right next door to Galen is "The Lab"...best place for a pre-game snack and beer!
Library - 1032.jpg
The arena level concourse.
Library - 1031.jpg
The concourse features replicas of all of USC's NCAA titles (The real ones are on display @ Heritage Hall)...
Library - 1033.jpg
A timeline of USC's national titles...
Library - 1034.jpg
...And all the times USC athletes have been featured on the cover of SI.
Library - 1036.jpg
Going up to the seating level, you are greeted with this...
Library - 1037.jpg
Peeve: the seating level concourses look so boring and unfinished...which they would match it to the arena concourse!
Library - 1035.jpg
Arena Interior.
Library - 1040.jpg
View from those windows at the end of the arena. Too bad it has to be covered up for TV broadcasts.
Library - 1038.jpg
The view from the top of our section. We're in row 6. There's not a bad seat in the house.
Library - 1039.jpg
The suite level hallway. Suites have only been completed on one side of the arena. I have to find my pictures of the suite interior and unfinished suites on the other side.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:15 am

Bringing this thread back from the dead to showcase more of Staples Center...
PTR-01.jpg
Today's feature: the slightly remodeled suites
PTR-02.jpg
New TV and fancy VoIP phone thing that controls the TV.
PTR-03.jpg
View from the suite.
PTR-04.jpg
New for the 2010-2011 seasons: the worlds largest arena scoreboard. They also finally added an LED ribbon across one of the suite levels. WINNING!
PTR-05.jpg
Suite chair.
PTR-07.jpg
The worlds most expensive buffalo chicken. Delicious, but expensive.
PTR-06.jpg
See, told you it was expensive. (pay no attention to even more ridiculous price for bad beer)
PTR-08.jpg
The other half of the suite...exciting, no?
PTR-09.jpg
Staples Center is also home to a branch of the douchebag hotspot Hyde Lounge. They sell tickets to the game or charge a cover to guests already in the building.
PTR-10.jpg
The place stays open till 2AM, has tables for bottle service, a dance floor, and charge $15/drink like a normal club would. They took 8 event suites and converted them into Hyde.
Last edited by Jew on Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:20 am.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby Top Thrill Dragster » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:51 am

^I was at that game.

Hasn't the LED ribbon around Suite Level C been at Staple Center from day one? I could have sworn it was there last year and years prior. They still need to wrap Suite Level B and 300 level in LED ribbon.
Apollos Chariot #1!

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:47 am

Nice to see this thread revived! I would have called security and had you ejected for spending that much on Coors Light though.

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random