Alton Towers Discussion Thread

P. 576: The Alton Towers Dungeon teased for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: Alton Towers 2010: TH13TEEN

Postby StealthFan » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:22 am

^It counts as a new Jeff Johnson credit yeah!

-Craig

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby snoflake15 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:34 am

Thinking of heading to AT this friday.

Can any of the regulars tell me how busy it is likely to be?

Thanks in advance.

Postby snoflake15 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:35 am

Making the trip tomorrow so can't wait to try out 13 to give my uneducated view on it. :br

Any tips for getting round the park these days? We have ERT at 9am but that's just Nemesis and Oblivion (of the thrill rides). I was thinking Oblivion then get to Rita and 13 early before the crowds. We have scream fasttracks so can get on nemesis and air whenever. Good strategy or is there a better way?

I know EXACTLY where my passport is!

Postby TPDave » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:06 am

^ Yeah, Ride oblivion, then the second the park opens go and get 13 and RITA before the guests can reach that area from the entrance.

Dave

Postby snoflake15 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:31 am

I visited AT on Friday. I had a great day. I will do a wee TR but will start with my opinion on Trimteen and end with a couple of questions if you can't be bothered reading my ramblings.

Firstly Trimteen. The outside part of the ride was a real disappointment. Completely unmemorable. The indoor part was good fun and redeemed the ride a bit but as has been said time and time again on here it was not worth the hype. or the hour's queue even getting there at 1015. Would have liked to have got back on it to give it a second opinion but the queues were long all day even at closing.

As for the rest of the day I fell back in love with AT. I was there in 2006 and felt the park was tired and dirty looking. On Friday I felt it was tidier, despite the crowds and there seemed a better atmosphere than last time. Since 2006 I have been to SFMM and KBF and thought the low ride versions may be dull but actually Oblivion and Air in particular were better than I remembered.

We had ERT for an online booking so headed straight for Rita. Got on there quick and queued for 13 (did it that way cos my young nephew wasn't going on 13 but did go on Rita). Apart from 13 we had fasttracks for pretty much everything else which we needed due to the queues.
Got on Hex, then Oblivion, Rapids, Mine Train, Flume, Duel, AIr, Nemesis x 2, Ripsaw, Oblivion x 2, Submission then Rita again.

Air was slow in dispatching - 70 min wait at 4pm and only had one car each side. Is it normally more than that?
Oblivion was dispatching very quickly.
Nemesis was dispatching well but two of the staff flirting at the main queue meant more gaps for single riders which is how we got our second ride on it.
Sonic had long lines all day - a minimum 45 minute wait even at closing. That was the only ride I missed out on.

My questions:
1) Was it just me or is Nemesis getting a bit rougher in her old age?
2) Why do they still have the outer casing for the Black Hole?
3) Why do morons feel the need to grafitti the fences in the lines for 13? :angry:

Postby snoflake15 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:00 am

^ In fairness the same thing would happy in Scotland if we needed queue lines long enough!

I would hope that something more fruitful could be done with the area black hole was in. As it stands it's a gloomy reminder of times gone by.

Non-German Tom

Postby Shockwave » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:08 am

I finally got on Thirteen on Thursday when I went to Alton Towers with a couple of mates.

The ride itself was a lot of fun, but I have to agree with the sentiment expressed by those who thought the theme and marketing were completely unbalanced and dare I say inappropriate for the ride. And whilst I wasn't expecting Hollywood-esque production values, even a couple of smoke machines at the low points of the track could make the ride that bit more intimidating. At Halloween, it'll be a much better experience in the dark, but in the grand scheme of things, that doesn't make up the rest of year.

And here's some sacrelige - I honestly preferred the area when Ugland was there! And I never thought I'd say that.

Postby snoflake15 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:25 am

Shockwave wrote:
And here's some sacrelige - I honestly preferred the area when Ugland was there! And I never thought I'd say that.

You've taken that too far! :)

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Alton Towers - Secret Weapon 7 coming in 2013!

Postby AstroDan » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:25 pm

Alton Towers today revealed the first, sketchy information surrounding the world first coaster - coming in 2013. The fifth Secret Weapon at the park will be a world first and be the most expensive coaster constructed at Alton Towers in its history.

It was already known that the ride would feature a height restriction of 1.4metres - this was revealed at the Th13teen evening in June 2010 by Morwenna Angove and John Wardley.

More news at www.towerstimes.co.uk and on other UK/European based forums.

Exciting times!

:)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Alton Towers - Secret Weapon 7 coming in 2013!

Postby Airtime&Gravity » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:36 pm

I emailed Duane at RCDB the news this morning, and he said that Alton Towers frequently talks about projects that never end up getting built. Since it is 2013, this is either something very special, or it is just another case of them talking about another project that will never come to fruition.

So if it does actually get built, as of right now, I'm guessing it will be the first B&M 4D coaster. It just seems lke something that would happen with Gardaland and Thorpe Park receiving prototypes that will receive rotating seats later(probably 2013 after SW7 opens).

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!