Thorpe Park Discussion Thread

P. 234: 'Love Island' Summer experience coming to the park!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Re: The Thorpe Park Discussion Thread

Postby Rollercoaster5000 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:01 am

It was mentioned in the LC12 plans that LC12 will be up to 40 Meters high (130 ft) and that the 2015 coaster will be up to 50 meters high (164 ft).
If you look through this plan you will find that it clearly states that a few times. Scroll down to page 3..

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby StealthFan » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:58 am

Yesterday I visited Thorpe Park to check out Storm Surge. I have to say I am very pleased with the ride, it the most fun I have had on any park investment since Stealth was installed. Granted the ride is not the most pleasant to look at the ride experience certainly makes up for it in just insane amounts of fun and laughs. Below are some pictures of the new ride for you all to look at and for Larry to get just a little bit excited over for a new park index ride.

-Craig
SS1.jpg
I personally really like this sign!
SS2.jpg
I spy with my little eye a height change!
SS3.jpg
Can you guess what it used to be?
SS4.jpg
"If you are as tall as this bin we have put in front of the height stick you can ride Storm Surge!"
SS6.jpg
Doesnt it look pretty!
SS7.jpg
Any pipeworks enthusiasts here?
SS8.jpg
Twisty spinny, goodness.
SS9.jpg
This straight is the part that ended up with me having a super spin time!
SS10.jpg
Good thing there is no leaks here!
SS11.jpg
Unlike here.
SS12.jpg
At least the soon to be greenery is getting watered!
SS13.jpg
Its like Ikea instructions for rides!
SS14.jpg
If there is ever a fire around lots of water Thorpe Park are well prepared!
SS15.jpg
Even the guests can help out!
SS16.jpg
"Reduce, reuse, recycle!"
SS17.jpg
"Danger, danger, danger, be careful when theres danger!"
SS18.jpg
It sort of reminds me of that really hairy Umpa Lumpa from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
SS19.jpg
Megastore also got a mega repaint.
SS20.jpg
And finally nerds rejoice at this years re-entry hand stamp!
Last edited by ernierocker on Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:23 am.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby brossa » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:39 am

I also was there yesterday!
It's waiting time was 60min + so I didn't test it.
I have been on 3 water slides of such kind and would defenitelly have queued that long for the one at Hansa Park and Parc Asterix but Storm Surge is just too short and not themed at all that it was just not worth waiting.

Thorpe Park to me just got more and more rediculous over the years (too small in size and not enough rides to house this amount of people who daily visit the park)

The only reason to visit Thorpe Park is Colossus.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:08 am

I have been on 3 water slides of such kind and would defenitelly have queued that long for the one at Hansa Park and Parc Asterix but Storm Surge is just too short and not themed at all that it was just not worth waiting.

Agreed. If this ride is anything like the one's they have at water parks in the US, the dispatching is usually no more than one raft on the slide at a time which results in horribly long wait times - definitely not worth it.

The theming looks great though!

Postby brossa » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:19 am

Theming? Sorry mate apart from those 4 pipes between station and canal there's no theming. Those buildings around the ride are toilets and stalls which have been there before! :)

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby StealthFan » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:33 am

brossa wrote:I also was there yesterday!
It's waiting time was 60min + so I didn't test it.

Thorpe Park to me just got more and more rediculous over the years (too small in size and not enough rides to house this amount of people who daily visit the park)

The only reason to visit Thorpe Park is Colossus.

I didn't see the queue get above 50 mins all day long for Storm Surge. I have also been on the one at Asterix and I have to say I had just as much fun on this as I did at the one at Asterix.

The fact that there is not any substantial theming on Storm Surge really doesn't distract from how much fun you can have on the ride. You should as a person who knows the park well not really expect alot from theming in the park, it really has never been their fortay.

I can actually say I had a very good day yesterday at the park, other then a few REALLY bad arrogant staff everything was really good, I didn't even notice any major breakdowns. The only breakdown I experienced was while I was on Storm Surge the ride refused to dispatch but that was fixed within 5 mins.

-Craig

Postby brossa » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:26 am

True, I was surprised that I didn't notice any breakdowns on Stealth yesterday. Colossus was down for about 15min around 2ish.
I honestly would have loved to test Storm Surge and regret queuing 45min for X No way out instead haha!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:47 am

Theming? Sorry mate apart from those 4 pipes between station and canal there's no theming. Those buildings around the ride are toilets and stalls which have been there before!

Ahhhh...my bad! I thought that the buildings off to the right was part of the ride theming as it looked almost Dudley Do-Right-ish.

This donkey is a Know-it-All

Postby andyuk200523 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:52 am

Went to Thorpe on Thursday, what a great day!!!!

Storm Surge had a 15 minute queue, so had a quick ride, was quite impressed, a good fun ride and didn't get me wet! Always important in English Weather!

Stealth broke down a few times and it looked like they ended up giving up trying to get it to run after about 2:30pm, managed to get 3 rides previous to the breakdown, it looked like it kept tripping something as after 5 minutes and no test runs they started launching again. Was surprised to see Stealth running 1 train operation, I could see that one of the trains was in major rehab, but the other one was just sitting there in the garage looking ready to run, I think Stealth should always be a minimum of 2 train operation, runs a lot smoother this way!

Got 1 ride on Collossus in the afternoon, I am amazed at the slowness of the crew in the station, they were taking about 5 minutes for each train to dispatch, even though they looked like last years crew, it was running pretty fast too, found Saw (see below) to be rougher, which I normally have the opposite opinion!

Managed a quick ride on Saw first thing in the morning, got a lovely headache from it, I can't believe how rough it has got, continual shaking from the car and that lovely double bump at the bottom of the first drop are not good first thing in the morning!

Fake Nemesis - got 2 rides on this both with less than 15 minute wait, still love the B&M, but not as good as Real Nemesis :)

Managed 10 rides on Detonator, I have a lot of love for the Fabbri drop towers, great airtime, short ride cycle, all in all a great little ride.

Also got 3 rides on Rush with no wait, always been a fan of this, Still get amazed at the screaming that some of the guests do on Rush, as it isn't really a scary ride, just great fun!!!

Vortex was closed in the afternoon, so no rides on that, and Samurai was having some work done.

Overall, with 16 degrees C weather, and bright blue skies, had a great day!

Can't wait for next year though :)
Andrew

Not sure when next trip is, however May/June 2013 - Canada Baby!!!!!

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby WOFfan » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:18 am

Is that what they think Americans are like?! :omg:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!