TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

We now have the first official hint at HOS 2011. Your keywords are: whores!!!!!!!!!!...

Oh wait, it's hoards.

From HOS facebook:

Your keywords are: hoards, lurch, brains, infected, leaking, rotten, drooling and eat! What do you think? Zombies!?

The themeing looks awesome, but the station has been looking strange to me for a while. Its nice to see walls come up, and the orange sides are bold, but the rock columns and tin roof siding look kind of like 70's relics in the middle of a bunch of amazing 2011 sculpted set pieces. I'm curious to see the completed section!

I'd say Cheetah's drop off the tower is looking pretty cool right now. Hopefully it will pack some good airtime (As in, I'm guessing Floater Air in the front, stronger air near the back of the train).

The trains are looking pretty good as well. Hopefully, they will start testing soon!

I've been following this coaster's construction from the very beginning, cannot wait to see the layout when it's all finished!

The drop looks nice, it isn't steep, but its parabolic in nature meaning that the airtime will be sustained, and later than most people are used to. Think of the drop before they modified it on Dudley Do-Right at IOA, it was an awesome feeling because the airtime hit later into the hill and didn't subside till you got to the second portion.

Here is a modified shot

The picture isn't mine, but if you look at the yellow edge that is the opening drop, the blue edge is the modified drop. Blue is still fun, just not the omg-wtf-craziness of the yellow.

They finally started working on the drop.

It's more gradual of a drop, but remember that the train will be going at a faster speed than the top of the figure-eight when it starts that drop.

That drop looks a lot like a drop to me. Maybe not so much of a drop, but quite possibly a drop. Also, the Beastie Boys are known to let the beat drop, Demi Moore's character in One Crazy Summer played a gig at the Dew Drop Inn, and Doug Flutie executed the last successful drop kick in the NFL for an extra point after a touchdown on January 1, 2006.

So, in conclusion, it would appear to be a drop.....or possibly a drop. Still tough to tell though. I think we need more pictures for confirmation, or at least another page or so of the word "drop."

That drop looks a lot like a drop to me. Maybe not so much of a drop, but quite possibly a drop. Also, the Beastie Boys are known to let the beat drop, Demi Moore's character in One Crazy Summer played a gig at the Dew Drop Inn, and Doug Flutie executed the last successful drop kick in the NFL for an extra point after a touchdown on January 1, 2006.

So, in conclusion, it would appear to be a drop.....or possibly a drop. Still tough to tell though. I think we need more pictures for confirmation, or at least another page or so of the word "drop."

Looks like Cheetah Hunt is complete. From BGTGuide:

http://twitpic.com/49k09a

Thanks for sharing, Star Trek Geek!

Hunh, it goes over the cable car thingy?

Nice to see the track complete. Shouldn't be too long before we'll hopefully see it zipping along on test runs. Looks good, the cable car jump will probably be a better visual for those on the sky ride, than those zooming on along Cheetah Hunt.