TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

This seems like great news! Although, considering this ride's reputation, I am kind of surprised they did not place the track on the whole ride. I hope Six Flags plans to do this on more of their rides in the future.

I don't know, to me Rattler was almost as boring as it was painful. The layout doesn't make any since at all: It's huge and in a great location but really does nothing at all. I mean, the new track can't hurt anything, but unless the layout is reprofiled (yet again), I can't really see it becoming a great ride.

Sounds like good news! I haven't ridden Rattler but it sounds like a terrible coaster with great potential. I know they may not be likely to make it the amazing coaster it once was, but even small improvements should help the experience!

Got the pictures today. This turned out to be way harder just because of the area that is was done to. Can't get close to it to get great shots, but with zoom I got enough to see what there is too see!

IMG_5261.thumb.JPG.5116752f427cce399f96da0aac8ae6b9.JPG

I see you new topper track... why are you so far away!

IMG_5262.thumb.JPG.dcd9a61de9fe50051697047154f66e0d.JPG

OOOO you are a sexy bolt and cross tie

IMG_5267.thumb.JPG.3cd9aae014944dc502938a2547164c22.JPG

SUPERZOOM!

IMG_5272.thumb.JPG.3200992c848e8c83b1b0a4ce3d9807ed.JPG

Fancy curves!

IMG_5297.thumb.JPG.687c332c1318bd55edfa14693006b8fc.JPG

Going up close up

IMG_5302.thumb.JPG.e58a02a88ff4511b5cad624f63055c28.JPG

Extream zoom for an EXTREAM transition!

IMG_5266.thumb.JPG.2db1026ac77469b5d07c8df6a39bccb9.JPG

Oh and for all those Bi curious coaster lovers... Rattler is cross breeding with steel support tubes too... This was done a few seasons ago.... What a rebel!

I think rehab will do as much for this coaster as it does for Charlie Sheen. I'd love to see the original first drop restored without the titanium shattering roughness.

Hoping Texas Giant part 2 is a success, and encourages further projects.

It's good to see that Six Flags is doing this. It's not just this park either. I heard from eye witnesses that crew workers were working on Cyclone at SFNE with this type of track. I wonder what wooden roller coaster on the Six Flags chain will get this treatment next.

If anything, Dania Beach Hurricane NEEDS this. Its a great ride but its aged very badly... Chunky PTC's haven't helped either.

Imagine it with the topper track, and Timberliners..

I hope it doesn't get the Gwazi treatment.. Great new trains and still the crap track.

^Or more importantly that if you are going to go big, hire a firm that knows what they are doing.

I'm excited to see how all these projects work out. I can easily see Son of Beast and Mean Streak getting some form of treatment from Rocky Mountain Coasters. Hopefully the results are as good as they are looking.

Maybe all of this Rocky Mountain work on large, older wooden coasters will drive home the fact that bigger is not necessarily better when it comes to wood.

Eric

Either this, or if you absolutely need to change your park's skyline, go pre-fab.

If anything, Dania Beach Hurricane NEEDS this. Its a great ride but its aged very badly... Chunky PTC's haven't helped either.

I hope it doesn't get the Gwazi treatment.. Great new trains and still the crap track.

Rode DBH not two months ago, and while it wasn't silky smooth by any stretch of the imagination, it really wasn't that rough. And the airtime was wicked. They had also done considerable track work, as there was new wood everywhere. I can think of dozens of woodies that could use this treatment before DBH.

...or if you absolutely need to change your park's skyline, go pre-fab.
Or more importantly that if you are going to go big, hire a firm that knows what they are doing.

I agree on both counts. El Toro at SFGAd---an Intamin ride---seems to be working out just fine. Haven't had a chance to ride it yet, but it gets great reviews.

Eric

Just throwing in my 2cents. To me Rattler is every bit worth rehabbing. I rode it for the first times in 2009 and really love it! Yes the helix of doom was very doomy, but I still loved the ride overall. I've been on 140+ coasters 40+ being wooden. It's in my top 10 wooden. I'm not the most well ridden enthusiast, but not the least either.

Everyone has varying opinions on coasters and I guess I'm just in the minority on this one.

Have you ridden Gwazi with the new trains? Seems kind of unfair to pass judgement on the coaster if you have not ridden it yet.

I did and it is worlds better than before. And the track was rehabbed over the last few years.