TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

They are listing a significant amount more rides than have gone in at the Wiggles Worlds at other parks.

It looks like the area will be in a section of the park that already has kiddie rides and a Vekoma rollerskater - I'm thinking a lot of retheming will be going on.

First Wiggles World in the US with a coaster, though.

Mike

Glad to see that they are continuing to add Wiggles Worlds. It was sad to see that The Great Escapes version only had two rides for the little ones and their families. SfGam, SfGadv, and SfNe have excellent sections with at least 5 rides!

Can anyone confirm the possibility of the coaster to be a re-theme or completely new?

As great as it is for a park to become more family friendly by adding a kids area, I think it is a little late for the Wiggles. At Great America, I often hear families asking"do kids still watch the wiggles?" Granted, the area is popular with the kids, but that is because of the rides, not the theme. I just hope it is spread out more than Great America's, because it is pretty crowded back in Wiggles World/County Fair.

• 1 year later...

Six Flags Fiesta Texas has announced their latest park additions for the 2010 season on their website.

http://www.sixflags.com/fiestaTexas/info/News_2010SeasonOpener.aspx

Six Flags Fiesta Texas, America’s favorite show park, kicks off 2010 with an array of award-winning shows, a complement of thrilling and family rides and a special Play Pass offer providing unlimited visits at a one-day price! The new season will feature all this in addition to a free water park in the summer and the seasonal offerings of Fright Fest in October and Holiday in the Park for the winter season.

As part of the extended season long celebration, Six Flags Fiesta Texas will offer a line-up of new shows and attractions that provide top-tier entertainment as well as guest benefits that ensure a value-packed experience for the entire family. Some of the major headlines this season include:

All-New Shows - recognized for 10 consecutive years by Amusement Today, the nation’s leading industry publication, for having the Best Theme Park Shows in the Country, this season promises to be another banner year as Six Flags Fiesta Texas presents an exciting slate of new and returning shows alike. New for this season:

Ritmos del Corazon – a musical celebration with talented singers and live musicians performing Latin favorites at Teatro Fiesta.

Straight Country – Join our performers and live band for a tribute to some favorite Bluegrass and Country classics.

Dick Clark’s Face the Music – Take a trip down memory lane and compete with your friends in this interactive trivia show presented at Sangerfest Halle.

Wiggles World returns – an exciting play area for kids with uniquely themed rides and attractions, including The Big Red Car, The Big Red Plane and the imagination inspiring S.S. Feathersword’s Playship structure. The area features The Wiggles' cast of supporting characters — Dorothy the Dinosaur, Captain Feathersword, Wags the Dog and Henry the Octopus — in the family favorite show, "Get Ready to Wiggle."

The STARBURST® Summer Concert Series is back by popular demand - Some of the industry’s hottest acts including Mitchel Musso (date TBD) and Jeremy Camp on June 25. Concerts presented in Lone Star Lil’s Amphitheater and are free with park admission or a Season Pass.

• 3 weeks later...

Six Flags Fiesta Texas has added a special event to its calendar in honor of the 10th Anniversary of Superman Krypton Coaster, taking place on March 6th, 2010.

http://www.sixflags.com/fiestaTexas/events/CalendarEvents.aspx

Join the celebration as Six Flags Fiesta Texas commemorates the 10th Anniversary of Superman Krypton Coaster. Wear your favorite Superman paraphernalia on March 6 and receive a discounted admission of only $29.99 (plus tax). Plus, the first 250 people to arrive with Superman paraphernalia will receive a park souvenir and exclusive ride time on Superman Krypton Coaster before the park opens to the public. Gates open at 8:30 a.m.

1534784681_Screenshot2010-02-24at11_53_44PM.jpg.c750c5e8423264936c266db3b3c3542d.jpg

• 1 month later...

Screamscape found this ditty of a video that I've never seen before. Apparently posted in 2006?!? I think Six Flags picked the wrong coaster to be revamping, this just doesn't look good. It's Rattler, and it's "swaying". Never heard of this before.

This isn't a big deal. Since the coaster opened....they not only lowered the first drop, but also raised it quite a bit from the bottom as well. Ever since 1996 the fan curve after the first drop has also been altered several times.

I’m told that there is a definite plan to return The Rattler to it’s former glory, restoring the ride’s first drop to it’s full and intended height as well as other improvements throughout. More when we find out.

As far as them returning the ride's first drop to it's full and intended height........

The Rattler's intended height wasn't what it was supposed to be when it opened in 1992. (it wasn't supposed to be as tall as it was when it opened) It was changed mid-construction to surpass the height of Mean Streak that opened in 1991. (That's why it had an odd "S" shape bend to the left at the top of the lift)

So even though we might see a revamp, it may not be to the first drop that made the coaster infamous for injuries.

Aside from my rant....I would LOVE to see this coaster revamped with a better drop, gut the helix, and make it fun again.

At 1:35 you can see an excellent shot of Rattler's 1992 drop. You can also see the original fan curve after the first drop. It's pretty much been somewhat flatted and smoothed out a bit. I believe the last change to the fan curve was just about 3-4 years ago.

[coastertube]http://www.themeparkreview.com/coastertube/play.php?vid=FiestaTexasRattler_cvty[/coastertube]

"If it doesn't shake, it'll break"

Well, that I know, but I've never seen a ride bend THIS much before.

It was a very terrible/funny quote from an early 2000's roller coaster show! Not meant to insinuate that you didn't know!

But how smooth will it get? Has the type if track used on Texas Giant ever been done before?

I like the helix in Rattler, but all the fun of it is all slow acceleration and the roughness of the track and surprise bumps. It's rough, but not too rough. If they put steel track in, that would take all the fun out of it. It would just be 3 huge smooth circles.

• 4 months later...

New for 2011!!

A new fireworks and laser light show will fill the nighttime sky this spring when Six Flags Fiesta Texas begins its new season March 5.

The theme park announced that its fireworks extravaganza was being revamped Tuesday as it unveiled changes planned for the upcoming season. The park's Zaragoza Theatre also will feature a new show, but the details will not be divulged until next year.

The fireworks show, called the Lone Star Spectacular, will include a new storyline and technical enhancements presented on the park's 100-foot quarry walls.

Fiesta Texas President Martin Bozer said the spectacular was cutting edge when it opened in 1992. New technologies will make for a “bigger and bolder production that will still pay homage to our great state of Texas,” he said.

Also scheduled next year is a return of the Starburst Summer Concert Series presenting well-known country artists, officials said.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/business/local/six_flags_to_get_new_fireworks_show_101921778.html

Edited by jps294

• 4 months later...

There is a new name for the show!!

Lone Star Spectacular is now Lone Star Nights

Coming summer 2011, this spectacular features a new storyline and state-of-the-art special effects displayed against majestic 100-foot quarry walls. Lone Star Nights is a true Texas celebration of new laser technology, music and pyrotechnics to cap your summer evening visit.

http://www.sixflags.com/fiestaTexas/tickets/SeasonPass.aspx

Hmmm, new storyline...

I have a feeling Texas will still be a central point to the story, perhaps we will all need to bow down to its greatness even more!

I like my title for the show better; "A salute to all states, but mostly Texas"

• 2 months later...

A surprise today as Rattler had its second drop into the third hill rehabbed in the off season. THE SURPRISE IS IT IS Rocky Mountain Topper track. Tan in color not red so it blends in. This use to be one of the roughest parts of the ride that created jackhammering. That is no longer the case. It runs very smooth, but still has that wooden feel. I would compare it to a new GCI feel! I would have gotten some pictures, but having only a camera phone and the tan color of the track limits that. I may go out tomorrow with my camera and HEY may even do a TR if I feel up to it hahaha.

Now of course I am sure a large round of rumors are going to hit the net about "IT IS THE NEXT CHOSEN ONE" or something. I will just say with what I know I am only aware of this is a cheaper long term alternative. The 2nd drop was going to get retracked regardless this off season. There has been no FINAL go ahead to rehab the whole ride or even furthermore redo the ride. This is a test, but more of a "is this the way we should rehab rides" test. Although if they do like the results enough it may turn into a "LETS REDO THE WHOLE THING" only time will tell.

Ryan

Mods: I know this has been mentioned in several threads. Tx Giant and many more. If you feel this should be moved please do

Edited by RyanGsatMCO

NOW WAIT! Don't get to far ahead of yourself. The helix of bordom still exist The ride has some new life but still has a long way to go to get back on any sort of top list. I mean I guess it is the "Best" topper track coaster out there because it is the first to open with it HAHAHA. We can only hope this is the start of something nice!