Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

P. 650 - The Joker Wild Card announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I teach at the school of donkey!

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas Discussion Thread

Postby nitrofan » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:19 pm

But how smooth will it get? Has the type if track used on Texas Giant ever been done before?

I like the helix in Rattler, but all the fun of it is all slow acceleration and the roughness of the track and surprise bumps. It's rough, but not too rough. If they put steel track in, that would take all the fun out of it. It would just be 3 huge smooth circles.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas Discussion Thread

Postby ArizonaGuy » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:17 pm

^^
The way I see it is how much worse could it actually get? I'm sure it'll be worth it in the long run. :b

Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Postby jps294 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:26 pm

New for 2011!!

A new fireworks and laser light show will fill the nighttime sky this spring when Six Flags Fiesta Texas begins its new season March 5.
The theme park announced that its fireworks extravaganza was being revamped Tuesday as it unveiled changes planned for the upcoming season. The park's Zaragoza Theatre also will feature a new show, but the details will not be divulged until next year.

The fireworks show, called the Lone Star Spectacular, will include a new storyline and technical enhancements presented on the park's 100-foot quarry walls.

Fiesta Texas President Martin Bozer said the spectacular was cutting edge when it opened in 1992. New technologies will make for a “bigger and bolder production that will still pay homage to our great state of Texas,” he said.

Also scheduled next year is a return of the Starburst Summer Concert Series presenting well-known country artists, officials said.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/business/local/six_flags_to_get_new_fireworks_show_101921778.html
Last edited by jps294 on Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:35 pm.
Reside in Austin Texas but attend Mississippi State University during the school year! #HAILSTATE
Coaster Count: 53 (45 Steel, 8 Wood)

Postby Wes » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:32 pm

THEY ARE GOING TO KILL SAN ANTONIO SAM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Postby jps294 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:34 pm

I think it's a good idea to get back the title "Best Shows in America" and they could be doing this to compete against the "Disney's World of Color".
Reside in Austin Texas but attend Mississippi State University during the school year! #HAILSTATE

Lone Star Spectacular is now Lone Star Nights

Postby jps294 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:02 am

There is a new name for the show!!

Lone Star Spectacular is now Lone Star Nights

Coming summer 2011, this spectacular features a new storyline and state-of-the-art special effects displayed against majestic 100-foot quarry walls. Lone Star Nights is a true Texas celebration of new laser technology, music and pyrotechnics to cap your summer evening visit.

http://www.sixflags.com/fiestaTexas/tickets/SeasonPass.aspx

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:20 am

Hmmm, new storyline...

I have a feeling Texas will still be a central point to the story, perhaps we will all need to bow down to its greatness even more!

I like my title for the show better; "A salute to all states, but mostly Texas"

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:35 am

If San Antonio Sam isn't in this, then I'll mess with Texas.
{1991} Chicago guy. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd

Macaroni and Donkey

Rattler REHAB NOW!

Postby RyanGsatMCO » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:58 pm

A surprise today as Rattler had its second drop into the third hill rehabbed in the off season. THE SURPRISE IS IT IS Rocky Mountain Topper track. Tan in color not red so it blends in. This use to be one of the roughest parts of the ride that created jackhammering. That is no longer the case. It runs very smooth, but still has that wooden feel. I would compare it to a new GCI feel! I would have gotten some pictures, but having only a camera phone and the tan color of the track limits that. I may go out tomorrow with my camera and HEY may even do a TR if I feel up to it hahaha.

Now of course I am sure a large round of rumors are going to hit the net about "IT IS THE NEXT CHOSEN ONE" or something. I will just say with what I know I am only aware of this is a cheaper long term alternative. The 2nd drop was going to get retracked regardless this off season. There has been no FINAL go ahead to rehab the whole ride or even furthermore redo the ride. This is a test, but more of a "is this the way we should rehab rides" test. Although if they do like the results enough it may turn into a "LETS REDO THE WHOLE THING" only time will tell.

Ryan

Mods: I know this has been mentioned in several threads. Tx Giant and many more. If you feel this should be moved please do
Last edited by RyanGsatMCO on Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:04 pm.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Re: Rattler REHAB NOW!

Postby Band-Aid » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:24 pm

Rattler can be awesome now? :D
"WHAT"
-Lil Jon

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!