Canobie Lake Park Discussion Thread

P. 45: The beginning of a waterpark in 2018
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Re: Canobie Lake Park gets an "Untamed" Euro Fighter in 2011

Postby Thom25 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:30 am

It's been ages since I've been to Canobie and can't wait to visit again in 2011. This looks like a great ride and a perfect addition to a beautiful park. The Yankee Canonball was my first coaster, so I can't slam it, but it isn't Bizzaro (no doubt). =)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby TheMike » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:59 am

Not sure if it's my eyes that are deceiving me, but what is an overbanked turn on Rage looks to be an uninverted top hat on this one. Not sure if its just concept art being concept art, but thought I should just point that out...

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby 1pizza14 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:27 am

Looks like a great addition to Canobie. The birch supports seem like a great touch with theme of this ride

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby Dr.Shadey » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:31 am

TheMike wrote:Not sure if it's my eyes that are deceiving me, but what is an overbanked turn on Rage looks to be an uninverted top hat on this one. Not sure if its just concept art being concept art, but thought I should just point that out...

I hadn't really noticed that, but I'm PRETTY positive it's an exact clone of Rage, so all the elements should be the same.

AND, Canobie has just posted a new teaser video. Check her out here ... http://www.canobie.com/Untamed-vid/untamedvid.html

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby maverickpoint » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:44 pm

i feel like ive seen it before....

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Shavethewhales » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:29 pm

Yes, for those who don't seem to notice, it's a Gerstlauer Euro-Fighter Model 320+. It's the third to be built so far.

http://rcdb.com/r.htm?ot=2&mo=8513

That's great though, because like so many other clones, it does the job well. It's small, yet tall enough to thrill; compact, yet it packs in several sweet elements. Paying to engineer completely new track designs is quite expensive, I'm sure.

Counselor Neil

Postby televisedconfession » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:35 am

I'm excited to see the landscaping with this ride. Landscaping could really add a new element of thrill. Looks great! I'm excited to get on this one!
-Neil or no Deal

Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/8edb82c78b6d77e5bd773746c455c1ca.jpg[/img][/url]

The woman with a million questions

Postby Crazy_Behemoth_Lady_Jess » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:24 pm

Looks like a nice addition for the park and sure to please.

It's also great to see the growing popularity of Eurofighters in the US. Perhaps someday that popularity will spread further up North? :)

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby xmichellex » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:21 pm

Drove by the park today - I live 15 min. down the road and was out xmas shopping, so I figured I'd do a drive-by and see if I could see anything fun/take pics.

Looked at the front of the park/parking lot and drove down some side roads to see the back of the park where the new coaster is going, but unfortunately didn't spot anything exciting like track pieces... the land is definitely getting good and cleared out though and cranes are on location. Wonder if they will wait for warmer weather to really get going?

Can't wait for this! Canobie definitely deserves another great ride!
Top 5 Steel: Bizarro (SFNE), Top Thrill (CP), i305 (KD), Kumba (BGT), Cali. Screamin' (DCA)
Top 5 Wood: El Toro (SFGAdv), Boulder Dash (Lake Compounce), Lightning Racer (Hershey), Beast (KI), Yankee Cannonball (Canobie Lake)
Total Credits: 141

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:59 pm

The station for Untamed is being built and construction is coming along. I love how Canobie Lake just said "Hey, lets get a roller coaster for next year," late last year and it's already being constructed.

Link to their facebook
http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?aid=269790&id=18373183826
canobie.jpg
Chasing Airtime
Steel Vengeance|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Hakugei|Skyrush
Lightning Rod|T Express|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!