*** THE BEBES *** Rainbow Magicland ITALY TR

newest report pg 67
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
It all started with a donkey

Re: *** THE BEBES *** Theme Park Adventures

Postby the ghost » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:47 am

I was bored with insomnia and was re reading stuff(yes, nerdiness and insomnia combined,lol) and am still very amused by tons of your TRs. I want to say you guys, chuck, big mike, and of course Robb have the best photo TR threads on tpr and are caption masters. So glad you guys are back, love reading everything you come out with!

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby The Bebes » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:01 pm

^WOW!

That means so much to us!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Compliments like that make The Bebes blush from ear to ear. We are so lucky to have the loyal readers that we do. We really have Robb, Big Mike and Chuck to thank for giving us inspiration. I must also add ILoveRides (David) onto that list, he cracks us up!! (Check it out if you haven't already: http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=54658)

Now, if only we could get off our asses and post the rest of our TRs... :?r
(pronounced beh-behz)

Postby The Bebes » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:14 pm

It's not listed in the coming soon section of page 1, but I am gonna try to get a Rainbow's End Trip Report done NEXT WEEKEND!!!! Keep your eyes open for it!!!!
(pronounced beh-behz)

***The Bebes*** Rainbow's End - New Zealand

Postby The Bebes » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:36 am

MONDAY May 29, 2010
New Zealand
Rainbow’s End
00a New Zealand.JPG
In 2008, Lady Bebe’s Mommy passed away. She had been to New Zealand and had always talked of returning some day and bungee jumping off the Auckland Harbour Bridge.
00b Spreading Ashes.jpg
So, in 2010, the Bebes planned a trip to the land of rainbows to honor Mommy by taking her ashes with us and spreading them into the harbour while bungee jumping.
00c Bebe plugs nose.jpg
Mr. Bebe plugged his nose, as if he were jumping into a swimming pool.
00d Maori Village Feast.JPG
We also did a lot of other neat things, such as a trip to a Maori Village (native Polynesian New Zealanders) for a history lesson and a feast.
00e Wai o tapu.jpg
We took a journey down to the city of Rotorua and the Wai-O-Tapu Geo-thermal preserve, an area of incredible volcanic activity.
00f Glow Worm Caves.jpg
We went underground cave tubing through the Glow Worm caves of Waitomo. After negotiating the cave to the lair of the glow worm, we shut off our headlamps and calmly floated along the underground passage enjoying the light show on the cavern ceiling. INCREDIBLE!
00g Canyoning.JPG
We took a trip to the West Coast and went Canyoning. We trekked about a mile into a rain forest and followed a small river, jumping off falls into pools below, and rappelling down 100ft waterfalls.
00h Other Stuff.JPG
We visited Rangitoto, New Zealands largest dormant Volcanic Island, and climbed to the summit. We also visited the Zoo, Aukland Museum, Goat Island Marine Preserve, and Tiri Tiri Matangi Island, an open bird sanctuary housing 12 species of bird and three reptiles that cannot be found anywhere else in the world!!!!
01 Bus ride to Manakau City Center.jpg
And, of course, what kind of TPR people would we be if we traveled all the way to the Southern Hemisphere and didn’t visit New Zealands ONLY theme park (and three rare credits)! So, we grabbed a bus and headed to Manikau City Center (quite a ride from Downtown Auckland).
02 Drop Ride in the distance.JPG
What’s that off in the distance???!!!!! A drop ride!!!!! We must be close!!!!
03 Rainbows End that a way.JPG
Rainbow’s End. That way!
04 Next to the cemetery.jpg
Right next to…… The Cemetery????!!!!!
05a Rainbows End.JPG
Whatever! We made it to our first Theme Park ever in the Southern Hemisphere!!!
05b Wristband.JPG
We went in and purchased our all-day ride wristbands.
06 Park Map.JPG
Park Map. Relatively small park, with some decent theming and an OK crop of rides.
07 Schedule.jpg
Since it was a very slow day, they were operating with an unusual schedule where half the rides would operate at a time, for about 45 minutes, and then the other half. Alternating throughout the day. This forced us to consider our route, to ensure we got the three credits we came for!!!
08 Directions.JPG
Sooooooo, which way do we go? Which way do we go?
09 NEW Invader.JPG
We hit their newest ride, Invader. Good fun on these things, but I think the smaller versions actually provide a better ride.
10 Bins for personal items in center.jpg
Smack dab in the center of Power Surge were plastic bins for personal items. I don’t know how safe it is to have these here, but it was nice to not be charged for fluffy fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo.
11 Rollercoaster.JPG
Then it was on to the big coaster at Rainbow’s End! The aptly named: ROLLERCOASTER
12 Rollercoaster Rainbow Cars.JPG
There has long been debate on the color Indigo in the Rainbow, and I believe it was removed from the colours of the rainbow in the 80’s. But Rainbow’s End chose to remove the Green Car and keep Indigo. Those Kiwi’s are such rebels!!!!
13 Rollercoaster Loop.JPG
The Rollercoaster has a loop….
14 Rollercoaster Corkscrew.JPG
…And a corkscrew.
15 No TR is complete without Lady Bebe peeing.JPG
No Trip Report would be complete without a Lady Bebe pee-break.
16 Flume.jpg
There was a nice looking log flume, but we passed on it, since it was a little bit chilly out.
FYI: Late May in New Zealand is similar to Halloween in San Francisco, 60ish during the day and 50ish at night.
17 KNOTTS.JPG
We saw this Knott’s flyer on the back side of a western themed building! WTF! Does anybody know anything about this???
18 Goldrush.jpg
Credit #2 was Goldrush, a nicely themed indoor runaway mine-train ride. We rode it three times. Nice Ride!!! With theming!!!!
19 Sweet Fries.JPG
What’s that?! We totally have to get some of those sweet looking fries!!!
20 Clever Name Closed No Sweet Fries.JPG
Hunger’s End (aptly named) has them!!!! EXCELLENT!!! But they are closed. BOGUS!!! Hunger continues…
21 Bacon Cheese Fries at another place.JPG
… But not for long. We went to a different, nearby eatery for some bacon cheese fries. The bacon in New Zealand is more like ham, and the cheese is always white. MMMMmmmmmmm.
22 Kiwi tomato sauce.JPG
Use some Kiwi Style Tomato Sauce if you’d like. In the States we call it Ketchup.
FYI - Kiwi has three meanings: a) slang for the People of New Zealand. b) an endangered bird of the ostrich family only found on the islands of New Zealand. c) A sub-tropical fruit native to New Zealand. So, if you ever say you want to “eat a Kiwi”, make sure everyone knows EXACLTY what you’re are talking about!
23 No sauce needed.JPG
Mr. Bebe crams the cheesy bacon fries into his head.
24 Stuffed.JPG
Toooo much cheesy bacon fries!!!!
25 Kiddie Land Area.JPG
Off to Cadbury land (kiddie land). Cadbury is the most common brand of chocolate in New Zealand, with many varieties that we don’t see in the States.
26 Bouce Ride.JPG
Kid Tums approved??
27 Dragons Flight.jpg
Credit #3!!! Dragon’s Flight.
28 No Adults.JPG
Doh! :-(
29 Me Bebe tried to lure children.JPG
The Bebes have encountered this rule before, and Mr. Bebe employs his charm to persuade parents to let their children ride with the Bebes.
30 What What.JPG
What’s Lady Bebe doing??? Did she find a kid to ride with her???
31 Credit number three.JPG
Yup. Mr. Bebe. The ride ops were very accommodating and told us that since it wasn’t busy, we could ride! SCORE!
32 Keep an eye out when stealing from the cookie jar kids.jpg
Remember kids, keep a look-out while stealing from the cookie jar.
33 MMMMmmmm Ice cream.JPG
Lady Bebe loves ice cream!
34 On the lips.JPG
On her face.
35 Loves Ice Cream.JPG
Mr. Bebe REALLY loves ice cream.
36 On the nose.JPG
On his face.
37 Farewell Rainbows End.JPG
Rainbow’s End is quite small, and doesn’t really have anything stand-out, but we managed to keep ourselves entertained. We finished up our icy treats and bid farewell to Rainbow’s End!!!
38 Bebes Love New Zealand.jpg
The Bebes LOVED New Zealand (North Island) and look forward to returning to visit the South Island!!!! Ka Ora!
(pronounced beh-behz)

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby moinab » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:24 am

:b :br :b :br

New Zealand has long been on my list of places I must visit! Thank you for another awesome report!

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Ace Of Spades » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:35 am

Fantastic TR guys, much as ever! I've gone back through your reports at least three times, and I still enjoy them just the same every time!

And I have to admit, I let out an involuntary "aww..." at the sweetness of the last pic. :Pr
Ignore the screaming in the woods...

Everything is fine.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Tmcdllr » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:07 am

All the pics are great but this one is just so sweet....

Awwww...

***The Bebes*** Rainbow's End - New Zealand

Postby The Bebes » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:42 pm

Awwwww...... Thanks guys!!!!
Last edited by The Bebes on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:49 am.
(pronounced beh-behz)

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby mattnz » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:59 pm

Hey guys - Nice trip report of our little local park. Glad you enjoyed the rest of the country too. Looks like you had a good look around the North Island. The South Island is even more spectacular but you might like to give it a while before you return (at least until all the earthquakes peter out...).

Matt

TPR's Olden Goldie

Postby ebl » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:31 pm

Is it me or does that ice cream look like it has some letters on it...secret code perhaps? :P

Glad you enjoyed your trip. Thanks for sharing.

Eric
My Honda will run ringz around your Saturn.

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive