TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Heide Park Discussion Thread

It's amazing to me that this coaster costs more than both SheiKra and Griffon did....

I'm sure their total cost included clearing out the old boat and lake that was there as well as the theming. I can't imagine that the ride itself cost more since it is significantly shorter, smaller trains, etc.

Parks usually have a habit of lumping EVERYTHING it costs for a ride into the total number, and that will include things like marketing, media day, announcement parties, etc....

--Robb

Parks usually have a habit of lumping EVERYTHING it costs for a ride into the total number, and that will include things like marketing, media day, announcement parties, etc....

Yeah, it also makes a great marketing ploy. "The most expensive ride..etc"

That said, it's nice to see merlin forking out the cash for a few themed B&Ms.

It's amazing to me that this coaster costs more than both SheiKra and Griffon did....

I'm sure their total cost included clearing out the old boat and lake that was there as well as the theming. I can't imagine that the ride itself cost more since it is significantly shorter, smaller trains, etc.

--Robb

That would make more sense. It seems like this ride will be heavily themed, and while Griffon is themed, I wouldn't consider it "heavily themed", especially for a Busch park. Even the announcement day ceremonies for Krake looked pretty darn expensive.

Hello !

This is my recreation of the new dive machine Krake. I passed the time but I think it was worth it ...

Enjoy;)

The vidéo is available with the sountrack on daylimotion but i can't to post...

Sorry for my bad english but i am french and not strong in english

--Robb

And maybe it is more expensive these days due to the depression at this time. Perhaps it´s more expensive to built a coaster like this here in Europe / Germany than in the US, don´t forget that all the Track was produced in US and shipped to Germany, etc.

--Robb

And maybe it is more expensive these days due to the depression at this time. Perhaps it´s more expensive to built a coaster like this here in Europe / Germany than in the US, don´t forget that all the Track was produced in US and shipped to Germany, etc.

That's a good point...I always associate European parks as being more "accessible" to companies like B&M, Intamin, Vekoma, etc, but I always forget that most (all?) of B&Ms track is manufactured in the U.S.

Not sure what this photo is for though and who those people are.

This could be the group of ride operators/attendants that will work the ride... Just guessing.

Another update from their facebook

Google translated the caption but it's abit off I think I'm not entirely sure what it's supposed to say.

A first look at the ship wreck of the lagoon, which have recently started construction work on. In just a few weeks you will at 100 km / h in the octopus foot shot into the dive coaster and a water fountain again promoted in the sky

Here's the German, I'm sure someone can translate it better!

Ein erster Blick auf das Schiffswrack der Lagune, an dem die Bauarbeiten vor Kurzem begonnen haben. In nur wenigen Wochen werdet ihr mit 100 km/h in das Krakenmaul vom Dive Coaster hinein geschossen und unter einer Wasserfontäne wieder in den Himmel befördert.

One word: AWESOME !!! Looks like the 3rd row have some escalator airtime at the first drop!

I thought the same, but considering the holdbrake was not on, - i think it would loose some of that airtime with the holdbrake on!

But i still really hope there will be allot of airtime on the firstdrop, - love that kind of airtime!

The video of the drop started at the point the holding brake usually turned off. The brake was ON the entire time, which means a crapload of airtime .

On another note, the immelman looks sweet and the airtime hill looks to be quite powerful, but that could change when the water brake gets added in(imagine the hight of the water plumes at that speed!)The immelman could get some hangtime if it slows down enough when the water feature gets added in.