Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 328: "Disney Genie" digital offering announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Re: Lap Bars added to Magic Kingdom's Splash Mountain

Postby samisthabomb » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:03 pm

Eh, it's not that big of a deal. At least those stupid kids can't stand up on the drop anymore :p
"The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bulls#%t story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it" - Jordan Belfort

Peace ~ Love ~ Roller Coasters

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:26 pm

MayTheGForceBeWithYou wrote:Alien Encounter got the axe because of people taking little kids on. I'm not surprised that they're doing more things to the park to cater to the stupid people.

I be a victim, though that's probably not the reason why it closed (as clarified by mcjaco). Wasn't used to to scary things at the age of 6 and my dad told me it'll be fun, he had a good laugh looking at me afterwards.

Those lap-bars don't seem like they'll lock you down tight, so I'm okay with them being there.

^^Those water dummies take home a photo souvenir?!
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

I taste better with A1

Postby TheStig » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:26 am

Good news. I visited the park yesterday with some friends and walked past splash. I saw no less then three boats with three people in a row, one was full of adults! So it looks like they still allow this, but I can't imagine it's very comfortable.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Disney Getting Sued Because of Hot Nacho Cheese!

Postby Tmcdllr » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:57 pm

From AOL news

http://news.travel.aol.com/2011/02/12/nacho-cheese-leads-to-disney-suit/?icid=maing|main5|dl2|sec3_lnk1|43665

The parents of a 4-year-old California boy are suing Walt Disney Parks and Resorts claiming hot nacho cheese scalded and scarred their son during a visit to Walt Disney World.

Isaiah Harris suffered "permanent scarring, pain and suffering" as a result of the burns, according to the suit, which seeks medical cost and punitive damages for emotional distress.

The boy's parent, Michael and Maria Harris of Chula Vista. Calif., are also seeking damages saying they suffered "serious emotional distress."

The family says the incident occured in March at Cosmic Ray's Starlite Cafe in Tomorrowland at Disney's Magic Kingdom theme park in Florida. They claim a paper cup with scalding cheese splashed on the child's face when he grabbed a food tray.

"The cheese should not have been that hot," says Sean Cahill, the family's attorney.

Disney released a statement saying that the company is reviewing the lawsuit but is saddened by the child's injuries. "It is unfortunate when any child is hurt."

This is the second suit against a Disney park this week. In the other case, a quadriplegic man claims that he was stuck in the "It's a Small World" ride for 40 minutes at Disneyland in California, and that there was no way to evacuate him in his wheelchair. He is suing for negligence and emotional distress.

While I do feel terrible for the boy who got burned I do have to wonder, who doesn't know nacho cheese is supposed to be hot?
26827590_640X480_244x183.jpg
Last edited by larrygator on Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:19 pm.

Star Wars is gay.

Re: Disney Getting Sued Because of Hot Nacho Cheese!

Postby MayTheGForceBeWithYou » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:02 pm

Really? REALLY? What's next, getting sued for having long lines?
人生は素晴らしき冒険旅行

He's kind of sad and pathetic

Postby BarryH » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:08 pm

I remember a lawsuit where someone sued Universal because Halloween Horror Nights was too scary. Come on now! :)

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby CardCraze » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:10 pm

This makes so much sense! Let's serve refrigerated nacho cheese!
Parks Visited in 2015: None so far!

Star Wars is gay.

Postby MayTheGForceBeWithYou » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:12 pm

BarryH wrote:I remember a lawsuit where someone sued Universal because Halloween Horror Nights was too scary.

There is no way that can be true. Please tell me people are not that stupid.
人生は素晴らしき冒険旅行

Postby imawesome1124 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:22 pm

MayTheGForceBeWithYou wrote:
BarryH wrote:I remember a lawsuit where someone sued Universal because Halloween Horror Nights was too scary.

Believe me, people are THAT stupid.

In my opinion this is a case of a bunch of sue-happy people looking for a way to get a lot of money, and that is just stupid.

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:24 pm

imawesome1124 wrote:
MayTheGForceBeWithYou wrote:

Believe me, people are THAT stupid.

In my opinion this is a case of a bunch of sue-happy people looking for a way to get a lot of money, and that is just stupid.

Yeah, why is it when something goes wrong, the first thing that pops into these peoples' heads is "I wonder if I can sue for this?" It's sad because things like that are what surround the legitimate lawsuits with negativity.
Last edited by FeelTheFORCE on Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:17 pm.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!