TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

Im scared, but optimistic. I do love Rex, and he will always be the captain, but mission 2 would not work with "its my first flight" anymore if you think of it. Honestly this is Disney were talking about people, remember all those who were unimpressed with Mania who are now singing it's praises. Remember those Worlds of Color doubters who now rave about the show? I think we have to give Disney the benefit of the doubt on this ride. How stoked will you all be when your second and third rides are nothing at all like your first ride. Honestly I think this ride(as a whole) is an entirely brilliant concept! The reride value skyrockets when you don't know what your next ride will hold for you. Rex will always be the captain to me, but its time for a breath of fresh air in my opinion.

AM I the only one that is really not excited at all about the updated version of Star Tours? I mean unless they are able to really improve the ride system, then its just gonna be a crappy simulator with a new video. I wish they would have just gutted the building and attempted to make some kind of unique dark ride attraction.

Same.

I know about as much about Star Wars as I do Harry Potter. All I know is that Star Tours really sucked, and the Forbidden Journey was pretty much awesome. I hope this new Star Tours is better, and they totally keep the lady with the rad hairstyle - all they have to do is change her to HD.

• 3 months later...

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/02/george-lucas-visits-star-tours-at-disneyland-park/

It was a big day for Star Tours recently, as Star Wars creator George Lucas, joined by producer Rick McCallum, paid a visit to Disneyland Park to take a few test rides on the attraction with our Walt Disney Imagineering team. After experiencing adventures to several of the Star Wars worlds aboard the Starspeeder 1000, George and Rick gave the team a big thumbs up on their progress. George even took a moment to pose with the Audio-Animatronics figure of C-3PO in the Starspeeder cockpit!

Stay tuned for more Star Tours updates.

gll384543LARGE.jpg.19a4f2fad53a893f3bfe24076800efc8.jpg

I know about as much about Star Wars as I do Harry Potter. All I know is that Star Tours really sucked, and the Forbidden Journey was pretty much awesome. I hope this new Star Tours is better, and they totally keep the lady with the rad hairstyle - all they have to do is change her to HD.

Well, to be fair, the two attractions did open about 23 years apart. I'm not really a fan of either ride, but at least Star Tours is still better than any other "sit in a chair and shake you around while you watch a movie" stationary simulator ride.

That technology later evolved into what is Indy, Spiderman, and now Forbidden Journey.

I wouldn't expect many technology advancements with this new Star Tours. It's the same ride system.

--Robb

^It won't be EXACTLY the same (Simulators are being updated from 4DOF to 6DOF), but I get your point.

Did I say it was "EXACTLY" the same? No. But it IS the same ride system.

--Robb "Star Wars is gay!" Alvey

Edited by robbalvey

^I'm not even much of a Star Wars person...I just couldn't think of another name.

Might wanna work on those Jedi mind tricks, chief. Your avatar (Star Wars related), location ("Moon of Endor"), and any of the random Star Wars related signatures you've had suggest something different they may.

As for the ride, I guess I'm anxious to see if it's improved any. I think?

Again this new attraction to me is about as uninteresting as it could possible be. A new movie on the old ride system is still the old ride system. I wish they would have completely gutted the building and built an all new Star Wars attraction from scratch. Use whatever cantilever coaster, launch coaster, dark ride, spiderman, harry potter, toy story mania technology you want it would have been better than whatever this turns out to be.

^I just look at it like there isn't even a new ride for Disneyland this year. It's (in my mind) just Star Tours undergoing some routine maintenance that a simulator without a dedicated intellectual property would go through every few years or so, nothing more.

I think it was probably only done to show the fans/parkgoers, "Hey, we may only care about DCA for the next ten odd years or so while we gut and repaint the place, so here's a redo of a ride that didn't really need one to show that we might still give a damn about adding new rides to the 'Land in the mean time!"

That, or it just needed some maintenance.

I have no doubt this Attraction will be cool.

But Star Wars just so uninteresting and stupid to me.

The 3 recent films were just stupid.

My thoughts on them

The Phantom Menace: SHUT THAT STUPID JAR JAR BINKS UP!! WHY DID DARTH MAUL DIE!!!??!? HE WAS THE ULTIMATE BAD@$$OF THE FILM!! FUF YOU LUCAS!!

Attack of the Clones: BAD@$$ JANGO FETT DIED??!!?! FUF YOU AGAIN LUCAS!!

Revenge of the Sith: Where did General Gervoius come from?? Who cares he is bad@$$. They really couldn't tell that Anikan was evil the first few miniutes?? Just look at his face and use your jedi power to read his mind. poof he is being seduced by the dark side by the emperor just by mind reading. General Grvoius died?? FUUUUUUUUUUUU

Go to this link

http://www.redlettermedia.com/sith.html

Watch this Revenge of the Sith review and you will see the truth why this movie sucks and why the The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones suck.

The review pulls some inappropriate jokes just to let you know ahead of time.

Might wanna work on those Jedi mind tricks, chief. Your avatar (Star Wars related), location ("Moon of Endor"), and any of the random Star Wars related signatures you've had suggest something different they may.

My location is more related to Star Tours (Endor Express). I liked the attraction, not as much of a fan of the films.

• 2 weeks later...

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/02/the-stars-of-star-tours/

One of our goals for the new Star Tours show was to pack as much Star Wars into the attraction as possible. That meant traveling to different planets, and meeting up with classic characters from the saga.

Of course you already know that R2-D2 and C-3PO are back, reprising their roles in the pre-show, and taking on bigger roles (especially C-3PO) in our Starspeeder adventures. And some time ago, we introduced you to two new droids in our show…Star Tours Pilot Ace (AC-38) and Spokesbot Aly San San.

So who else is joining the cast?

Well, it wouldn’t be a Star Wars adventure without Darth Vader. The Dark Lord of the Sith will be accompanied by legions of stormtroopers and some new “skytroopers,” designed especially for our show. Boba Fett, everyone’s favorite bounty hunter, also will be after us, as well as an assortment of nasty droids and creatures.

Balancing out the villains are some classic good guys – and even a princess! Master Yoda, Admiral Ackbar (pictured above in a still image from Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi) and Princess Leia will appear in the show to help guide our adventures. We may even run into Chewbacca along the way!

abc696543LARGE.jpg.6b99708f1d6859ab0a5dd753b65efda1.jpg

It's a trap!!!