Photo TR: Japan and southern China

Just added Chimelong Paradise - page 14
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Re: Photo TR: Japan and southern China

Postby la2lvtom » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:22 pm

Throughout the display there are also these overhead viewing windows with various sea life.
IMAG0806.jpg
Top 5 steel : 1. Nemesis (Alton Towers), 2. Millenium Force (Cedar Point), 3. Flying Dinosaur (Universal Studios Japan), 4. Incredible Hulk (IOA), 5. Parrot Coaster (Chimelong Ocean Kingdom)

Top 5 wood : 1. the Beast (Kings Island), 2. Wood Coaster (Knights Valley, Shenzhen China), 3. El Toro (Six Flags Great Adventure), 4. the Voyage (Holiday World) 5. Ghostrider (Knott's Berry Farm)

Postby la2lvtom » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:23 pm

In one of the overhead displays they had these crabs. Ever wonder what they look like from underneath?

Top 5 steel : 1. Nemesis (Alton Towers), 2. Millenium Force (Cedar Point), 3. Flying Dinosaur (Universal Studios Japan), 4. Incredible Hulk (IOA), 5. Parrot Coaster (Chimelong Ocean Kingdom)

Top 5 wood : 1. the Beast (Kings Island), 2. Wood Coaster (Knights Valley, Shenzhen China), 3. El Toro (Six Flags Great Adventure), 4. the Voyage (Holiday World) 5. Ghostrider (Knott's Berry Farm)

Postby la2lvtom » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:28 pm

I was told this is the single largest piece of "curved" acrylic in the world but Guinness doesn't recognize it because it is "curved" they only classify as a "piece of acrylic".

Postby la2lvtom » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:02 pm

On to more pics...
IMAG0815.jpg
The support structures in the aquarium are contained within these coral rocks.
IMAG0831.jpg
The eels were really cool, they looked like stuffed animals.
IMAG0834.jpg
Jellyfish are always colorful.
IMAG0845.jpg
Fish be swimming everywhere.
IMAG0844.jpg
This is one of the Guinness records, largest underwater viewing dome. Everywhere you look it is just water. If you look to the left there is a tunnel and that is part of the Deep Sea Odyssey ride which I will get to in a minute.
IMAG0846.jpg
More from the underwater dome. this is one of the tunnels that lead from the main dome.
IMAG0836.jpg
Lily really enjoyed the aquarium, the sheer spectacle of it made her very happy.
IMAG0817.jpg
And here you have two Guinness records in one, largest aquarium window and largest single acrylic panel. I will tell you that this picture does it no justice, I had to stop and stare in pure amazement of the sheer size of the view. That is ONE piece of acrylic people.
IMAG0819.jpg
IMAG0820.jpg
Looking at it head on it looks like the glass is paper thin but here is the actual depth of the acrylic.
IMAG0818.jpg
Looking head on at a small area that this panel encompasses.
IMAG0823.jpg
Lily was even left speechless by the sheer size of this window.

Postby hey...hey » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:28 pm

That is one big piece of acrylic (converted it to just a tad under 130ft)...I guess they poured it on site?
Coaster Count: Steel-55 Wood-13 Total-68

Postby la2lvtom » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:32 pm

Finally, in this land is Deep Sea Odyssey. I compare this ride to Little Mermaid ride at Disney, you board a clamshell vehicle that tilts forward and backward and spins all while you travel past props, video screens and through the aquarium. I don't have any pictures from the ride itself but here are a couple from the que.
IMAG0848.jpg
The signage is very nicely done.
IMAG0849.jpg
There is a lot of detail in the que.
IMAG0850.jpg
The story is we follow a mechanical fish in this submarine as we explore the ocean. It was a cute ride and I enjoyed it more than Little Mermaid.
IMAG0851.jpg
The entrance to the Beluga whale exhibit.
IMAG0792.jpg
Here is the stadium for the beluga whale show. I was going to include a video of it but my internet is acting upright now so I cant upload it to YouTube, sorry.

Postby la2lvtom » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:33 pm

hey...hey wrote:That is one big piece of acrylic (converted it to just a tad under 130ft)...I guess they poured it on site?

Like I said, pictures do it no justice. This was the most impressive thing I had seen in a long time.

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:48 pm

^ Same here! Only Interstellar and Outlaw Run impressed me more than that.

Did you do the dolphin patting zoo?

Postby la2lvtom » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:59 pm

gerstlaueringvar wrote:^ Same here! Only Interstellar and Outlaw Run impressed me more than that.

Did you do the dolphin patting zoo?

No, I'll be honest I thought that the dolphin show / Battle of the Pirates ride was as far as we could go. I never looked at the map until we were in Macau so we missed that area.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby GeorgeT » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:30 pm

That is a extremely beautiful looking park...just wow.

But I feel sorry for all those animals in the park with little space, and in a highly unnatural environment :cry:

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive