Photo TR: The Brit Crew in Paris!

Part 4 - DISNEYLAND PARIS HALLOWEEN
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Controlled by a sentient spreadsheet...

Photo TR: The Brit Crew in Paris!

Postby Divv3k » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:46 am

Well I'm still a member of the Brit Crew despite my best efforts to vote myself out. Bad news for me but at least there's the positive of me still being able to go away on weekends with these guys. (Wait, I'm calling THAT a positive?! Times are tough, clearly).

This such weekend was to Paris, France. Seeing as there a few new attractions in the area we decided to an extended weekend that would take us around a few parks culminating of course in a few days at Disney. Burt we'll get to that later.

UPDATES:
Part 1 - PARC ASTERIX (below)
Part 2 - NIGLOLAND
Part 3 - WALT DISNEY STUDIOS
Part 4 - DISNEYLAND PARK

First up we made our way to Parc Astérix. I hadn't visited this park since way back in 2008 with the TPR Europe trip. It's a really nicely themed park with a pretty decent selection of rides.

New for me since that visit is the B&M invert, OzIris. I'd heard really mixed things about this one so I was intrigued to ride it for myself. It's a weird ride. I like the length of the ride but as forceless B&M's inverts go I thought this one was pretty tame. It's a shame that not long after this they came out with Banshee, a much more intense (and fun!) invert (I'll get to Banshee in a future trip report. Someday). Still, the park did a pretty good job of theming it. Just don't go mistaking it for Montu, because Montu it is not.

Everyone thought it would be really funny if we all rode Gouderix so I got in line with them but managed to pull the old Larry Meisel "walk straight through the train to the exit" trick. No way was I touching the POS again. Given the reaction of the group I stand by my choice.

My favourite ride in the park is still the super cool Mad House. It's more the pre-shows and the theming than the Mad House itself but man, it's a lot of fun from start to end!

Anyway, I didn't take a great deal of photos this day but rest assured there's much more to come in future updates. Enjoy...
image001.jpg
Yay, we're in France! Oh wait - it's CDG! Noooo! Still my least airport in the world...
image002.jpg
For all it's awfulness at least CDG is close to this place...
image003.jpg
That's right, we're at Parc Astérix!
image004.jpg
New for me since my last visit is the B&M invert, OzIris!
image005.jpg
There's really cool theming in the queue for this one!
image006.jpg
Brad and Andrew are ready to do it like Tutankhamen did it.
image007.jpg
It's not the best B&M invert by any stretch. It's really quite forceless but at least it's long and they did a decent job of making it look nice!
image008.jpg
Here's this weekend's super fun group!
image009.jpg
Oh dear lord.
image010.jpg
Smile, you're on Goudurix!
image011.jpg
You can almost hear the funeral march playing as you look at this.
image012.jpg
It's only a Vekoma, right? Paint job or not I wasn't touching this thing!
image013.jpg
OCTOPOOOSSS!!! Miss you, Erik!
image014.jpg
At lunch TPDave was very excited to be able to get a beer with his meal. Although he didn't quite work out the translation of "Sans Alcohol" until he sat down! TPFail!
image015.jpg
We're on a boat!
image016.jpg
If you want to see large busted women washing clothes then Parc Astérix is for you!
image017.jpg
AJ on the other hand just likes a long tongue on his bottom.
image018.jpg
FROZEN TIE-IN!
image019.jpg
And now for my favourite ride in the park - the Mad House!
image020.jpg
It's all about the crazy pre-show where they take your photo and attach it to these animated soldier bodies. So funny!
image021.jpg
Caesar then looks down on all his minions.
image022.jpg
Then, right before you go into battle on the boat you get to watch some naked women bathe. Gotta love Europe!
image023.jpg
Sortie Provisoire = Tampon = confused Brad.
image024.jpg
Oh yeah, we rode Tonnerre de Zeus too! It's still running okay but they really need to spray some WD40 on that thing, it grinds its way around the entire track and it squeals the whole way. I've never ehard a coaster like it.

Anyway, that's all from Parc Astérix - it was a fun day but the next one was even better - Nigloland is up next!
Last edited by Divv3k on Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:56 am.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: Photo TR: The Brit Crew in Paris!

Postby cfc » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:51 am

It's wise to stay as far away from Goudurix as possible.

Vagina Wreckage

Postby Barge84 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:02 am

Divv3k wrote:I'll get to Banshee in a future trip report. Someday.

Tsk tsk. I was hoping for a New Hotness/Mini East Coast trip. I guess I'll have to read and enjoy this one, for now.

TPDave is still an idiot. Good to see.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:19 pm

Hold the presses. Divv is writing a trip report in a timely fashion!
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:36 pm

TPDave was obviously suffering from a Gouderix Concussion when he went for the non-alcoholic beer!

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby CoasterFEV » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:38 pm

Divv3k wrote:Yay, we're in France! Oh wait - it's CDG! Noooo! Still my least airport in the world...

Sorry to admit, Divv - But after a recent trip to the Brit Crew's home country - I gotta say that airport of yours in Manchester definitely gives CDG a run for my least favorite airport in Europe!

I know EXACTLY where my passport is!

Postby TPDave » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:00 am

^The north is a wild and desolate wasteland to be avoided at all costs. LHR is where it's at!

And to all my friends enjoying the thought of my accidentally sober meal, I could explain myself but no one would believe me and it wouldn't be as funny. I'm glad you got your kicks. Bastards.

Postby Divv3k » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:17 am

CoasterFEV wrote:
Divv3k wrote:Yay, we're in France! Oh wait - it's CDG! Noooo! Still my least airport in the world...

Sorry to admit, Divv - But after a recent trip to the Brit Crew's home country - I gotta say that airport of yours in Manchester definitely gives CDG a run for my least favorite airport in Europe!

I've heard that before about Manchester airport. In the three and a half years I lived there I only flew from it two or three times. I didn't have any huge issues but like TP would say, it's not T5!

With this visit to CDG on the other hand... It took an hour from the plane landing to me meeting up with the rest of the Brit Crew. A hellish place.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Stealth Assassin » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:40 am

Good report Divv, having 7 people in the Russ bus for the trip to Parc Asterix was definitely a highlight for me :)
Tight for space.jpg
7 people in a C max with bags is a tight fit

Postby Divv3k » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:55 am

^ Clench and squish! I've no idea how we survived that journey.

Alright, here comes Nigloland...

Next

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive