Photo TR: My Local Seaside Park!

Ever heard of a place called Dymchurch?
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Photo TR: My Local Seaside Park!

Postby StealthFan » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:10 pm

So a few days ago I took a visit to the local seaside park by me called Dymchurch Amusements.

Now I'm sure 99.9% of people here will have never heard of the place as it is tiny! Its even smaller than Bottons in Skegness for those of you who have been there. For a park this size it has 3 surprising attractions really. A Log Flume, Crooked House and Ghost Train. All these rides have been around for years and have hardly changed. My parents went there when they were children, I went there when I was a child and now the next generation of my family have been visiting with my cousins children!

I think its safe to say this may be the first photo TR in history of this place and I'm more than likely the first person to have ever filled the rides there in HD. I hope you enjoy the look at this small unique place and make sure you check out the videos!

Dym_001.jpg
Welcome to the seaside!

Dym_002.jpg
The park operates on a pay per ride basis.

Dym_003.jpg
To be honest its not terribly priced and I'm sure they make a fortune in the summer!

Dym_004.JPG
First stop was the park Log Flume! As you can see the ride area is very VERY secure with those concert style security barriers about a foot away from the flume. You can easily put your hand in the water if you were dumb enough to do so!

Dym_005.JPG
The water was an interesting colour but as far as I'm aware I didn't catch anything from it so thats good!

Dym_006.JPG
The lift on it was worryingly steep. Interesting fact about this ride is that the boats are dispatched manually. By that I mean they use a lever that gets pushed down to allow the boat to leave the station. Check out the POV below to see what I mean!

Dym_009.JPG
Located next to the Log Flume is the parks AMAZING Ghost Train.

Dym_010.jpg
The whole thing is very very classic. I think the most changes its has since my parents were young is a few repaints.

Dym_011.JPG
If hell is designed like this I'm glad to know I'm going to be going there as it will be awesome!

Dym_012.JPG

Dym_013.JPG
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Dym_014.JPG

Dym_015.JPG
"Oh my god, I'm so scared!"

Dym_016.JPG
Was I violated? Watch the POV to find out!

Dym_017.jpg
This sign sort of defies the point on Tea Cups doesn't it?

Dym_018.JPG
The operator ended up spinning the cups anyway and they really spun!

Dym_019.JPG
The park has lots of little rides like this about.

Dym_020.JPG
I believe the parks oldest attraction is the Crooked House.

Dym_021.JPG
Should I report something like this to the police do you think?

Dym_022.JPG
I can't even explain this attraction it made NO SENSE what so ever.

Dym_023.JPG
Cinderella didn't even have a clue what was going on.

Dym_024.JPG
As you can see I was genuinely worried about what was going on.

Dym_025.JPG
Disney boobs!

Check out a walkthrough of this unique attraction below!

Dym_026.jpg
This looks like some form of punishment ferris wheel. You are locked in a cage and force to rotate endlessly!

Dym_027.jpg
What could this sign mean?

Dym_028.JPG
Im pretty sure the slide in the back ground gave me a head injury as a child. Explain a lot doesn't it?

Dym_029.JPG
This is the most modern ride at the park and for some reason it made me very dizzy!

Dym_030.jpg
Frog Hopper credit!

Dym_031.JPG
The park is also located near a war time railway!

Dym_032.jpg
Its a narrow gauge railways that was used during the war to transport ammunition, supplies etc.

Dym_033.jpg
Now its run as a tourist attraction with several steam engines! I will be back later in the year to take my first ride in over 12 years!

Dym_034.jpg
It was time to head back to the park now past the beach because I was on a mission!

Dym_035.JPG
That mission was to win myself a Spyro!

And with completion of my mission it was time to call it a day. I hope you enjoyed a look at this small seaside park and enjoyed the videos. There are plenty more small random parks like this about and if people are interested I will post reports from them as well as and when I go!

Please feel free to comment!

-Craig

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Photo TR: My Local Seaside Park!

Postby bert425 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:34 am

that is a great report.

Loved almost everything, from the color of the flume water, to the "official Disney" bewbs.

are you sure that was Cinderella in the Crooked House? Looked to me like Elsa was continuing her world tour after Maelstrom closed. :p

that Ghost Train is amazing tho. OMG..the neon, the neon. . Orange and Green NEON everywhere.

it really IS hell!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:53 am

also, I don't think I've ever seen tea-cups without the center "spin" column.

it looks that way from the picture.

is the only way to spin if the Ride-Op spins you?
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:08 pm

All the true wackiness of Hell has been captured in this park's dark ride.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby mousch » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:19 pm

Excellent report Craig,i used to spend every summer in Dymchurch as my Grandparents used to live there! This place has changed a quite a bit as in the flume and kids rides,but glad to see the crooked house alive and well! The Romney,Hythe and Dymchurch Railway is amazing! I was lucky enough to be the fireman on one of the engines as a teenager as my Grandad used to work at the ticket office in Dymchurch.I also believe it used to be used to take local children to school instead of the school bus,i don't know if this is longer the case! But it would have been a cool way to get to school! This report brought back many happy childhood memories, Thanks for sharing.

Postby StealthFan » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:45 pm

bert425 wrote:also, I don't think I've ever seen tea-cups without the center "spin" column.

it looks that way from the picture.

is the only way to spin if the Ride-Op spins you?

Yes the only way to spin the cups is for the ride op to do it. Either that or they just spin a bit naturally as the ride moves but nothing intense unless spun by the operator.

cfc wrote:All the true wackiness of Hell has been captured in this park's dark ride.

I felt right at home surprisingly enough :lol:

mousch wrote:Excellent report Craig,i used to spend every summer in Dymchurch as my Grandparents used to live there! This place has changed a quite a bit as in the flume and kids rides,but glad to see the crooked house alive and well! The Romney,Hythe and Dymchurch Railway is amazing! I was lucky enough to be the fireman on one of the engines as a teenager as my Grandad used to work at the ticket office in Dymchurch.I also believe it used to be used to take local children to school instead of the school bus,i don't know if this is longer the case! But it would have been a cool way to get to school! This report brought back many happy childhood memories, Thanks for sharing.

Im glad you enjoyed the report. Its really funny because I live literally 15/20 min drive away from the place yet I very rarely take a trip down there. I remember as a child my parents would take me to Dymchurch and Folkestone quite often to go to the beach and on the rides but then once Rotunda in Folkestone closed down we sort of just stopped going.

The railway is amazing and the trains look fantastic! They are so well maintained they looked brand new! Im not to sure about the getting kids to school thing but I will try and find out for you and let you know. You are right though it would be a great way to get to school!

-Craig

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby WFChris » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:21 pm

I love these random little park updates! Thanks for posting this :airtime:
My MEXICO adventures with TPR and MORE!!!!
TOUCH ME to read along

My favorite roller coaster is dumb.

Postby DarienLaker » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:30 pm

What, A park that thinks that rider spinning the teacups a safety hazard!?
Nobody knows a lot about Darien Lake like me! ;)

Postby StealthFan » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:18 pm

DarienLaker wrote:What, A park that thinks that rider spinning the teacups a safety hazard!?

Well as there is no disc in the cups themselves in that respect it would be very dangerous for the rider to spin them as you would have to have one leg outside the cup to spin them.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:33 pm

^So, you'd have to spin them using the same technique Fred Flintstone uses to start his car?

Next

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive