Germany 2014 Photo TR

Day 4 - Tripsdrill!!!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
I love donkeys more than me.

Re: Germany 2014 Photo TR

Postby Geauga Dog » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:10 am

Fantastic photos! I think my brain would go into sensory overload if I was to visit Europa Park. That is one absolutely beautiful park.

I also really like the look of Tripsdrill, which also is very photogenic. Karacho looks like one of the better custom Gerstlauer coasters.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby mattnz » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:49 am

Enjoying your TR Neil. We're hoping to get to Europe (and Germany especially), but gotta save those pennies - your TR is definitely helping. :)

Portugal needs more old-school B&M's!!!

Postby rcjp » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:51 am

gerstlaueringvar wrote:Amazing photos of Karacho :lover: I always think Tripsdrill is kind of like the Europa Park for Gerstlauer.

rcjp wrote:Nice! It seems that everyone really likes the dive loop on karacho.

Haven't experienced a Gerstlauer dive loop yet but I think it gives some strong airtime during the upward twist, kind of like how RMC put unexpected airtime on the twists.

That's what I assumed. Especially with lapbars (although saw looks like the one that throws you into the twist the fastest)
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

What does one say after riding a Batman clone?
The G force is strong with this one.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby RMC_Hoodie » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:39 pm

About the Tea Cups, the ride is called the Kaffeetassen-Fahrt, or "Coffee Mug Ride".

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby LDedios432 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:59 pm

Such an amazing, beautiful park. These pictures really make me wanna go to Germany, NOW! Thank you for this! Looks like you had an excellent time.

Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:24 pm

Great TR! thank you so much for sharing. Who makes that family tilt drop tower? It looks cool and is themed wonderfully.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby rctneil » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:30 am

Guy T. Koepp wrote:Great TR! thank you so much for sharing. Who makes that family tilt drop tower? It looks cool and is themed wonderfully.

As far as I am aware, the drop tower is by ABC Rides. Looking at their list of installations (http://www.abc-engineering.ch/cms/upload/download/Reference%20list%20abc%20rides%202012.pdf), there are 3 of them in total: BonBon Land, Tripsdrill and Fraispertuis City.

They are fun and worth riding if you get the chance. I've been lucky to ride two of them in the same year!
TRIPS:
West Coast Tour 2009 - || - Middle America 2010 - || - IntimidaTOUR 2010 - || - Best of China 2012
Taiwan 2013 - || - Japan 2013 - || Scandinavia 2014
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/5a7b5ea10f265e536d315d1bd5a624a7.jpg[/img][/url]

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:51 am

^It's always fun to see and hear people's reactions on Tripsdrill's drop ride.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Texascoaster89 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:19 pm

That's a very pretty park, great report!

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:21 pm

rctneil wrote:
Guy T. Koepp wrote:Great TR! thank you so much for sharing. Who makes that family tilt drop tower? It looks cool and is themed wonderfully.

As far as I am aware, the drop tower is by ABC Rides. Looking at their list of installations (http://www.abc-engineering.ch/cms/upload/download/Reference%20list%20abc%20rides%202012.pdf), there are 3 of them in total: BonBon Land, Tripsdrill and Fraispertuis City.

It is very surprising that more of them were not sold. I very unique and fun ride.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive