Photo TR: Marcel's CEDARFANTASTIC summer and MORE!

Update 10/30: Halloweekends are here!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Photo TR: Marcel's CEDARFANTASTIC summer and MORE!

Postby FreeFaller » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:29 pm

Hey TPR members!

Welcome to my CRAZY cedarfantastic adventure in the United States! My name is Marcel the shell (that’s what everybody is calling me over here right now) and I hope you are ready to be part of my thrilling summer adventures at Cedar Point and America in general. For those of you who don’t know me: I’m originally from Germany and I took one semester off to work as a ride operator at the second best amusement park in the entire world: CEDAT POINT! I’m stationed at Magnum XL 200, which is a super fun ride to work at. It is really fast paced (more info about working there later). Some of you might wonder why a German dude travels all around the world to work at an amusement park and the answer is: I’m a CRAZY coaster enthusiast who loves to experience new adventures. Last year, I did the Texas/Midwest trip and during my visit to Cedar Point I felt like that this is the place where I belong. Furthermore, I wanted to develop my personal skills and gain an international experience. It’s never wrong to look at the work ethic of another country and improving one’s language skills. A friend of mine was working Gatekeeper and convinced me to apply for a summer job at CP the place to be. When I came home from this amazing TPR trip, I started searching for job opportunities at Cedar Point and I thought that I could never make it with all the documents that needed to be filled out (visa, work permission etc.), but my friend Danny supported me and helped me wherever he could because – as I said – he was working there. It took me from October to April to arrange everything and plan my travels. And as you will see in the pictures: I’m really here in the United States living my own American Dream: Working at an American amusement park and feeling how I have NEVER felt before: HAPPY, BLESSED, FREE and CEDARFANTASTIC. My message to all the people out there: Never give up. If you have a goal, you can make it! You just have to follow your dreams!

This thread is all about my summer here at Cedar Point where the thrills connect and my travels throughout the United States afterwards. I arrived in late June and I will stay in America until the end of November. Many trips to post about!

Before I came to Cedar Point, I visited an amazing friend in Chicago. Thank you Cameron for showing me your favorite city on earth, taking me to Six Flags Great America to ride the incredible Goliath and taking care of me during my first days in America! Chicago is so beautiful that I don’t know how to put its beauty into words. It’s just amazing! So impressive and American at the same time! Now, I understand why you never want to leave this city

During my visit to Chicago, we did an amazing architectural boat tour that featured all the stunning buildings in Chicago. Definitely worth doing it, especially when you’re tired from walking around the city!

Are you guys ready to follow me along my CRAZY adventure? You better be, because you’re clear and outta here! Enjoy your ride through America!

Note: I try to update this thread as much as possible and do it as accurate as possible. It might take some time, because I’m still working here at Cedar Point and arranging my trips. Thanks for your understanding.
IMG_0397.jpg
My sister made a CP cake for my going away party.
IMG_0410.PNG
Retweeted by Cedar Point :)
IMG_0451.JPG
My best friend Sarah wrote a poem, which...
IMG_0453.jpg
is so nice. Thank you!
IMG_0476.jpg
I'm ready to go!
IMG_0493.jpg
Airport photo!
IMG_1040.jpg
Happy traveler!
IMG_0499.jpg
Blogger photo before boarding the plane!
IMG_0510.jpg
We're flying high!
IMG_0523.jpg
Flying offers spectacular photo opportunities
IMG_0518.jpg
I made it to America! First stop was Detroit, before...
IMG_1057.JPG
...flying to Chicago! From the airport right to...
IMG_0552.JPG
YAS! Six Flags!
IMG_1063.jpg
Look what I have!
IMG_0543.jpg
Thank you for these amazing Front of the Line tickets Cameron!
IMG_0544.jpg
Shopping Cedar Point approved shoes...
IMG_0560.jpg
That's how my work shoes looked like when they were new!
IMG_0547.JPG
Dinner at...
IMG_0549.jpg
...Firkin! So delicious!
IMG_0562.jpg
Fresh pressed orange juice to start the day: Cheers!
IMG_0570.jpg
Breakfast at ''Over Easy''
IMG_0569.JPG
Thumbs up!
IMG_0572.jpg
On our way from Evanston to Chicago!
IMG_1120.jpg
I made it to Chicago!
IMG_1100.jpg
Streets the ride!
IMG_1195.JPG
Doing the fancy architectural boat tour
IMG_0617.JPG
Looking forward to Cedar Point!
IMG_0619.jpg
Disney rules the world!
IMG_1136.JPG
Touristic photo!
IMG_1133.JPG
Marcel the shell and the skyline of Chicago!
IMG_1143.JPG
Look at that skyline!
IMG_0576.jpg
Me and the BEST Chicagoan tour guide ever!
IMG_1110.JPG
I think I'm somewhere in Chicago, ILLINOIS!
IMG_0580.jpg
Selfie time!
IMG_1104.jpg
Skyscrapers!
IMG_1160.jpg
Somewhere in Chicago
IMG_1111.JPG
Hello Chicago!
IMG_1148.JPG
Postcard? Who wants to buy one?
IMG_0586.jpg
Cool beans in front of the...
IMG_1358.JPG
...BEAN!
IMG_1115.jpg
I'm a poor student, so a photo in front of that fancy building is all I can afford
IMG_1113.JPG
Street view
IMG_1123.JPG
Chicago, you are awesome!
IMG_1220.JPG
Hello, what's up?
IMG_0629.jpg
From Chicago to the...
IMG_0633.jpg
...airport. Flying out with Southwest!
Last edited by FreeFaller on Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:00 pm.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Re: Marcel's CEDARFANTASTIC summer and MORE!

Postby coasterchitchat » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:10 pm

Great TR so far! Are you working during Halloweekends? If so, I'll say hi to you. Cedar Point is such an amazing place, and I hope you enjoyed the U.S. during the summer!
Vekoma is English means, "We don't have the budget for a B&M so let's just order a Vekoma."

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:22 pm

Chicago looks beautiful! I was just watching a documentary about the evolution of skyscrapers and a lot of the examples are in Chicago.

Can't wait to see the rest of your journey :br

Portugal needs more old-school B&M's!!!

Postby rcjp » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:03 am

Wow it's great how you went all the way from Germany to work at Cedar point as you wanted! It must be a fun experience I would one day like to have myself.
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

What does one say after riding a Batman clone?
The G force is strong with this one.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:43 am

This is going to be a great report. It's a really unique perspective and your enthusiasm is awesome.

I can't wait to read more.

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby FreeFaller » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:24 am

coasterchitchat wrote:Great TR so far! Are you working during Halloweekends? If so, I'll say hi to you. Cedar Point is such an amazing place, and I hope you enjoyed the U.S. during the summer!

Yes I will :) Come and say hello!

Thank you guys! I can't wait to continue my report! It's so much fun. But first, let me go back to work! :D

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Re: Photo TR: Marcel's CEDARFANTASTIC summer and MORE!

Postby PKI Jizzman » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:59 am

Awesome, can't wait to see more. I'm going to get my 2015 pass, so I'll make a visit up and be sure to stop by!
{1991} Chicago guy. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby thepoint4life23 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:56 pm

I think i saw you when i was at the park this summer but when i go over the next month or so i will say hi

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:37 pm

I think that I also recall you seeing you at Magnum when we were there last month...I'll be sure to look for you & say Hi if we decide to go out next Friday night.

To be honest, I would LOVE to go to Germany for a year to work, enjoy the great culture, food & people...and of course, ride their awesome coasters and drink their great beer! ;)

Certainly looks like you are having a lot of fun in the US...enjoy your time!

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Brassinthegrass » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:45 pm

Love the TR report!! Although, I notice you have almost the exact same facial expression in every pic! I always get a kick out of that in TR, so nice job!!

Can't wait to see the rest!!

Next

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive