Photo TR: Parque Atracciones de Madrid & Parque Warner

With a small bonus
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Portugal needs more old-school B&M's!!!

Re: Photo TR: Parque Atracciones de Madrid & Parque Warner

Postby rcjp » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:42 am

^Oh thanks for clearing that up. I hope I can upload the WB photos today.
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

What does one say after riding a Batman clone?
The G force is strong with this one.

Postby rcjp » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:43 am

Part 3 (last one) - Parque Warner Madrid
Even though I had already been twice to this park, it was the day I was looking forward to the most of the trip as it was a long time ago (8 and 7 years) when I was a kid and basically still GP. So now I wanted to try this with a little more park and coaster experience.
On both occasions I had been there it was late August and in the middle of the week. The park was always dead with no lines. Naturally I assumed that (being a Saturday) it would be more crowded although it was later in the season.Well, it turns out that it was packed. Really packed. In terms of people "density" it was like my trips to Disneyland Paris. I assume that since my last visit the park has been investing in advertising and they seem to be throwing discounts all over the place as a friend of ours who lives in Madrid but has no interest in parks whatsoever turned out to have quite a few which we used.

Well, anyway, we got in (when the place opened) and went straight to superman which I managed to ride with minimal lines 5 times. Next up was batman (2x). I then headed to coaster express just to check if it still is my least favourite coaster but when I was in line it closed. Had lunch (I'll get to that later) and decided to get the "passe correcaminos" (30 euros). I was worth it as I then got loads of rides on the main coasters.

When I got the pass my parents went to the water part and I showed up for like 30 minutes (I only did because it was hot and they had bought a ticket for me). Meanwhile I had raised my superman ride count to 10 and after that break to cool down I rode batman 7 more times. I went to coaster express again but that area of the park was so crowded that even with the pass the lines were long. Next was one more ride on batman and superman followed by the first of the day on stunt fall (which had broken down). I then had a snack with my parents.

Not willing to give up on coaster express I went there again and finally rode it. I ran straight to superman as I wanted to reach 20 (I was at 11) and I had around 45 minutes to do it as I promised my parents we would leave at 9. It was really hard (had to run a lot) but I did it: at 21:05 I was with my parents who then asked me if I wanted one last ride on a coaster (I chose stunt fall).

Oh, and I also rode the S&S tower and the family coaster (correcaminos bip bip) once. Here are the individual reviews:

La venganza del enigma - Not much to say. A standard S&S tower with a height bonus. However, I enjoyed the smaller intamin one the previous day more (it seemed to give a better falling sensation).

Correcaminos bip bip - I've ridden very few family coasters but having been on one the previous day at parque de atracciones I can say I enjoyed this one more. It had faster transitions, slightly better pacing and a few moments of air.

Coaster Express - Rode it only one in the back car (on a wheel seat :?r ) and, yes, still the worst coaster I've ridden. It seemed to go from the headache inducing fast vibrations from my last visit to bouncing vertically as if the track was a really terrible road full of potholes. As a result it was quite painful (hurting my back and gentleman's area). Then there is also the fact that the layout is awful (honestly, comparing my only ride on wildcat at Hershey, that one hurt a bit more but at least it has a good pacing and transitions). There is no real drop, it crawls through the top of the hills and the "airtime hills" gave nothing. There was a moment where it felt like it was about to deliver a little floater but no.

Stunt Fall (2x) - After hearing reports from both people here and my dad (who ended up riding it before me that day) saying it had become rough I wasn't so exited. However, while it's not smooth (at least not like before) it's not bad if you know how to ride it. I know you shouldn't have to know how to ride a coaster but all I did was lean my head against the headrest during all times except for the top of the cobra roll where I sicked my head out and it was fine. Still a thrilling ride due to the vertical holding in both spikes. My favourite vekoma.

Batman (10x) - Not much to say: it's a BTR clone. Very smooth (smoother than superman), very forceful and has a great pacing and transitions. At least it's a way to ride an old school B&M which was build in 2002.

Superman (20x) - This has to be the star of the park. A special ride for me (as you may be able to tell by my avatar picture) as it was one of my first "big coasters" and, for quite a while, my favourite. So I was looking forward to riding it after I've been on a lot more coasters. It turns out it's better than I remembered. No it doesn't have the crazy pacing and transitions of Batman but it has some forces, a relatively long layout and a great drop. In the back I got more air (in the first drop) than on any other B&M and I love how it manages to pack 7 inversions, 2 airtime hills and 2 helices into one ride (also due to the lack of a MCBR and 3rd train). I didn't remember if the hills actually provided air but they do (floater, of course). The only thing I didn't like so much is how it's lost some of it's smoothness. I definitely wouldn't call it rough but closer to the back (which I rode many times) you got some vertical vibrations as if the wheels weren't in great shape. Not enough to give headbanging but dragon khan which is 7 years older was smoother in April. Still a great ride mad it's coasters like this which remind me of why I like B&M so much (despite what they've been doing now): it's not OMFG Crazy!!%&#! but it feels so well put together, it's hard to explain but I really like it.

As to the water park I can't say much as I was only there for a short time. I had a go on a wave pool, two decent small slides and that was it (it also had a lazy river and one or two more things, plus a kids area).

All in all, it was a great day and it was nice to return here. Great rides, coasters and nice overall look of the place.

Having said that, I have to talk about the weak operations. They weren't very efficient: running only one train on batman and CExpress and stacking them on superman (with only two). Also during most of the day they were allowing people in the stations so that they would just fill a train. You could choose the queue within certain limitations but it was fine (worked well with the pass thingy). However, later in the night on superman when they clanged the guy doing that job it was a total mess and having the pass was no longer a good thing as the station was packed, hard to tell who was going to fill the rows or not and, as a result, lots of individual seats empty on the trains. The worst thing, however, was eating: it took SO LONG I can't describe (and even remember) how angry I was. It took forever. The feeling I got was that the park is not ready to receive that many people and as a result this happened.

I know I wrote a lot more about the negatives but it was a great day and the park is definitely worth visiting (just try to avoid weekends).
DSC06801.JPG
Finally back here!
DSC06802.JPG
Oh I barely remembered this
DSC06803.JPG
Pretty crowded
DSC06804.JPG
Ticket
DSC06805.JPG
Some nice theming
DSC06806.JPG
more of it
DSC06807.JPG
and more
DSC06808.JPG
I see you....
DSC06809.JPG
Going to superman. If you walked a bit there would no longer be that many people
DSC06810.JPG
This is what I came for
DSC06811.JPG
The tower can be seen from nearly everywhere
DSC06812.JPG
I suppose this crane is for theming purposes
DSC06813.JPG
Getting closer ..
DSC06814.JPG
and closer...
DSC06815.JPG
Entry sign
DSC06816.JPG
S&S tower again
DSC06817.JPG
Clone!
DSC06818.JPG
There it is.
DSC06819.JPG
This one has good theming!
DSC06820.JPG
Zero-geeee!!!
DSC06821.JPG
Oh, right....
DSC06822.JPG
Station where victims board
DSC06823.JPG
Very accurate description of the ride.
DSC06824.JPG
For the transfer track nerds
DSC06825.JPG
Lift
DSC06826.JPG
More nice theming
DSC06827.JPG
New credit!
DSC06828.JPG
This one wasn't bad
DSC06829.JPG
pretty fun, actually
DSC06830.JPG
turning
DSC06831.JPG
and braking
DSC06832.JPG
this looks familiar
DSC06833.JPG
I was going to ride this now
DSC06834.JPG
lake
DSC06835.JPG
still thinking I was going now
DSC06836.JPG
Massive cobra roll
DSC06837.JPG
Oh...... The brakes were making a strange noise.
DSC06838.JPG
It's pretty tall
DSC06839.JPG
That's where the snappiness takes place.
DSC06840.JPG
Managed to get the whole roll in one shot
DSC06841.JPG
back to superman
DSC06842.JPG
batman from the superman area
DSC06843.JPG
there they go. About to experience awesomeness
DSC06844.JPG
loop de loop
DSC06845.JPG
Stunt fall from the water park
DSC06846.JPG
which also got some nice views of superman
DSC06847.JPG
that's one big loop
DSC06848.JPG
"zero-g ing"
DSC06849.JPG
cobra rolling
DSC06854.JPG
some great air in the back!
DSC06855.JPG
So far I've never bothered to try one of these and this day was no exception
DSC06856.JPG
Next ride!
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

Postby rcjp » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:55 am

More photos
DSC06857.JPG
A few more rides on batman
DSC06858.JPG
loop
DSC06859.JPG
zero g (my favourite part followed by the corkscrews)
DSC06860.JPG
superman!
DSC06861.JPG
reaching the top
DSC06862.JPG
great first drop
DSC06863.JPG
nice loop
DSC06864.JPG
and immelmann
DSC06865.JPG
great zero-g. Not very fast but it does provide great weightlessness (unlike some others I've ridden)
DSC06866.JPG
floater airtime hill
DSC06867.JPG
the exit of the first corkscrew was the roughest part. The train shook very quickly but it wasn't too bad.
DSC06868.JPG
batman doing its thing
DSC06870.JPG
after I finally (well, kind of) rode it
DSC06871.JPG
saying goodbye to superman. A great ride
DSC06872.JPG
last of the day
DSC06873.JPG
same shot as before but in the dark
DSC06874.JPG
yeah, you can sort of see the tower
DSC06875.JPG
time to leave
DSC06876.JPG
hope I return soon

This button makes my penis erect.

Postby DJeXeL » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:02 am

Dumb Question: Was this park managed by SF at one point?
- Insane In The Lift Chain -

"You shut your mouth when you talk to me"

Postby rcjp » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:22 am

^Yes! But, as far as I know, it was sold before opening.

Postby rcjp » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:25 am

Oh, sorry. After all it did open under the management of Six flags (according to wikipedia) until 2004.

This button makes my penis erect.

Postby DJeXeL » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:27 am

^Ok thanks. I was thinking it looked a little too good to be a SF ran park. ;)
Thanks for the trip report.
- Insane In The Lift Chain -

"You shut your mouth when you talk to me"

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:38 am

Looks like a very good park! I've always think their coaster collection is pretty good with one exception. Even Intamin trains cannot save a horrible RCCA ;)

Postby rcjp » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:12 pm

^True. It's my only RCCA and it happens to be my worst coaster. What a coincidence!

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby Dragon Khan » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:02 pm

Nice report ! Now, if only RMC...
Top woodies: 1: Outlaw Run / 2: BoulderDash / 3: El Toro / 4: Phoenix / 5: Tonnerre de Zeus
Top Steelies: 1: DRAGON KHAN / 2: Expedition Geforce / 3: Top Thrill Dragster/ 4: Goliath (Holland) / 5: Superman (Madrid)

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive