Photo TR: Liseberg + Djurs Sommerland

HELIX, Piraten, Juvelen and more!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Re: Photo TR: Liseberg + Djurs Sommerland

Postby GigaG » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:00 pm

Anac0nda wrote:Piraten was our first ride when we arrived about noon. Don't get me wrong, I loved it and it's in my top 10, but it wasn't magical like Helix. I would've loved to have it as our last ride as well, but as I wrote we had to catch a bus so we had to leave the line. I guess I'll put Piraten right back to my bucket list to give it a re-run in the near future :p Also I haven't ridden Maveshark. It's a bit too expensive for a student to make a holiday trip from Finland to the States. But it's in my bucket list, of course.

If I remember correctly, they were running 4 trains on Lisebergbanan with only one train stacking. It's one of the things that make me love Lisebergbanan. Sometimes I wonder too why this kind of block system isn't used in modern rides. Perhaps the length is the main issue...

Maveshark is really intense. It beats you up a bit, but you learn to brace, and it beats you up in the best possible way. It isn't the painful deathtrap people make it out to be. It's probably my favorite steel.
"Official" Cedar Fair fanboy!
Favorite Steel: Maverick|Favorite Wood: El Toro, Goliath is close behind|Favorite non-prefab/RMC woodie: Hard to say. Probably Shivering Timbers or Georgia Cyclone
Favorite Flats (in no particular order) - MoA NU Brain Surge, Chance Chaos, Flying Scooters, drop towers
I take a stand against unnecessary neutering of rides. Restore Revolution, Blue Streak, Dorney Thunderhawk, Raging Bull, etc...

Previous

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive