Martin & Cheryl Conquer New England!

ME, NH, RI, and a bit of R&R in CT, Part I
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Re: Martin & Cheryl Conquer New England!

Postby ScreaminNewEngland » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:44 pm

Vtafro wrote:Martin nice TR, looking to do a similar trip soon, any suggestions/recommendations for NH/ME?

Canobie is easily one of (if not) the best park in New England. Beautiful setting, amazing flat ride line up, themeing is great and the Yankee Cannonball is awesome.

Funtown Splashtown is another totally underrated park of New England. They have the tallest free fall in NE, (Dragon's Decent), Excalibur (great CCI woodie), Astrosphere (best flat ride eva!) and a nice flat line up. Splashtown is an awesome water park!

Nice report, glad you had fun at my home parks!
Yankee Cannonball <3

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:56 pm

This was more or less a typical scene. A-yuh.

I see that you have the Maine accent down pat! ;)

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby thesman » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:05 pm

good trip report. just found it weird you went from Maine to CT then back to Maine with out hitting credits on the way up.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby milst1 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:25 am

thesman wrote:good trip report. just found it weird you went from Maine to CT then back to Maine with out hitting credits on the way up.

Yes, we're weird. :Pr Actually, we were under a time constraint, and it's a long way up to Northern NH. We've been to the Connecticut parks and SFNE so that's where we had to sacrifice. We missed one credit at SFNE, but it's in the neighborhood so we'll get it at some point.
Shameless Plug! One Photo For Every Park We Hit in 2017! 2016! 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009
Last Park: Hyde Park Winter Wonderland
Next Park: Either SeaWorld San Antonio or Holiday World Maspalomas
Final 2018 Park Count: 125
Final 2018 Park Count: 100

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby ScreaminNewEngland » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:54 am

You didn't miss out, six flags has only lost not gained. Lake Compounce.....meh. BD is the only thing worth going there for. Quassy is great but only worth a couple hours.
Yankee Cannonball <3

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby milst1 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:15 am

ScreaminNewEngland wrote:You didn't miss out, six flags has only lost not gained. Lake Compounce.....meh. BD is the only thing worth going there for. Quassy is great but only worth a couple hours.

We were ambivalent but some weather issues also factored in. We needed the kiddie at Compounce, not that we would get it. We haven't ridden Superman at SFNE since the changeover to Bizarro, not that anyone has cheered about that. OTOH, I know George Frantzis (owner) and Ron Gustafson (Dir. Mktg/PR) at Quassy, and I like to support that park. My mom used to live near there, but she's since moved away and there are fewer opportunities to visit. Ah, c'est la vie.
Shameless Plug! One Photo For Every Park We Hit in 2017! 2016! 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009
Last Park: Hyde Park Winter Wonderland
Next Park: Either SeaWorld San Antonio or Holiday World Maspalomas
Final 2018 Park Count: 125
Final 2018 Park Count: 100

Previous

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive