Photo TR: Silver Dollar City & Worlds of Fun

A June trip to Silver Dollar City & Worlds of Fun
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Photo TR: Silver Dollar City & Worlds of Fun

Postby CaptainUnknown » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:05 pm

Finally getting around to posting my trip to Silver Dollar City and Worlds of Fun from Mid-June. I would have had it up sooner if I had known how to make a Trip Report. Thank you to all who didn't tell me on any of the several boards I asked on. :butt:
So enough with my complaining, Onto the photos!

I stayed just north of the Arkansas border at the Cliffs at Long Creek. Everyone should consider getting Bluegreen or RCI timeshares, these places are AWESOME!
1.JPG
This was the place I stayed at. A five-bedroom house overlooking Table Rock Lake
01.JPG
Please slow to 12.5 mph on the street the house was on. And don't you dare go over it.
2.JPG
The main kitchen
12.JPG
11.JPG
Views from the upper deck
13.JPG
20.JPG
I wonder what could be down this hallway?
21.JPG
Several comfortable leather chairs arranged stadium-style.
22.JPG
And a big red curtain...
23.JPG
HOLY BIG SCREEN TVS BATMAN! 96 inches to be exact.
32.JPG
Infinity hot tub overlooking Table Rock Lake
34.JPG
Seriously, this place is beautiful!
42.JPG
Finally to Silver Dollar City. It's been twelve years since I'd been here. I DID MY WAITING! 12 YEARS OF IT. AT VALLEYFAIR!
43.JPG
Wildfire, the first B&M I rode. Loved it as much now as I did then.
45.JPG
47.JPG
Wildfire going through the Cobra Roll. Sometime in the 12 years I was away, I forgot it had one of these.
48.JPG
Hold the wife and hide the young-ins, 'cause the Outlaw's a-runnin'!
52.JPG
Seriously the best wooden coaster I've ridden. Definitely deserving of its Golden Ticket.
49.JPG
Rode in the front, the back, and near the back. Got to love the airtime and the hangtime on the second roll!
53.JPG
Journey Down into the Marvel Caves. And my camera sucked down there! On the way down, they played the Doctor Who theme and Star Wars' Imperial March. I kept an eye out for any and all alien activity.
63.JPG
An Infinity Selfie at Grandfather's Mansion.
73.JPG
On our way up to Worlds of Fun, we stopped at a roadside attraction.
90.JPG
You may have to squint to see it, but that duck/goose thing is smoking a cigarette.
91.JPG
A horde of angel statues. DON'T BLINK!
94.JPG
The guy behind this place painted that with CAR PAINTS!
97.JPG
Coming up on Worlds of Fun. Stayed at Worlds of Fun Village on-site.
100.JPG
How cute, they gave us a towel dog with the remote.
101.JPG
Because I stayed at the Village, I got into the park 10 min. early! Headed straight for Prowler!
104.JPG
I was the first one in line and got three rides in the front seat without having to leave! Pretty great way to start the day.
106.JPG
After riding Outlaw Run and knowing how badly Renegade has roughened, I was expecting a lot of shaking. Thank God I was wrong!
108.JPG
It was running great the whole day and with almost no line up until the last 2 hours the park was open.
111.JPG
Patriot: a B&M invert themed to 'Murica.
113.JPG
Not as much 0-g as advertised here.
117.JPG
Unsurprisingly, Steelhawk wasn't open. I still don't know why Cedar Fair thinks the problems will be less here than at Knott's.
118.JPG
Look Ma, no hands!. Look Ma, no feet either! These things need to make a comeback like the flyers have.
121.JPG
Clever Girl.
123.JPG
This isn't the game the park needs, but the one it deserves.
124.JPG
A two-horned unicorn zebra. I'm done.
125a.JPG
When I was last here in 2004, I hated this thing. Now, I love it!
126.JPG
The theming is a big part of why. If only more parks themed this kind of ride more often.
130.JPG
The crew here was terrible today. There was barely 30 people in line, yet I waited nearly 15 minutes as a single rider. And they were running 3 cars.
132.JPG
At least I got the best spinning I've ever gotten on a spinning coaster.
136.JPG
A beautiful shot of Boomerang. If only it rode as nice as it looked.
138.JPG
Why do we torture ourselves in this way?
141.JPG
Outside Timberwolf's queue. It tells you everything you need to know to avoid it until RMC comes and helps.
142.JPG
Camp Snoopy: Come leave your kids here while you go ride Prowler, Mamba, and Patriot.
127.JPG
I found a crack in the fabric of time and space in the fabric of my seat on Zulu. I'm lucky to be alive. Or at the very least, on this planet in this time.
128.JPG
The park has a great deal on fudge: 3 blocks for $7. My card wouldn't go through and I missed getting in line for Mamba at the end of the day by under a minute. So that's how a silver medalist feels.
99.JPG
Until next time, Missouri!
Take a Journey Into The Unknown Latest Update: Carowinds

Parks: 23
Coasters: 130 (24 wood/106 steel)

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Re: Photo TR: Silver Dollar City & Worlds of Fun

Postby OrlandoGuy » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:13 pm

Great pictures! I know everyone loves Silver Dolar City, but what did you think of Worlds of Fun? For some reason that park is very intriguing to me...seems like it should be a charming attempt at theming by Cedar Fair, and also seems like it has a lot of old school flare which is interesting.

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby CaptainUnknown » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:12 pm

OrlandoGuy wrote:Great pictures! I know everyone loves Silver Dolar City, but what did you think of Worlds of Fun? For some reason that park is very intriguing to me...seems like it should be a charming attempt at theming by Cedar Fair, and also seems like it has a lot of old school flare which is interesting.

WoF is a fun park but I believe that it had too many centrifugal force attractions (Bamboozler, Zulu, Finnish Fling) and needs an S&S Screaming Swing. It's not my favorite park. When I was there, most rides would be walk-ons at a place like SDC, but as I described on Spinning Dragons, the crews were terrible. I also think that their theme of "Around the World in 80 Days" is half-hearted.
Take a Journey Into The Unknown Latest Update: Carowinds

Parks: 23
Coasters: 130 (24 wood/106 steel)

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Shavethewhales » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:19 pm

The "Around the World in 80 Days" theme has essentially been thrown in the trash by CF. They haven't done anything to act like it's still a thing for years now. They really don't care about the impacts of theming unless it supports a single ride, and even then they typically do it halfheartedly.

Nice photos, good to know about your experience with the timeshare too. I did something similar with my family a few years ago and also really enjoyed it. Branson is a great place for family reunions and gatherings.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jynx242 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:51 pm

Thanks for posting these. I absolutely LOVED Silver Dollar City when I visited, and Worlds of Fun is one of the more charming Cedar Fair parks (because of the leftover theming :))

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive