My Cedar Point Coaster Campout Experience

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Re: My Cedar Point Coaster Campout Experience

Postby vistaway » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:35 pm

I did this event as well with the family and we all loved it. The park did an amazing job. I will be a dissenting voice here and say that the 2am haunt promo wasn't the best idea given the family audience. While we were able to keep our kids sleeping throughout, not all parents were as lucky, and I did see quite a few kids that were pretty shaken the morning after. Good idea in concept, and it didn't keep us from loving the event, but I doubt they would do it again the same way (the haunt part, that is). The scariest part for me was overhearing the nearby camper who was telling a friend that he almost grabbed his gun that he had under his pillow. He sounded very serious. That, to me, is a hell of a lot scarier than being woken up by a scareactor shaking my tent!

Kudos to CP for putting on a well-organized and phenomenally-generous event. Hopefully it speaks to some other CF parks!

Previous

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive