My Cedar Point Coaster Campout Experience

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: My Cedar Point Coaster Campout Experience

Postby cfc » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:29 pm

I'm not into camping, but this looks like a lot of fun--especially the "Haunt" surprise.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:35 pm

So did I read that correctly that some people attended the event, but didn't camp? I'm not sure I understand the point of why someone would register for a coaster "campout" and not camp.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby JJLehto » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:37 pm

Sounds like an amazing time!
This is something I'd love to do.

Thanks for the report, well done to boot : D
Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Fury 325, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), I305, Lightning Run
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Beast

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby Invertalon » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:09 pm

Robb,

They limited the amount of campers and also did a lottery for the spots available. We signed up and just did the ERT at night and left afterward. There was quite a few people who didn't sleep over but attended.

BTW, the haunt thing sounded awesome. It would have been hilarious!
-Steve

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:19 pm

^ I'm still confused. So there were spots available WITHOUT being able to camp? Or was everyone that got in allowed to camp, but some just chose not to?

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby jetsplumber » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:35 pm

robbalvey wrote:That a GREAT report from what looks like a fantastic event! I hope they continue to do this event annually!

ElToroMillieniumForce wrote:Though I did overhear some not so happy folks who thought the stunt had gone too far - actually saw one group take down their tent and leave!!! But a majority of the folks ate it up! I mean, we are camping - so there should be a scary story in there somewhere (maybe not at 2 AM) Plus we are in an amusement park - which is all about F-U-N.

Ugh, why does there have to be one or two in every group? Honestly, my feeling on this is - What an AWESOME AWESOME thing to do! It's hilarious, it's FUN, and it's exactly what I would have done as well! When you're at a park from dusk till dawn, you'd think there would be a surprise or two thrown in! Kudos to the management for having fun with it!

And for those that don't like it? Let them leave! No one wants party poopers around anyway. (Any idea what group they were with?) I hope this hasn't discouraged them from doing something like that a future events.

Thanks for sharing!

--Robb

they are probably the same person when you go to a NFL game, and your team is on D, and on a 3rd and long, and every is standing and makes noise, this bum is behind you yelling to sit down, or down in front.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby tooooobbe » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:28 am

Thanks for a great trip report. Seems like an awesome event!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:07 am

What awesome pictures! I am so glad you had a good time! I may need to add this to my bucket list!
Bigger is not always better.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby RobotsEatElectrons » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:50 am

My girlfriend and I camped out and had a blast. The 2am wake up call was hilarious. They shook our tent and yelled, "we're coming in to get you!"

Cedar Point did an amazing job and really did there best to make this a fun event. Even received a free blanket! I hope that despite the complaining by a few that the majority of us really enjoyed this FREE event.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby glouthan » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:00 am

Wow! I really need to attend this if they are doing one next year! Seem like a lot of fun, and Cedar Point made it even more entertaining with that "spooky scene".

Roller coasters are my passion. It's what I do, it's who I am.

Check out my roller coaster blog: www.journeythroughcoasters.com Trip Reports! Ride Reviews! News Updates! and more...

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive