Switch to full style
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Post a reply

Re: Photo TR: A Jiggidy Return To Mid-America

Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:24 pm

WFChris wrote:I love opening days! I haven't been to one in so long!

On another note, those were the least buff looking warriors I have ever seen :lmao:

:lol: I was just gonna say, would it really have been that hard to find some guys in good shape to act as the gladiators? There have to be at least a few people in Illinois who go to the gym right??

Anyway, love the TR so far, thanks for the great pictures!

Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:27 am

^Yeah, but those kinda actors cost money. 6Flags probably found 10 largerish employees, Paid them $7.50 per hour, dressed them up as gladiators, had them sign on camera waivers, and told them to follow the leader.

Probably cost them less than hiring one real buff dude for the morning.

SAG/AFTRA rate of a single on camera event for 45-60 minutes. $1,137
Source - http://www.sagaftra.org/files/sag/rate_sheet_aftra_network_tv_code_2011-2014.pdf

10 6Flags employees for two hours $7.50 X 10 = $75 X 2 hours = $150

What do you think 6 Flags did? :roll:

Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:33 am

ZeroGravity55 wrote:I believe you visited HW a day before I did. Glad to hear The Voyage was running well, seeing it was closed all day when I visited the next day. I actually have a gut feeling that the whole area where Pilgrims Plunge used to be is going to be completely redone to cater to the new ride next year. Thanks for sharing the photos!

It sounds like that we got really lucky with our two rides.

Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:37 pm

Me being curious. What had the wait time been like for Goliath so far?

Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:53 pm

I think the wait for Goliath stayed between 2-3 hours last Thursday, with 2 trains running. The line was the longest at the beginning of the day, probably closer to 4 hours.

I was at Indiana Beach a couple of days before, and I was amazed at how dead that park was. I actually had to ask the ride operators if a ride was running, and they'd be like "It is now. Hop on."
The Double Shot at IB tried to kill me. That ride has some INTENSE ejector air. Also, Cornball with zero wait for the back seat was awesome. A few times, I was the only person on the train.
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS