Hello dear TPR-Community,
Yesterday I was at Movie Park Germany to celebrate the annual Halloween Event “Halloween Horror Fest”. In this anniversary year (15 Years of Halloween) Movie Park Germany has 5 Mazes. One of the 5 Mazes is completely new (The Walking Dead), the others are only changed compared to last Year. (the biggest Horror House “Deathpital” has changed a lot. Baboo Twister Club, The Forgotten and Circus of Freaks are like last Year)
The “Halloween Horror Fest” is the oldest and probably the biggest Halloween Event in Germany. The special feature of the Event is, that you only have to pay the entry (34 Euro) or less, if you have discount Vouchers. Every Maze of this Event is included and you don’t have to pay extra. (for example like in Walibi Holland, where you have to pay 5 Euro per Maze.)
The first two mazes open at 2pm (The Forgotten and Deathpital), the third Maze at 5pm (The Walking Dead) and the last two mazes at 6pm, when the Street Monsters start to walk through the Park.
My “Top 5” of the Horror Houses:
1. The Walking Dead: Even if it is short, it was the best Maze last night. The decoration of the Maze, the “Beißer” (it is the german name for the “walker”
) and the atmosphere are really good and makes this maze to the best Horror Attraction at Halloween Horror Fest.
2. Deathpital: I would say : “Old but gold” . It is one of the older Mazes, but this year it has changed a lot. On the Beginning we have now a Preshow and they’re using a lot of this “Horror fragrances”. I liked it, but last Year the Scare Actors were a bit better than this year. But nevertheless it is a good and very long Maze. (in the perspective of an European
3. The Forgotten: The Maze with the most ambitious Scare Actors. Maybe they are sometimes a bit too ambitious ( I don’t like too much touching and catching at Mazes
). The decoration is okay, but not the best at the Event. All in All: The hardest Maze of the HHF.
4. Baboo Twister Club: It is the only maze at Movie Park Germany, which is allowed for Children and Teens under 16 and over 12 years. But it is not less hard than the other Mazes, because it contains a lot of scare moments, which are quiet heavy for a 12-year old boy or girl. I wouldn’t recommend it for them. In my opinion, Baboo Twister Club is a really good maze, which you don´t have to miss if you are there. But compared to the other Horror-attractions, it is unfortunately only the 4th Place.
5. Circus of Freaks: “Last but not Least” suits a lot to the Circus, because the Scare Actor in this Maze are very good and ambitious, but the decoration is unfortunately the worst of the 5 Mazes. You don’t have to miss this maze, but if you don’t have enough time for all 5 Mazes, I would leave out this maze.
Enough writing, here are some pictures from yesterday. I hope you’ll enjoy it!
P.S. Please don't be so hard with my English. I know it is not that good, but I'm still learning