TR: Yin Goes To Texas/Midwest with TPR!

Page 5:City Museum!!!!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Re: TR: Yin Goes To Texas/Midwest with TPR!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:00 am

^Totally! I think Silver Dollar City's queue theming is much better than the Disney parks I've been to. *cough* California Screamin' *cough* :lol:

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:58 am

Let me give a huge thank you for the gift bag from Silver Dollar City first =) . My family loved the candy so much!

The best day of my life started from the backstage tour of Fire in the Hole-one of the oldest rides at Silver Dollar City. I was really impressed by how big the maintenance area is :omg: ! Especially inside of a building that does not look big at all.

A really nice breakfast was offered after the backstage tour, started to fall in love with the food :lover: at Silver Dollar City even before the park opened!

Then, being one of the first riders of Outlaw Run is no doubt a highlight because I had nearly half an hour to see how to get ready for a coaster to open :br . Plus, first time in my life, I saw how the second train is transported to the track! :b After the five rides in the dark, I finally got to see the whole track. OMG it’s BEAUTIFUL :lover: !!!!! Of course more souvenir is required for a great day, I’m covered with Outlaw Run already. Outlaw Run shades, Outlaw Run baseball cap with bullet holes, Outlaw Run T-Shirt which is in the park’s gift bag, Outlaw Run iPhone case (Amazing that I replaced my 3GS eight hours before the plane took off), Outlaw Run key chain and Outlaw Run pencil. Plus the front of the line pass, the envelop etc with Outlaw Run on it. :lol:

Outlaw Run was too great that I honestly FORGOT about the other coasters, Powder Keg was closed due to the rain earlier that day so we started from Wildfire-a B&M with a great first drop on the back :airtime: . The station theme is also outstanding (Again, California Screamin’…) with the special effect before the train dispatch still working after 13 years of operation. Sitting in the back is a great experience because the first drop has some really nice floater. But the rest of the ride, just a B&M you know… The coaster got my heart by the amazing setting though.

Talking about Silver Dollar City, how could we forget about the food? =) Our food adventure started after the second ride of the day from the skillets. After the first bite, OMG I’m so living here! Seriously who said America does not have great food? I prefer SDC’s food far over from those Chinese foods! And I said that even before I tried the cinnamon bread! Our small group had a food party later with the funnel cake, nachos etc. I want to live here! :lover:

Fire in the Hole is the next ride, after the backstage tour, I wasn’t expecting too much from this ride but those two drops really surprised me! I can imagine how great it was for the visitors in the 70s. Silver Dollar City seems to has a tradition of building great ride since their very first ride. :lover:

What came next had been my dream since I knew Silver Dollar City—POWDER KEG!!! Ever since I watched the POV of that ride, I feel like it could be one of my favorite coasters and it ended up being my NO.3 steel coaster after Maverick and Mega-Lite! The launch was great and it has some nice ejector. For a family coaster, this one is not super intense but super fun. I did find the old Premier’s section a little bit bumpy but who cares? :airtimer:
IMG_0833.JPG
Our nice hotel
IMG_0834.JPG
Nothing can wake me up better than a bag of Dippin' Dots, and it's at SILVER DOLLAR CITY!!!
IMG_0835.JPG
We are entering the hole...wait a minute
IMG_0836.JPG
Really nice vehicle for a ride built at the 70s
IMG_0837.JPG
Main track of the ride
IMG_0839.JPG
Yay! maintainance area! A lot of nerd shots were taken there for sure.
IMG_0843.JPG
Such as this one
IMG_0841.JPG
And this one
IMG_0846.JPG
And this one
IMG_0849.JPG
Even this one
IMG_0848.JPG
Yay! more control panel(is it?)
IMG_0850.JPG
Love it! BTW, thanks for the puncho, SDC
IMG_0851.JPG
I took this photo again
IMG_0853.JPG
Hi there, how was your sleep last night?
IMG_0852.JPG
More nerd shot!
IMG_0854.JPG
OMG I'm seeing this happening!
IMG_0855.JPG
The train goes very quick the whole time, even in the transitional track.
IMG_0858.JPG
Am I the only one who found that there is actually a piece of I-Beam track on Outlaw Run?
IMG_0859.JPG
Oh, a B&M is here!
IMG_0860.JPG
Beautiful setting for a ride.
IMG_0861.JPG
It could be better if something like SkyRush is sitting here I think.
IMG_0863.JPG
Cobra Roll
IMG_0864.JPG
Nerd shot
IMG_0867.JPG
Lift hill shot.
IMG_0872.JPG
I think the color is perfect though. Gotta go to have something better like...
IMG_0875.JPG
SKILLET!
IMG_0877.JPG
Another skillet!
IMG_0878.JPG
Then we went back to Fire in the Hole. And OMG it is a big surprise! I didn't expect something that good for a 70s dark ride/coaster!
IMG_0881.JPG
Station. Again, Silver Dollar City really should give Six Flags, Cedar Fair and all those Chinese parks some lessons.
IMG_0882.JPG
Next highlight coming up here.
IMG_0883.JPG
Closer and closer...
IMG_0885.JPG
IMG_0884.JPG
IMG_0885.JPG
And closer... But I have to stop, because...
IMG_0886.JPG
THIS is way more important!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:57 am

Sorry for not posting last week because I was busy preparing for the TOEFL test. Continue!
IMG_0887.JPG
Again, this is what shows we are at Silver Dollar City.
IMG_0889.JPG
JERKY! First time in my life, I ate kangaroo and aligator...
IMG_0891.JPG
We tried all flavors of them and it is time for...
IMG_0893.JPG
Powder Keg! I have been waiting for this day to come for years! This is certainly one of the most underrated coasters in this planet.
IMG_0894.JPG
Ready to ride!
IMG_0896.JPG
Again, we are at Silver Dollar City. Which means ride-eat-ride-eat-ride...
IMG_0897.JPG
Yay!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:07 am

Sorry for a major delay since the last post. Keep going at Silver Dollar City!

During our second day at the park, the amazing Silver Dollar City held a moon light madness event and we stayed at the park for 16 hours!

The only negative thing was about the Cave Tour that it was raining in the morning so parts of the cave was flooded, which, in the other hand, increased our time with Outlaw Run and all the great park food!

After the cave tour, Silver Dollar City gave us a great buffet including VEGETABLES!! We were also one of the first prople who tried their new funnel cake.

When lunch time was over, SDC held a game section with the best present I have ever seen--a piece of wood from Outlaw Run with the signature of the Silver Dollar City crew. I was so glad to get a piece of wood as the member that travelled the furthest to come to the park. I was also very lucky to meet the CEO of Herschend, thanks IAAPA videos that I recognised him.
IMG_0909.JPG
Where are we going now?
IMG_0910.JPG
CAVE TOUR!
IMG_0917.JPG
Seriously this is a huge cave!
IMG_0918.JPG
IMG_0924.JPG
The tour guide said that the Statue of Liberty can be put into this cave. How about an Intamin Mega?
IMG_0928.JPG
Noted!
IMG_0932.JPG
More cave or more food? I chose more food!
IMG_0933.JPG
Little bit of light can keep those little lives living
IMG_0934.JPG
It's Silver Dollar City! I was also amazed by how I managed to eat all of these!
IMG_0935.JPG
New flavor!
IMG_0937.JPG
The amazing Silver Dollar City crew and the amazing Robb!
IMG_0939.JPG
Joel! I met a celebrity!
IMG_0940.JPG
More coming up soon!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:26 pm

Very entertaining report! Lots of fun reminders of the trip. I love the views from the Wildfire deck, and I agree with you on all the coasters at SDC.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:46 am

cal1br3tto wrote:Very entertaining report! Lots of fun reminders of the trip. I love the views from the Wildfire deck, and I agree with you on all the coasters at SDC.

Thanks! Remember the Hollywood Tower Hotel section before the cave tour? :lmao: :airtimer: Drop tower down the cave! :airtimer:

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:33 am

Does anyone know what does this thing mean?
IMG_0951.JPG

Hard Rock hyyyper

Postby hyyyper » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:27 am

Not sure if it had any meaning, but it is a giant spherical piece of rock that's floating on a thin layer of water. The water acts as a bearing, reducing friction so much that you rotate the sphere by pushing it.

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:16 am

hyyyper wrote:Not sure if it had any meaning, but it is a giant spherical piece of rock that's floating on a thin layer of water. The water acts as a bearing, reducing friction so much that you rotate the sphere by pushing it.

I think it doesn't have any special meaning. Located in the kiddie area, it might just be something that use water to cool the kids down in a hot summer day.

Does the water come with high pressure to float the rock? :?r

Alan Schilke is my "man crush".

Postby Woodie Warrior » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:10 pm

I think that thing came from Celebration City when it closed.
Top 10: 1. The Voyage 2. Outlaw Run 3. Millennium Force 4. SkyRush 5. Maverick
6. El Toro 7. Fahrenheit 8. Storm Runner 9. Thunderbird 10. Powder Keg

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive