Photo TR: Bill & David's TPR Japan Tour (2013)

Our whole trip - From "A-rigato" to Z-ouvenirs! (o:
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: Photo TR: Bill & David's TPR Japan Tour (2013)

Postby cfc » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:49 pm

I thought second section of Takabisha was better than the launched section, but I liked the ride overall.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:27 pm

More Fuji-Q...More of the park

After Takabisha, people started splitting up and touring around the rest of the park. David and I did a few flats, the smaller coasters like the "flying hamster" coaster (Great Fluffy Sky Adventure) and the kiddies' coaster in Thomas Land (Rock 'N Roll Duncan), which was actually a fast zippy little coaster to ride!

The Sky Wheel provided us with several great views of the park and of Mt.Fuji, of course. We even had a bird join us ont he wheel for the few minutes, before taking off to somewhere else.

We also did two walk-throughs, one which was okay. The other...well all i can say is INTENSE. The first one was a sort of "Prison Break" themed attraction, everybody starting out in jail cells, then being released and having only 10 minutes (we found out at the end of it) to gather imprints of different 'items' on a card we were given at the start of the attraction. Some of the slots to insert the card were pretty hard to find, even for the locals. And with it all being in Japanese, we could only follow others around, and maybe hope to find a few of those card slots on our own, which we rarely did. An interesting attraction, but once was enough (for me, for now).

The other walk-through was the more anticipated one. And it did not disappoint me. Haunted Hospital has been at the park since before our first TPR tour in 2007. And at that time, line up were well over two hours wait! And there were no "front of line tickets" to be gotten, back then. So, for that tour, I skipped it. Then, when we came back in 2011, the queue wasn't too bad, at that time, but still well over an hour I remember. So, I once again skipped it, for another future tour...

This time however, the Hospital was literally a walk-in for us. Which was great. And while we really got a kick out of all the time we spent touring through the building, it was a heck of a work out physically, especially all the stairs we had to keep going up and going down, and mentally, since you really couldn't tell when and where a scare actor would pop up, which of course, made it all the more intense. And I was really amazed at how 'dangerous' some of the room were to walk through, with all the equipment lying around, bottles and jars on shelves, nothing looking like it was locked up, etc. Nothing like this would ever work, or be allowed in North America, I was sure of that.

It was great, totally exhausting for us, but well worth waiting to do a "visit" there.

The two photos posted at the end of this posting are from the Prison Break attraction, and Haunted Hosptial. Not really "on ride" photos, but still a nice memory of two cool indoor attraction (yes, all things considered, even Prison Break was good in concept and themeing).
Resize of IMG_2634.JPG
General view of Fuji, with the Sky Wheel in back. And peddle boats were run in the water area here.
Resize of IMG_2635.JPG
David in front of the golden cats statues, part of the themeing for the raft ride in Fuji. They do like their kittys, lol!
Resize of IMG_2637.JPG
And me, placed where Card 33 (I love 3's!) should be along the railing with all the cat gods in view. (DbM)
Resize of IMG_2641.JPG
Our Sky W#heel ride. We decided to take the "Love Capsule" since we figured we could get better un-blocked shots of the park. Nobody blinked, when we asked for it.
Resize of IMG_2643.JPG
Our co-rider on the Wheel.
Resize of IMG_2644.JPG
A rainbow of colours in the wheel's center section.
Resize of IMG_2645.JPG
Looking down at the Mad Mouse. I really liked the layout of this mouse. I just wish it wasn't so darned....rough and jerky. Would be a great ride if everything were smoothed out.
Resize of IMG_2648.JPG
Looking through the capsule itself.
Resize of IMG_2652.JPG
Um...speaks for itself, hmm? Interesting themeing I must say, lol.
Resize of IMG_2653.JPG
Lunch - with beer! And it was good. (DbM)
Resize of IMG_2654.JPG
They even had a map to show where the smokers could go and light up. That was nice of the park.
Resize of IMG_2656.JPG
And - the Haunted Hospital facade. There was no way photos could be taken inside of it, except for their photo of you at the beginning of the "tour."
Resize of IMG_3340.JPG
And here we are - all calm and collected to tour the Hospital.
Resize of IMG_3342.JPG
Now honestly. Would you let these two out of prison? I wouldn't. At least, the one on the left I wouldn't trust. (o;
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Moose » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:46 am

I was really disappointed by the hospital. We got very few scare actors to pop out at us and just loong stretches of creepiness. And stairs. Lots of stairs.

Robb and Elissa made this day beyond awesome with the front of the line passes!

I'm wearing my Eejanika shirt today which according to Wikipedia, means "ain't it great"

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:51 pm

^ I think somebody mentioned earlier, that maybe they use less scare actors, according to the size of the crowds coming into the Hospital. I remember too that there were only a few actors we came across, or came across us (eek). But I didn't mind that, as the intensity of just moving through the building, built up enough anxiety for myself. David even bumped into me at one point, and I jumped at that, LOL! And yeah, all those stairs were very daunting.

But why did they take away our flashlight, halfway through the tour?!
Not fair, ghosts. :wink:

Good to hear you found out what Eejanaika meant, Jon. I got a cap and
t-shirt during the 2011 tour, and still never found out what the writing on them, meant.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:22 pm

Fuji-Q - the rest of the day...

After The Haunted Hospital, David went up top on the mini-Fuji mountain in the middle of the park (and it was there in 1972, when I first visited Fuji-Q!) for some random park shots. I wanted to go into this "sound attraction" which involved coffins and being in them (!), but the attraction had been totally taken out, and a children's funhouse-type attraction now stood in it's place. It was actually well done for the kids to race around and use up pent up energy. But still - the coffin attraction was enticing...

At one point, we had a meet up time near one of the ticket booths, to determine if we wanted to stay longer at Fuji, or not. Robb and Elissa also had a fistful of "front of line tickets" to still give out, so our meeting became a "who wants what" get together, lol. And somehow, the tickets for Takabisha appeared to be the hardest to give away. Hmmm... We did decide to stay a bit longer, which was fine by me.

Everybody was hoping for a really clear shot of Mt.Fuji, but that rarely happened, if only for a minute or so, before more clouds rolled in at the top. There was a spot outside the park gates, which a few people trekked to for a "hopeful shot" of the mountain, but I don't know if they got one or not.

So - an actual pretty good day at Fuji-Q Highland Park! (did I just say that?) And since in my lifem things seem to happen in 3's, here's hoping the next future visit there, will be the best of the three ('11,'13) visits. :wink:

Knock wood.
Resize of IMG_2657.JPG
David at the top of Mini-Fuji. Been there since I was first there in 1972! (note all the clouds in the direction of the real thing)
Resize of IMG_2657b.JPG
One of my photos from that small mountain.
Resize of IMG_2657a.JPG
Where I came from, to get up it. Lots of greenery all around this area. And nothing else in the rest of the park. Except trees, which from time to time made for some nice shade from the sun.
Resize of IMG_2658.JPG
A shot of the park's rapids ride.
Resize of IMG_2658a.JPG
What used to be filled with coffins, is now filled with stuff for kids to run all over and through.
Resize of IMG_2659.JPG
The last large room of the attraction, before exiting into the gift shop, natch. And then there's that whiite.... uh....thing there. No comment.
Resize of IMG_2661.JPG
Another view from Mini-Mt.Fuji
Resize of IMG_2662.JPG
Eejanaika. Once was enough for me back in 2007 (after a 3 hour+ wait), so I passed on this visit. Others got several rides on it, I heard.
Resize of IMG_2663.JPG
Still something to watch, when it's in action.
Resize of IMG_0638.JPG
David took a close up of the last drop. (DbM)
Resize of IMG_2664.JPG
A bite to eat, before we finally left the park. And note the Fujiyama Burger (omg). We just split an order of fries and drinks.
Resize of IMG_0680.JPG
Leaving Fuji-Q. Bye bye Fujiyama. See you next visit.
Resize of IMG_2666.JPG
And on the way back to our hotel, I took this random shot of the Tokyo Tower.
Last edited by Nrthwnd on Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:22 am.

Postby Moose » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:48 pm

Lol. At first I thought you meant David somehow got to Fuji and I was sad that I missed that opportunity. That mountain.... Not so much.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:45 pm

^ Lol. I took a look and agreed - it didn't really describe what I was talking about. So it's fixed. :smile:

Postby Moose » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:33 pm

There was no need to fix it :). I thought you meant it as a joke.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:10 pm

Now Jon, how could I possibly come up with a joke like that?
Just being too-serious, worrying me, that's all. ;)

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby rctneil » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:45 am

Great report on Fuji Q Bill. Nice to see it from the point of view of someone not rushing to fit all the coasters in.

Glad I have now ridden them all so future visits can (hopefully) be a bit more relaxing.

But big props to Robb and Elissa this day for camping out at the FastPass kiosk and to Chuck and Michael for enabling me to get through the haunted hospital! Even though there were not that many scare actors in there, the fact that you felt very alone and it was very eerie and creepy more than jumpy, made it bearable.
TRIPS:
West Coast Tour 2009 - || - Middle America 2010 - || - IntimidaTOUR 2010 - || - Best of China 2012
Taiwan 2013 - || - Japan 2013 - || Scandinavia 2014
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/5a7b5ea10f265e536d315d1bd5a624a7.jpg[/img][/url]

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive