Photo TR: A Quick Trip to Brazil!

Pg. 7 - Xuxa Park Log Ride POV!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Site Admin

Re: Photo TR: A Quick Trip to Brazil!

Postby SharkTums » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:46 am

Thanks for the suggestion on where to stay! I'm all for staying walking distance to a McDonalds!

Interesting look at the park from a seasoned traveler.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby HeitorAntunes » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:28 am

Great Trip Report, Joey! Congrats! Aaaaand, guys, "sex" is an abreviation (hardly ever used)
of sexta-feira, that's "friday" in english. Loool =)

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby Mrenata » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:24 am

they should bend the security guards of the park

I don't think bending people is something allowed in Brazil =)

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:34 am

Are there any TGIFriday restaurants in Brazil? TGISex!
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Full Fledged Meat Enthusiast!

Location: Phoenix, AZ, San Mateo, CA, A Southwest 737, a Continental 737, A United 737...

Postby QueerRudie » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:35 am

Beautiful pics, Joey. I can say this park is on the 'to do' list as it looks quite good- and quite different. The theming is over the top, even if the rides don't appear to be... and they DO have a fantastic looking coaster or two there. Not that I'm biased or anything.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby HeitorAntunes » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:56 pm

Guys, if you saw a little trash on the floor of Hopi Hari (in the pictures of Joey)... tell me. And, according of Joey, north-american teenagers are so terrible than brazilians. So, one person is talk a little bit more here. :lmao:

Mrenata
What's your problem, sweet? A lot of countries has terrible teenagers. And never, I said, NEVER I saw a person on the river of "Rio Bravo", jumping inside the fountains or dancing in Kastel di Lendas (I went in Hopi Hari 10000000 times). I just saw this on YouTube (just in this video that you showed for us). And of course this already happened, like in another's parks in the world. :mickey:

I don't know why you hate much your country. At last is what you show when you talk about. Me and Joey had a great time in Hopi Hari. And we don't saw that you said. I'm sorry. :airtime:

About language of the park, for me (and for more 193 946 886 Brazilians) is soooo fun! My cousins (children's) love this! When we enter in the park, is like we inside in a new world/country, with flag, national anthem, inhabitants... I don't see a problem on this. :b
Last edited by HeitorAntunes on Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:03 pm.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:01 pm

Mine had dulce de leche inside, and coconut on top. It was absolutely amazing!

That does sound like one amazing churro. U.S. parks should offer these.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:01 pm

Mrenata wrote:"hard to find all the info you need on their website."

"for the average Brazilian that has never traveled abroad, it's great."

Their website was really confusing. I had this person in Sao Paulo try and help me and she couldn't figure it out! We didn't want to get the wrong pass so we ended up not getting them online at a discount because we couldn't understand it.

I think you're right about it being a great park if they haven't traveled abroad. To be fair, I've never been to any other park in South America, but when you compare it other parks in the world it is definitely not that great. Not terrible, but nothing amazing.

Other things:

"Wow, the guy said only bad things about Sao Paulo. At least he said some nice things about Hopi Hari"

Sao Paulo has some great areas, and some pretty areas, but it is still mainly an industrial city. It's like Detroit in the US. Sure there are some great things, but it's definitely not the top place to visit in the US.

"He has family in brazil and is THAT ignorant about our culture? The only thing missing on that trip report is he saying he expected to see monkeys wandering around on the streets. he liked the park, though :-)"

Packs of wild dogs, yes, monkeys, no. My parents are doing humanitarian work in Brazil and have only been there for 10 months so that is why I knew nothing of Brazil. And was I ignorant about Brazil, absolutely. I'm sorry, but Brazil was no where near the top of my list of places to visit. I decided 3 weeks before I left to even visit. I only went because my mom was sick and I was worried about her.

"Did I get lost in translation, or that guy said that Montezum is not impressive?"

Definitely not impressive. Fun, sure, but very rough. Not as rough as I expected, but still pretty rough. Definitely in the top 20 of roughest rides I've been on.

"He said Hopi Hari is better than other parks he visited in Latin America"

I don't remember saying it was better than other parks I visited because it was the only full park I went to. I was actually impressed with Xuxa park more than anything. However, that is just a kids park, and not for theme park enthusiasts.

"Saying Montezum is not impressive is absurd!!!!!"

I wonder how many wooden coasters they've been on. Honestly, it's not nearly as terrible as some rides out there, but it's really nothing special. When you compare it to rides like El Toro, Phoenix, or Thunderhead, there is really no comparison. It reminds me kind of like a smaller Georgia Cyclone.

"I agree that Vurang is slow, but I was expeting a more inteligent analysis of the ride, since the guy is from TPR. Vurang is a family coaster, if he wants something that spins a lot, he should have riden Giralata!"

But it's a spinning coaster! It is supposed to spin but it really doesn't expect for one seat. I honestly don't know what they mean by 'more intelligent,' it was a slow ride, with really not much too it. The only way I can explain this is that it is like a lot of the forceless japan coasters, but kiddie sized. The ones that just go straight, turn, straight, turn. It's a smaller version of those but in a warehouse. The outside of the building and the queue are really nice, but inside the ride there is nothing.

"I don't get why his opinion is so important, for me he's just another fan, like me or anyone else"

That's exactly right!

scherer wrote:The Hopi Hari is a nice park, but must learn to manage your own park! He is capable yes, but what they lack is organization toward the park. The security piece, every day of open parkland always something pathetic happens with teenagers in the park.

Jray21 when you have the opportunity to meet Beto Carrero World in Brazil, not far from Hopi Hari, come! But come on mid-end of 2013, the park is planning several innovations like The Big Chiller, old roller coaster at Six Flags Great Adventure, and the areas of DreamWorks!

Students from schools in Brazil are really stupid, go to the park just to fool around, but the Hopi Hari sin in having that security, they should bend the guards of the park to better utilization of both teenagers and tourists! :)

I did feel there wasn't enough security to control the teenagers. At least not enough visible security. They could have had plenty, but they should have been more visible. There wasn't anything extremely terrible, but there were a few kids I saw who were not even close to legal age openly smoking and drinking walking around the park and being obnoxious. I do want to visit Beto Carrero World. I've heard some good things about that park, and it would be nice to compare it to Hopi Hari.

RFV94 wrote:
What I loved in your trip: You highlighted all the points where Hopi Hari needs to improve, as the slow operations of rides and closed attractions. I was surprised by the compliments paid to the park, since it is in one of its worst crises since 1999, when it was open.

About Montezum, sincerely, I thought you would hate it! Many people here in Brazil do not support her trembling. And Vurang, in my opinion, is one of those rollercoasters that you can go after lunch, just to relax...

Some of the attractions closed, as the Ferris wheel and rainbow wagon-themed are waiting for mechanical parts some time ago (Here, things are really difficult to parks). The area of DC Comics should reopen later this month (hopefully!) and the new roller coaster must have its construction started at the beginning of next year.

Parks here in Brazil do not get many Americans, our international visitors are most latin, like Argentines and Chileans. I'm very happy with your visit, and if you can, come next year or in 2014 - that Schwarzkopf is our most valuable thing and by far, is the best thing we have here! Here it is, our charming Katapul: :b

Dankí (Thank you in Hopi Hari's language) for your attention!

I know people have either a love/hate relationship with Hopi Hari. It really was an average park, which isn't a bad thing at all. It's not nearly as terrible as others I've been to, but at the same time it's definitely not one of the best. It's a good park. I do think the park is going in the right direction. They have a lot to work with, and can really make some great improvements. They seem to be investing a ton of money into the park, and it's looking really good. The Looney Tunes area was nice, and the DC area looks very good as well. It's too bad more wasn't open, but it's totally understandable. I was so sad that the Schwarzkopf wasn't open as I am sure that would have been my favorite ride there. I am very happy that they are taking care of it and the paint job and theming really is amazing! Also, you're description of Vurang is spot on. ;)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:11 pm

HeitorAntunes wrote:Guys, if you saw a little trash on the floor of Hopi Hari (in the pictures of Joey)... tell me. And, according of Joey, north-american teenagers are so terrible than brazilians. So, one person is talk a little bit more here. :lmao:

Mrenata
What's your problem, sweet? A lot of countries has terrible teenagers. And never, I said, NEVER I saw a person on the river of "Rio Bravo", jumping inside the fountains or dancing in Kastel di Lendas (I went in Hopi Hari 10000000 times). I just saw this on YouTube (just in this video that you showed for us). And of course this already happened, like in another's parks in the world. :mickey:

I don't know why you hate much your country. At last is what you show when you talk about. Me and Joey had a great time in Hopi Hari. And we don't saw that you said. I'm sorry. :airtime:

About language of the park, for me (and for more 193 946 886 Brazilians) is soooo fun! My cousins (children's) love this! When we enter in the park, is like we inside in a new world/country, with flag, national anthem, inhabitants... I don't see a problem on this. :b

Please try and keep it civil and no personal attacks. Everyone has a right to their opinion. :)

As for the teenagers. When I was at the park they weren't too terrible. That being said, they are absolutely terrible when they are at WDW.

The language was very odd to me. I understand the idea behind it, and thinks it's a fun idea, but it is extremely confusing. For a lot of Brazilians it's a great thing, especially for those who may not have opportunities to travel, but it can be a bit corny. I could totally see how some people can love it, and some hate it.

It was a fun park, and I did have a fun time. A lot of unique and interesting things, and some areas for improvement.

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby lucazferrazCBMR » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:13 pm

Hey Jray,

nice trip report! It is always good to have a foreign look at our parks.
I really like Hopi Hari and one of the reasons is exactly the resemblance with Six Flags Parks. When they started designing the park, it was supposed to be called "Playcenter Great Adventure" (Playcenter was original owner of Hopi Hari). That was before de whole "new country" theme.
The park CEO is a huge fan of Six Flags and I believe he does all he can to make the park look as much as possible to those. Although the original design was actually based on Paramount King's Island, if I'm not mistaken (Tower Eiffel, anyone?).

About the comments on the brazilian coaster club (I happen to be their president, so I can't just ignore those): Some people get really upset everytime a foreign makes any criticism about Brazil. I believe we're so used to have people believing that we live in tents and ride on the back of apes to go to work that we sometimes over react well-explained comments. Also some of them might have been slightely changed on translation so lost a little of their original meaning.

So please, accept my appologies. I hope that you can come back here by the end of 2013. I would love to join you to ride Hopi Hari's 10 inversion and take you to Beto Carrero World to ride also the Chiller.

Also if you want to talk about brazilian parks, I will be attending to IAAPA next week and I'll definitely love to have a coffe and discuss better your opinion.

All the best, sorry for the long reply,
Lucas

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive