Klaire's Park Adventures- parks seen by eyes of my 5yr old

Fort Jefferson ??FUN?? Park
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
TPR's table shuffleboard pro

Re: Klaire's 2012 Season Adventures

Postby Coastinmiller » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:45 pm

Guess it's time to bring this thread back up from the dead. Haven't really posted anything on this thread in quite a while, but just got back from a fantastic family trip and will post the reports on this thread. If anything it'll be fun to watch Klaire and now Miranda grow up riding rides.

First stop on our trip was Hoffman's Playland. It'll be sad to see this place close. Was a real nice kids park with some awesome scooters (they did glide a bit more than Knoebels', but still landed quite a punch if you could control the glide. It's kind of unfortunate that these skooters are here, b/c the height requirement is 54", so no kids can really ride them and the adults are all here to watch the kids, so (at least when we were here) it's tough to get a good group of people on them. We line watched for a while just to ride with other people.

The park consisted of the roller coaster, train, jolly caterpillar and standard kiddie flats.
037.jpg
038.jpg
Miranda on Carousel.
039.jpg
Klaire and Nicole on the balloons.
040.jpg
041.jpg
043.jpg
045.jpg
046.jpg
047.jpg
051.jpg
052.jpg
053.jpg
054.jpg
477.jpg
478.jpg
479.jpg
481.jpg
483.jpg
484.jpg
485.jpg
486.jpg
487.jpg
490.jpg
491.jpg
492.jpg

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Re: Klaire's 2014 Season Adventures

Postby WFChris » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:54 pm

That's a cute looking family park =) I like that the coaster is not a Wacky Worm or Dragon Coaster.
My MEXICO adventures with TPR and MORE!!!!
TOUCH ME to read along

Re: Klaire's 2014 Season Adventures

Postby Coastinmiller » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:18 am

Next stop on our Northeast tour was Great Escape. Out of all the Six Flags, I really like this one the best, especially with my kids. It has a great assortment of rides for the whole family. Though it does lack some good food options. Really not mot else to say about this park as it has been reviewed many times, so onto the pics.

It great to see them keeping up with the paint job on Demon.
055.jpg

056.jpg

The whole Miller clan got a new credit with Frankie's Mine Train.
057.jpg
058.jpg
060.jpg
061.jpg
062.jpg
063.jpg
066.jpg
067.jpg
068.jpg
069.jpg
070.jpg
071.jpg
073.jpg
Klaire get a new credit on the Apline Bobsled
494.jpg
498.jpg
500.jpg
502.jpg

Re: Klaire's Park Adventures

Postby Coastinmiller » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:09 pm

Our 2nd stop of day 2 was to Magic Forest. I kind of bummed that we didn't spend more time here. I thought this park was a small kid park, but upon navigating the park found a lot of really neat things. We had only 2 hours at the park, but could spent another 2 easily, with the muffler men, diving horse show, old school flats and a really nice train ride. The park also had a bunch of walk through attractions. I would recommend a stop in this park to anyone visiting Great Escape, but plan on spending at least 4 hours here, especially if you have kids. I would love to visit this place again when we're back in the area, considering we missed the drive through safari with what I am assuming is more muffler men animals tucked into the woods.
074.jpg
Entrance to Magic forest is through the house.
075.jpg
Boat ride
076.jpg
Klaire and Nicole will take the front for a new credit for the Miller clan
077.jpg
Miranda and I will ride behind them
078.jpg
Really nice train ride that goes over 2 trestles.
080.jpg
This is one of the trestle's
081.jpg
Crooked House
085.jpg
Old school flat ride
087.jpg
Kiddie whip
089.jpg
090.jpg
The park had a bunch of walk through attractions like these. They were all really neat. This one was themed to animals in christmas
092.jpg
094.jpg
098.jpg
503.jpg
Snow white walk through
504.jpg
505.jpg
506.jpg
507.jpg
508.jpg
509.jpg
510.jpg
511.jpg
514.jpg
Giant slide
516.jpg
517.jpg
518.jpg
520.jpg
Diving horse. My wife missed thehorse though
523.jpg
524.jpg

Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: Klaire's Park Adventures- parks seen by eyes of my 5yr o

Postby booink » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:59 pm

Nice TR so far ! I have been visiting The Great Escape and Lake George for almost 10 years now, and yet I've never stopped at Magic Forest :?r . Would you recommend it to a 16 years old, or is it really more for kids and older visitors won't find much? It sure looks interessing by the photos and descriptions you posted.
Favorites :
Steel : Maverick, Wicked Cyclone, Superman: the ride (SFNE)
Wood : El Toro, Phoenix, Lightning Racers
Total coaster count : 137

Postby Coastinmiller » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:02 am

^ I honestly would say 16 year old might he too old for the park. It really is more geared for a younger audience. Unless he/she likes history and interesting things like muffler men, etc.

Postby Coastinmiller » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:47 pm

After leaving Magic Forest our plan was to head to the town of Lancaster, NH, which should have been a 3 hour ride. The 3 hour ride turned into a 6 hour ride thanks to a faulty oil sensor, the engine kept overheating and I'd have to stop to let it cool down. Thought about bagging the trip and make our way home, but found a dealer close to Funtown in Maine where we would eventually get it fixed. At least this would be the longest stretch that we would have to navigate with our car.
100.jpg

Day 3 of our trip was another 2 parker. It would consist of Santa's Village and Fort Jefferson Fun Park.
105.jpg
Santa's Village. Too many Christmas cards spots to choose from in this park.

One one word is needed to describe Santa's Village: PERFECT. Honestly, IMO, I would rank this as the best kids park in the US. It has a great selection of rides (coaster, shooting dark ride, log flume, a bunch of flats, train and water structure and water slides), very shady with lots of places to sit, friendly staff, slides by the entrance, slides and swings throughout the park, the chance to meet and pet reindeer and a unique activity for the kids called Elfabet University, where the kids would have to hunt down elfs that had letters of the alphabet and get their christmas tree card punched of said letter. After completion of the punch card the kids would return their card and get their diploma.
106.jpg
The Elfabet University

107.jpg
Clues for the kids, was also on the park map.

109.jpg
Miranda getting her card punched.

120.jpg

529.jpg

528.jpg

147.jpg
We found them all!

148.jpg
Diploma time.

The shooting dark ride was a 2 story one, though a bit short was really neat and kid friendly.
530.jpg
Practicing shooting the Humbugs!

110.jpg
Miranda and Nicole shot them all.

The coaster had a nice long train which kept the line short.
134.jpg
Rudy's Rapid Transit

135.jpg

536.jpg

I heard some really good things about this park, but my expectations were blown away. There were just so many things to do with the kids and so many photo opportunities. The pics are a bit jumble, we were using multiple cameras. Anyway onto the rest of the pics:
101.jpg
Slides by the entrance.
114.jpg
Bumper cars. Klaire says I'm a better driver LOL
115.jpg
We all got on the log flume
116.jpg
Some great looking reindeer and a real nice barn for them.
117.jpg
121.jpg
So close to the next level!
122.jpg
Miranda is over the first height requirement level of 36".
124.jpg
Car wash for the cars.
125.jpg
127.jpg
129.jpg
131.jpg
132.jpg
141.jpg
144.jpg
161.jpg
162.jpg
Finished the day with some good ice-cream.
164.jpg
Free ring toss in the reindeer barn.
165.jpg
167.jpg
526.jpg
531.jpg
532.jpg
534.jpg
538.jpg
541.jpg

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Cmbgo12 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:33 pm

Wow, they've cleaned up Santa's Village a lot since I was there... It's almost unrecognizable from what I remember of it! Great trip reports btw, it's really cool to see some of the small parks get some recognition!

One question though, while you're in New Hampshire are you planning to go to Story Land?
Coaster Count- 113 Wood- 23 Steel- 90
Top 5 Steel- Diamondback, Bizarro, I305, Montu, Apollo's Chariot
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Racer, Beast, Grizzly (KD), Swamp Fox (FK), Wildcat (HP)

If Fury 325 ends up being on the same level as Diamondback it may just kill me...

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:12 pm

Santa's Village was one of my first parks. It's an amazing place for kids thanks to the theming and low height requirements.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Dutch Wonderland & Hersheypark- Summer

Postby Coastinmiller » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:50 am

Cmbgo12 wrote:Wow, they've cleaned up Santa's Village a lot since I was there... It's almost unrecognizable from what I remember of it! Great trip reports btw, it's really cool to see some of the small parks get some recognition!

One question though, while you're in New Hampshire are you planning to go to Story Land?

Thanks. Yes, we're going to Story Land. I really liked Wooden Warrior a lot, so I wanted to see if Roar-o-Saurus matched it. I'll have the Photo TR up soon enough. Fort Jefferson Fun Park is next.

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive