Photo TR: Derek goes to Lagoon

and doesn't need to become Mormon to do it!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Location: Cydonia, Mars (originally). Hot f***ing desert of southern Nevada now.

Re: Photo TR: Derek goes to Lagoon

Postby Robocoaster » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:31 am

Great report, and cool pics! I was finally able to make it there in June. Went on a Sat and used the 10 buck "bounce-back" the next day. I can't say it enough, this is an enthusiasts amusement park. The coasters are not top-notch thrill rides, but they are fun. You get a Miller woodie, some Schwartz sweetness, a decent spinner, and Wicked is a gem; love the restraints, which made me feel like I was going to fall out of the ride in a few spots. :)

The classic dark rides, the pioneer village, and those flats. I got my first top scan there, and it was heaven! And those snap-able flyers. And that giant wheel where the cabins spin about made me ill. The rapids ride was a hoot as well. The landscaping is nicely done, and the park actually stays open later than some major chain parks, making for great night rides and great lighting effects. Again, this park is verrrrrry cool.

I posted on FB half way through my first day "Someone please tell me why it took so long for me to visit Lagoon!!!", because I meant it. I MUST return. With so many people commenting that they would like to go, but not sure about the logistics, it sounds like a job for TPR...

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby dj snow » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:49 am

Lagoon is really quite easy to reach from many places in the West, thanks to the magic of air travel.

Most major cities in the West have nonstop service on Southwest, and Delta operates a hub there, so that covers a number of other cities as well. I actually once did a day-trip there via Southwest from Phoenix, and it worked quite nicely! (There's a TR on here somewhere.)

All this is a long way of saying: if you live in the West, quit making excuses and just go to this park already! It really is nice, and it's easier to reach than you think. (And great TR, Derek!)

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Location: Cydonia, Mars (originally). Hot f***ing desert of southern Nevada now.

Postby Robocoaster » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:32 pm

While not officially announced yet, Lagoon had added a place on their park map (online) for "Air Race, new in 2012".

Like I needed a reason to return to what I already consider flat-ride heaven! :b

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:54 pm

I'm gonna be at Lagoon on Monday (7-28) and I'm glad I happened across this report. You enlightened me to Bruges Waffles & Frites, Crown Burger, and Wicked's single rider line. Awesome.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

Previous

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive