TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR - Mr Q-Bot Discovers Atlantis

This past Saturday I finally made the trip up to Legoland Windsor to check out their brand new worlds first attraction "Atlantis Submarine Voyage". Of course no trip to Legoland is complete without being accompioned Mr Q-Bot himself. Now me and Mr Q-Bot were having an amazing time at Legoland so I forgot to take lots of pictures, but I did however take a full POV of the ride including full POV of the info screen inside the ride itself and looking out of the submarine into the main fish tanks themselves.

Check out the video below of this worlds FIRST attraction and of course check out Mr Q-Bot outside Atlantis. Also check out progress of the brand new Legoland Hotel opening next year.

-Craig

[coastertube]http://www.themeparkreview.com/coastertube/play.php?vid=Atlantis_yx0p[/coastertube]

1.jpg.91824c65827d3520c693e94881492c58.jpg

Hello I'm Mr Q-Bot and I am going to discover Atlantis.

3.jpg.a1f36a330b2c2ac86624a6fd20414265.jpg

To do this I am going to use a S.Q.U.I.Dmarine.

4.jpg.759edb78aafc47a90ea9c96f3ccd699f.jpg

Maybe this is some sort of directions?

5.jpg.6ddb71c80a893277db8b8f5c431a582e.jpg

OH NOOOO hes eating me! I hope when he poops me out I will still be in one peice.

6.jpg.9c8721f07f01b02a2877ad59c067933d.jpg

Ha ha ive discovered Atlantis. Now you should too by watching the POV.

8.jpg.e7abead44d683ac690304217327af436.jpg

Now time to take a look at hotel construction.

9.jpg.e0a04022d3b2530c2990839d60ecbb18.jpg

Good to see someone is keeping a close eye on construction.

12.jpg.29c0939bef98bf680c31837448b182f1.jpg

Concept art. Hotel fanboys just soiled their pants.

14.jpg.5ae01d470505ffb48df654195aee0fbd.jpg

Look like work will start on the roof very soon.

15.jpg.9525c9e0f60409eacef8466c5ef73185.jpg

Trust me from personal experiance. Falling of scaffholding SUCKS!

18.jpg.0a89bdb6472efca9ad3b8c9d6644ef84.jpg

This is one of the many hard workers making sure the hotel gets done in time.

17.jpg.e7d18d380c6dabf7e2a6fc6a9b0dc020.jpg

Keep out until 2012!

Hope you enjoyed this update and the POV. I will post my own thoughts on the new ride very soon so stay tuned.

253933_2130678151261_1375214655_2500852_5513762_n.jpg.ef6641af7ab1164f0a21feca3df0fddc.jpg

Edit: Cant forget this pic of me rapeing Mr Q-Bot

Edited by StealthFan

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This theme park is the pits.

Purchased a premium annual pass for each of our family members at great cost!!

On each of our two visits, the queues have been so long we were waiting often an hour plus per ride!!

Trying to entertain youngs kids in the queue for this long and in hot weather is not my idea of fun.

The staff (and legoland in general) are totally clueless on how to reduce queues quickly and they are so de-motivated its untrue. i.e. letting one or two persons on a carriage that can sit half a dozen or so, talking to people who have got a Q-bot pass but dont know how to work them, whilst the rides remain stationary.

Having been to USA on few occasions legoland could learn a lot from them on how to quickly get people on rides and keep the queueing down.

So if money is not an issue buy the Q-bot at even more expense!!!

Alternatively save yourself loads of money and take your children to the coast or countryside, its free!!!

You will spend better quality time with your kids away from this dreadful concrete jungle!!

On each of our two visits, the queues have been so long we were waiting often an hour plus per ride!!

Trying to entertain youngs kids in the queue for this long and in hot weather is not my idea of fun.

The staff (and legoland in general) are totally clueless on how to reduce queues quickly and they are so de-motivated its untrue. i.e. letting one or two persons on a carriage that can sit half a dozen or so, talking to people who have got a Q-bot pass but dont know how to work them, whilst the rides remain stationary.

Having been to USA on few occasions legoland could learn a lot from them on how to quickly get people on rides and keep the queueing down.

Alternatively save yourself loads of money and take your children to the coast or countryside, its free!!!

You will spend better quality time with your kids away from this dreadful concrete jungle!!

Did you really need to post the same thing twice??

You have obviously had very bad experiences at the park. I on the other hand personally cant agree with any off that from me previous visits. All the staff have been extremely friendly to all guests, really can do anything to help you. Their loading is by far better then any other Merlin park and I didn't see a single train/ boat etc leave that wasn't full.

Now saying all that I will not be renewing my current Merlin Annual Pass when it expires because as a whole I think the quality of Merlin parks and the care they take in them is starting to drop significantly. I find myself continually frustrated with the state of the parks and quality of staff interaction. (Legoland I personally think has the best staff). Also with the recent price increase I just cant justify spending that sort of money.

-Craig