Chadster's Vacation Adventures: Final Edition!

2/2/13 - Sea World Orlando!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Someday, I hope to find my own Indiana Jones.

Re: Chadster's 2011 Trip Diary - Coors Brewery Tour Pg 18

Postby Jojo19799 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:00 am

^I've always wanted to do a beer tour. Any chance you may have time to do a tour of Miller when you're in town? I know it might not be the best, but it's a beer tour, and you do get FREE beer!

The Pony Express can't find my teepee

Postby chadster » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:51 pm

Hmmmm, I'll check into that! Maybe go midday on Sunday to get away from the crowds at SFGA?

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby PAL » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:34 pm

You're headed to SFGA next! We're there now (well, in a few hours).

I loved that Coors brewery tour when I took it at least 10 years back. It appears little has changed, and I think that's great. Although I don't care much for the company's main line, once in a while I tip back a Killians. Anywho, if it's free I'll take three! No beer could be finer.

Postby chadster » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:06 pm

FREE BEER! You're the lucky one on SFGA getting to ride Iron Wolf before it leaves, I'll just miss it. I'll have your Lakeside wish granted on Monday!

And if you want a wish granted, check out the list and let me know!

Random Ranter

Postby kenshinmac » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:29 pm

Kinda bummed that when Colorado you seem to only have gone to Coors? I know it is one of the biggest in the state (not sure if it is bigger than the AB plant in Fort Collins) but you could have sampled one of the many many smaller breweries. (BTW New Belgium in Fort Collins provides 3 samples in the sampling room and 5-6 samples if you go on the free tour!)

I am curious what did you think of Lakeside? Also how easy is the credit whoring around Denver? I still haven't tried to get the credits outside of Lakeside and Elitch Gardens.

Postby chadster » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:53 pm

^ I did hit up Rock Bottom in Downtown Denver and had their chocolate beer, quite tasty!

As far as getting the other credits, honestly I could have done everything in one day if I just whored it out. With Elitch closing at 9pm and Lakeside closing at 11pm, it would have been totally doable. Basically had I known then what I know now I would start out at Santa's Workshop at the 10am opening, 90 minutes max if you ride the flats and walk around, next I would hit up the flea market, in and out in less than 30 minutes, quick drive the Heritage Square, maybe 30 minutes for both coasters and another 30 for the Alpine Slide. At that point, it should be about 4pm, hit Elitch for 4 hours, quick 10 minute drive to Lakeside and close out the night.

I actually really liked Lakeside, the nostalgia, the ride signs, it all just fit. I hope they don't change.

Next time I'm in town, and there will be a next time, I'll hit up the Fort Collins Tour!

Random Ranter

Postby kenshinmac » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:27 pm

I need to go to Rock Bottom again... It has been a while since I visited one of them.

If you really love beers you probably would have to spread it out over a few days in CO. I think Fort Collins alone is up to like 7 or 8 breweries. Then there are several between Fort Collins and Denver as well. I think a lot of them charge for samples but there are a lot of great beers. If you want to check out a distillery the very young Dancing Pines Distillery in Loveland was really friendly and gave (obviously small) samples of all their wares (really good stuff).

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby disneyfan1313 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:52 pm

Cool to see the tour! I remember doing the Busch Gardens brewery tour in Tampa years ago. What is Coors "banquet" and how is it different from normal Coors?

Postby chadster » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:22 pm

^ It's actually the same as regular Coors but in a fancy package. It sounds safisticated tho doesn't it?

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby Chrisrad » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:21 pm

Wow, despite their top beers tasting like, umm.. :wtf:

What I meant to say was: "Yay, you went to the Blue Moon/Killians factory!" (those are the only beers I saw)

Looked like a pretty cool tour! Thanks for sharing.

And no Fat Tire tour? :lol:
Chris #10
2011 Northeast & Cedar Point Trips
Maverick > Millennium Force

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive