Photo TR: Hanno joins the Middle America Trip

Day 11 Valleyfair added to page 15
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
I know EXACTLY where my passport is!

Re: Photo TR: Hanno joins the Middle America Trip

Postby TPDave » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:07 pm

Ha! Amazing update Hanno!!

I love that you caught my master plan to get someone to attack Lou, it worked perfectly :P

EI can't get across how fun City Museum was, I basically just reverted to being (even more of) a child for three hours and I sooo want to do t again soon :D

Dave

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby saginawhxc » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:10 pm

This update just reminded me that I lost ALL of my City Museum pictures when I lost my camera later that same trip. :(

Being there with TPR in 110 degree weather was amazing and I'm pretty sure I almost died.

Thank you for posting this. This possibly made my day.

Guaranteed Fresh or Your Money Back!

Postby dandaman » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:14 pm

Milliseconds after Chuck reverts to the unadulterated terror that was his high school gym class.

This title is RUBBISH!

Postby Mike Austin » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:15 pm

All I really remember from this day is heat, sweat and screwed-up metal climbing structures!
If it weren't for Elissa and Robb selling the bottles of water, I think I would have fainted!

Crazy day! :P

Eh, at least I'm not a Jew!

Postby Dan » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:18 pm

SharkTums wrote:Image
Even though I'm failing miserably, I just look so happy and so does Dan taking joy in my misery!!!!

Mwah? Taking pleasure in your misery?? :b :lmao: :b Monte Blanc Tunnel watch your speed BP I lost my rail pass BUFFFFFFET!!

You've had some pretty epic falls in the past... our first visit to Farup comes to mind! But The City Museum was just PURE UNADULTERATED FUN. I cannot think of any other words to describe it. And what's frightening is Hanno's photos probably only captured about half of that place!!

Great TR, Señor Hanno!
-Dan
"Life is an astounding journey"

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby odene497 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:58 pm

God this place was incredible. I'd probably rather go back there than like half of the parks on the trip! Just the most screwed up place ever. It's like as soon as you walk in you simply can't take it all in and just run around screaming. At least that's pretty much what I did. These pictures are excellent! Definitely have to return someday...

FIRE HAIRED BOY

Postby krazekiddd » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:56 pm

^I just don't think I could go back with my regular friends... I'd have to go with TPR peeps to the City Museum. I miss it.

2007 TPR MidWest Tour | 2008 TPR East Coast Tour |2009 TPR West Coast Tour | 2010 TPR USA Trips | 2011 TPR Tokyo | 2012 Europe Trip

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby KCForce » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:20 pm

I had never heard of City Museum until I saw it on the original trip report several weeks ago. We live in KC and have season passes to SFSL and went to go to SFSL October 9th. I had reservations about going on a Saturday. It was very crowded and we got one ride on EK (20 minute wait) and Mr. Freeze (30 minute wait). I'm spoiled, I admit it. We usually go on weekdays when it's not busy and wait maybe 5 minutes for most things or walk on. I suggested we go instead to City Museum.

This place is off the hook crazy and fun. We're 43 and 42 and we had one of the BEST times ever. There were a lot of people there, but you didn't have to really wait to do anything. We also got the roof pass (it's 5 something dollars extra) and totally worth it. What I want to know is WHO broke the rope swing on the roof? (and by WHO I'm convinced it happened when the TPR group passed through. A staffer said it happened about 2 or 3 weeks before, which if I did my math correctly places you all there. :cry: ) I'm terrified of heights - go figure, I'll ride a 400 ft tall coaster. I went through the entire Monstro City outside, it was by far the most terrifying, yet fun thing I think I've ever done non-coaster wise. I freaked quite a bit going through the highest point out there. And the bus off the roof was unsettling, but cool too. The Cave Slide is fun, but the "Praying Mantis" slide on the roof is my favorite. It goes so much faster than any of the others. Seriously, if you go to St. Louis, there are 3 things to do if you haven't been before: Six Flags, The Gateway Arch and City Museum! Don't miss it.

Thanks posters for letting me know about this treasure. Peace! KC

FIRE HAIRED BOY

Postby krazekiddd » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:08 pm

^Yeah it's pretty amazing. I really wish someone had bubble wrap to put me in for great photos.

KCForce wrote:What I want to know is WHO broke the rope swing on the roof? (and by WHO I'm convinced it happened when the TPR group passed through. A staffer said it happened about 2 or 3 weeks before, which if I did my math correctly places you all there. :cry: )

Math is wrong. 2-3 weeks before Oct 9th would still put it a month after we were there. ;)

2007 TPR MidWest Tour | 2008 TPR East Coast Tour |2009 TPR West Coast Tour | 2010 TPR USA Trips | 2011 TPR Tokyo | 2012 Europe Trip

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alilstronger » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:14 am

This place looks amazing! A trip there will be in my future.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive