TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New 2011: Rainbow Magicland Themepark (near Rome - Italy)

Ledgy

Hi,

I Have heard some rumors about of this park: Rainbow Magicland in Valmonone near Rome / Italy.

It´s scheduled to open in 2011 and will get two Maurer & Söhne Coasters (1 Spinning / 1 X-Car launched coaster) and 2 more coasters - A family coaster and a mine train. Rcdb.com has listed this park, too. (here)

Here you can find the homepage of the park:

www.rainbowmagicland.it/index.asp

and a english pdf (here)

The ground work has just begun and I found some pictures of the construction area on italian sites.

Maurer & Söhne says the spinning coaster starts construction soon on their site. (here) and mentioned their 2 coasters in their last magazine on site 3 (here)

I guess and hope we have some Italian members, who will add more informations about the progress and so that we all can get more information.

Just want to start the discussion about that park, since I didn´t find anything in the forum until now.

EDIT:

Let´s have a look on the pictures published in the pdf of the park´s homepage:

Unbenannt0.jpg.22a225c8c54101a258e21b63a7a50d3d.jpg

Unbenannt1.jpg.e24821dce64bf29ad8dc1bce15a839dd.jpg

Unbenannt2.jpg.6e1f8e2c7d73fe74a29df580dd36f7d6.jpg

Unbenannt3.jpg.837f5cdc9d42418b09be4b0e76802242.jpg

Unbenannt4.jpg.9951db368c6c1e539faf69b0e222cff0.jpg

Unbenannt5.jpg.bb70633a09a7464aa3b763072d4220fd.jpg

Unbenannt6.jpg.5ea95ba655273fd98ed361454bafd735.jpg

Unbenannt7.jpg.beed30b5433ffc205c24eeed806a190b.jpg

Unbenannt8.jpg.3bcd669fca4cfd49b131bf36f19e31bf.jpg

Unbenannt9.jpg.bb55a77406e58b15bced0f226cd28521.jpg

Unbenannt10.jpg.6cd050badba01ee30c8438aa9bda6c37.jpg

Unbenannt11.jpg.9c3ffa806ff3f6c51c968d146ff89c01.jpg

Unbenannt12.jpg.508667443f096174f61ec40602bf0cd1.jpg

Unbenannt13.jpg.ba34d26d6930a4c8e148021a06fb1fe3.jpg

Unbenannt14.jpg.61dbdc55dddf80463af837d30d459ae3.jpg

Unbenannt15.jpg.64ac018571ce669fffa9a4f43b1dccd7.jpg

Edited by SharkTums

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
Maurer & Söhne say the spinning coaster starts operation soon on their site. (here) and mentioned their 2 coasters in their last magazine on site 3 (here)

This is a quote of the magazine site:

630352541_RainbowMagicland.jpg.100bfa6001e0c6738c26275e8fa27b08.jpg

Munich, Rome. Starting in 2011, rain or shine, visitors to a new Theme Park in Valmontone

near Rome will be able to enjoy two of Maurer Söhne’s roller coasters. The Munich roller

coaster manufacturer will demonstrate its capabilities with two roller coasters: Outdoors

with a big X-Car launch coaster and indoors with an imaginative spinning coaster.

Launch Coaster Outdoor

• - Type: X-Car launch coaster
    - Capacity: 1,000 pph
    - Track Length: 750 m
    - Height: 35 m
    - Max Speed: 95 km/h
    - Ride Duration: 80 sec
    - Number of Cars: 5
    - Acceleration: LSM at 0.8 g

Spinning Coaster Indoor

• - Type: spinning coaster
    - Capacity: 850 pph
    - Track Length: 430 m
    - Height: 17 m
    - Max. Speed: 58 km/h
    - Ride Duration: 75 sec
    - Number of Cars: 7

In the vicinity of Rome, a completely new amusement park is currently under construction, the Rainbow Park with an investment volume of nearly 200 million.

The two Maurer coasters are part of stage 2; scheduled to open to the public in 2011.

Full speed ahead with rocket power

• “Piano, piano”, Italian for slow or quiet, will be experienced on the launch coaster only at the beginning: After a slow start
    section, the LSM launch accelerates the vehicles to a heady 95 km/h; and then – typical for Maurer coasters – further attractions follow without interruption. A camelback with three seconds of air time leaves passengers breathless; and it takes a cool head to enjoy the view of the lake from a 35-m non-inversion loop right over the sparkling water. A helix and
    finally a heart roll show Italian temperament. At 750 meters, the coaster will be one of the largest of its kind. The five
    individual X-Cars with their maneuverability and a safety system without shoulder bars make this ride experience in the
    sunny south a real pleasure.

Spinning with an outdoor excursion

• The curvy spinning coaster will make sure that indoor passengers have fun through a slight disorientation .The sightseeing
    highlight on the 430-m stretch is a trip on a panorama curve leading out of the hall into the outdoors. However, two lifts
    provide an extra kick on the ride: the first one just after leaving the station; the second shortly before returning to the station. What lies in between is almost Maurer tradition - an extremely narrow and curvaceous layout, which repeatedly
    turns passengers in every direction in the seven spinning cars.

Both layouts are delivered by Maurer Söhne as turnkey systems; i.e. including

transport, and on-time construction.

Actual Newsletter of Mauere & Söhne (July 10):

Maurer Spinning Coaster in Italy to start Operation soon

• Presently a brand new amusement park “The Rainbow Magic Land” is being developed close to Rome with a capital expenditure of almost 200 million Euros. End of 2008 Alfa3 ordered a X-Car Launch Coaster and a Spinning Coaster from Maurer Söhne. The SC3000 is an indoor coaster with a base area of 40 x 60 m.
    The Spinning Coaster will go into operation at the beginning of July 2010 as scheduled and will then be handed over to the customer as “ready for testing”. The SC should start up for the park opening which is scheduled for spring 2011 with seven S-Cars and a capacity of 850 pph.

Spinning Coaster with a trip outdoors

• The twisty Spinning Coaster indoor will make surely the passengers will surely become disoriented. The sightseeing highlight on the 430 m long track is the trip on a panorama curve outside the hall. But two lifts are responsible for the extra kick: the first one is located soon after the station, the second one shortly before returning into the station. What is in between is typical Maurer: an extremely narrow and twisty layout which turns the passengers in the seven cars in all directions again and again.

Unbenannt0.jpg.99829eee9730c59cfd6869809a732b26.jpg

Unbenannt1.jpg.6d563ed738eb9534687ac31d6d388aa5.jpg

Unbenannt2.thumb.jpg.69852feb23d37dc07e1d58ed564e93be.jpg

Unbenannt3.jpg.7d1e404c1c5194c9af8806c72b668640.jpg

Designing purposes. Parks have pictures drawn up and photoshopped together so that prospective investors can get an idea of what to expect if and when the park opens. So the picture may show an SLC, but it's just an idea. They could replace it with an actual B&M invert.

Designing purposes. Parks have pictures drawn up and photoshopped together so that prospective investors can get an idea of what to expect if and when the park opens. So the picture may show an SLC, but it's just an idea. They could replace it with an actual B&M invert.

I know WHY they are using another coaster, its just to make a visual impression, I know that much! I actually think that EVERY ONE in this forum know is..

But they could have used one more simular like RRR at USF! Using a B&M would't be better at all, use a Mauer Söhne...

(Chosing a SLC is like me thinking, hmm do I need my thumb?)

Sorry if I sound mean, but... yeah, but...

Yes, that are only concept artworks. Don´t really now, why they took a Vekoma SLC, another reason could be that their first vision was to put one in the park... their artworks are from the start of their vision. It took years after they really start the construction. In this time many things changed, I guess (like you can see a B&M Inverted Coaster in the background, too).

Some more informations I found in the web:

Rainbow Magicland is a new theme park in construction at Valmontone town, near Rome. It will extend over an area of approximately 600,000 sq.m. and will be divided into 6 themed areas. At the opening, scheduled for April 2011, the park will offer to its guests 35 attractions of various kinds, at least 3 of these will be unique in Europe. The total investment for the theme park is around 300 million euros and, when fully implemented, it would offer employment to approximately 2,000 people (1200 direct employment of whom, selection and training, is in cooperation with the Lazio region). Rainbow MagicLand will remain open 10 months a year.

The numbers of the Rainbow MagicLand theme park

• Total area: 600.000 sq.m.
    Opening: April 2011.
    Investment: 300 million of Euros.
    Parking: 5.500 car places.
    Visitors forecasted: 3 millions per year.
    Number of Attractions: 35
    Number of Theaters: 3
    Number of Bars and Restaurants: 28

Main Attractions

• Launched Coaster (Maurer Sohne)
    Indoor Spinning Coaster (Maurer Sohne)
    Free Fall Tower
    Cinema 4D
    Dark Ride Interactive
    Dark Ride Suspended
    Diskò Coaster (Zamperla)
    Family Coaster (Vekoma)
    Mine Train Coaster (Vekoma)
    Mad House
    Flying Island
    Spillwater
    Raft Ride
    3 theaters

Outlet Fashion District + Theme Park + Hotels complex

The Integrated Tourism Center of Valmontone Rome is one of the most important multinational operation in Europe in the entertainment sector and will be cover a total area of 1,500,000 square meters.

The Integrated Tourism Center include:

• - Outlet Fashion District

- Theme park Rainbow MagicLand (600.000 sq.m.)

- Resort with many hotels, golf club and swimming pools

The total investment is 500 million of Euros and, from 2012, it will offer employment for 4.000 people.

Source: Parchionline.it

I know WHY they are using another coaster, its just to make a visual impression, I know that much! I actually think that EVERY ONE in this forum know is..

Then why did you ask,

So.. this might be a stupid question, but why do they show a SLC when they aren't getting one...?

Just sayin'.

Choosing to ride an SLC is like me thinking "hmm do I like not having a headache today?"

No worries bro. I forgot the law of the internet that is when I reply to a post of yours with politeness answering what you asked, it's just as polite for the OP to turn around and be a jerk.

But they could have used one more simular like RRR at USF! Using a B&M would't be better at all, use a Mauer Söhne...

No, you don't sound mean, you sound like a jerk. You asked a question and FoxyRoxy answered it.

We have a thread about a new park here and don't need to derail it with stupid banter. If anyone wants to have stupid banter do it somewhere else.

Holger - thank you for the updates, translated from Italian to German to English. We know you are doing your best to put everything in English and appreciate any news you can provide.

Edited by larrygator

Oh yesss...!

I have to say I´m totally impressed, too. Looks like they will start on a very high level...theming and coasterwise.

And I was surprised cause I didn`t know anything about it and now the`re already sooo far with building this. GREAT !

Greeds...GeorgeT

Looks awesome! Is it just me or does that non-inverting loop look different than the one on HRRR at Universal?

To me it looks like instead of turning outside of itself, it turns inside of itself. Like how HRRR turns right and then left (or left then right, I don't know, I haven't payed attention) this one turns right then right a.k.a. turning into itself.

But this park looks really cool! I keep telling myself that if I ever go back to Italy I have to go to some parks there, and this is just another reason to go back!

^

After I read thru it all.... my thought exactly!

Great posting of all the information and photos, Holger.

Looks like a really interesting park they're putting together, there.