Photo TR: Worlds of Fun - Opening Weekend

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
This button makes my penis erect.

Re: Photo TR: Worlds of Fun - Opening Weekend

Postby DJeXeL » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:42 pm

Phenomenal Pictures! Thanks for posting
- Insane In The Lift Chain -

"You shut your mouth when you talk to me"

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby PhantomNick » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:26 pm

Wow, those are some superb pictures! Thank you very much for sharing them. Worlds of Fun looks like a really fun park that I would definitely like to check out someday. Drove past it once on a work trip, but that's as close as I've gotten. Patriot looks fantastic! Again, very nicely done!!
I would rather be off riding coasters!

Steel Top 5 - (1) Steel Vengeance (2) Skyrush (3) Fury 325 (4) Millennium Force (5-tie) Phantom's Revenge (5-tie) Maverick
Wood Top 5 - (1) El Toro (2) Phoenix (3) Voyage (4) Ravine Flyer II (5) Shivering Timbers

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby John Peck » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:18 pm

Very nice! I love your composition.

One of the better Photo TR's on here. You should shoot flat rides, too.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Nosferatu » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:59 am

jimths08 wrote:Nosferatu, thanks! I shoot with a Nikon D40 18-55mm and 55-200mm lenses. Both are super cheap and slow :?r I shoot in RAW and then edit to taste. Glad you enjoyed them!

Well that is an really awesome camera compared to its price! But if you get the money, I can really recommend buying a better one :) I recently bought a D90, and it is awesome. Its incredibly fast, and I haven't regretted it a bit. Still, it cost quite a lot (I bought it a bit cheaper here in Singapore). And the editing turned out pretty good in those shots. I like the colors in most of them :) Anyways, its not the camera but the photographer that influence the quality the most ;) Great pictures, looking forward to your next report!

The Future Mrs. Big Mike!

Postby Pirouettes907 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:01 am

I agree with everyone else; you are really quite good at photography. Your pictures are all so clear and very well framed--and the track close-ups appealed to my nerdiness, so extra kudos! I also love the close-up shots of people's faces; you never know what priceless expressions you'll capture.

Thanks for sharing these! They're really convincing me that I should make that drive out to Kansas City this summer.

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby Capitalize » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:12 am

Just to echo others' thoughts - awesome pictures! Really impressive.

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby jimths08 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:31 am

Nosferatu wrote:Well that is an really awesome camera compared to its price! But if you get the money, I can really recommend buying a better one :) I recently bought a D90, and it is awesome. Its incredibly fast, and I haven't regretted it a bit. Still, it cost quite a lot (I bought it a bit cheaper here in Singapore). And the editing turned out pretty good in those shots. I like the colors in most of them :) Anyways, its not the camera but the photographer that influence the quality the most ;) Great pictures, looking forward to your next report!

The D90 is great! I'm definitely glad I made the switch to SLR a couple years back. It's really been a lot of fun to experiment with all the different options available. I'm actually looking to buy a Canon 7D and 5DMarkII this winter. My mother and I shoot wedding videos ( www.capturesinframes.com ) on the side and we're really interested in the video capabilities in the new SLRs.

You're absolutely right about the skill set required by the photographer. An SLR is simply a fancy point and shoot until you go into manual mode and begin to understand what exposure, shutter speed, f-stop, and ISO really mean. I've seen photographers do stunning work with nothing more than a disposable camera. I don't mean to toot my horn at all here. People are always surprised when I tell them I shoot wedding videos with a cheap Sony consumer camcorder. Again though, as long as you understand what is going on inside the camera you can really make a photo/video shine in editing.

Again though, thanks for the kind comments! I loved shooting Patriot, the colors are great. I can't get over how curvy those damn B&Ms are! They're like one big transition for the entire circuit. =)

Previous

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive