Photo TR: Elitch Gardens

Gay Day 2008 6/23/08
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Can I park my donkey here?

Postby jtizzle » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:49 pm

I definantly agree that Elitch Gardens needs it's own signature ride beside Twister II. It'll draw more crowds.

I know it closed last year, but I can't find a specific date. I'm not really sure why they closed it... despite the Volares apparently being painful, people really ate up the flying gimmick and it was one of the more popular rides. The only coasters Elitch Gardens could replace it with would be a Wild Mouse or a compact family coaster. Maybe a dark ride could be in store for the area where flying coaster is.

That space could be used for some good use now. It'll be exciting to see what they come up with. But they are already building a dark ride in the Mind Eraser area (see picture). So I think management has good intentions.

So it's not just a clever name, eh?

Yay for rapids shot anyway, and thank you. You done good!

Thanks for the kudos and your welcome for the rapids pics. Next time I go I'll have to take more. If only they'd filter out the water the name wouldn't be so clever... smelled like a cross of powdered donuts and sea weed. :?r

X is the best. Tatsu sucks.

Postby smartestcoasterkidever! » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:16 am

This will probably never happen, but when I was at Elitch's last October, me and my dad were saying they should take out flying coaster and put in a signature coaster. I thought that area could be used for a station, and the coaster could go over the parking lot, there are islands there for supports, and also through the park. It won't happen, but it would be nice =) and it would give the park a good ride.

AWESOME-O-SAURUS!!!

Postby Homer » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:50 am

I hope Flying Coaster is moved to a scrapyard, because that could easily be one of the worst steel coasters I've been on.

Anyways, haven't been over to Elitch's since 2006 and looks like the place hasn't really changed except for the management. Good TR though.
-My butt has touched 112 roller coasters, how unfortunate.

Previous

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive