The Official "TPR Europe Trip 2008" Thread!

Disneyland Paris Part 2 Posted! Check Page 1
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:41 pm

It was pretty sad, Walygator Park was.

After a number of us had done the credits, found out the topple tower was not operating (as well as several other rides in the park), we started looking around for something, ANYthing that was open for food.

And we missed the waffle stand, which (sounds like it) would have sure been better than the half-open sitdown place some of us eventually settled for.

And after sitting down, we then found out most of the kitchen was closed down (WTF?), so all we could get were... salads. Thankfully, they could come up with meat (i.e chicken) on a salad, so that's what I settled for. Still....

:x

And then of course, fate had one more kick in store for me, and I left my reading glasses and a hankerchief at that "restaurant." And I didn't discover what had happened, until we were at the Disney Resort. Grrrrr.

Missed the walk-through Haunted House, too.

:(
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

My Mini Cooper > My User Name

Postby dammie16@vt.edu » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:06 pm

I just noticed Walygator added to all future TPR trips, the brainwashing is true!!

But seriously that was a great story for the captions.

Great TR!

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:07 pm

The waffles and walk-through haunted house were both top notch. However, the next best thing at the park was the Wacky Worm.

But as Ginzo said it was 100% better than spending 2 hours at a rest area on the highway.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Théo the little french » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:08 am

ginzo wrote:The point of the stop was to break up the long drive from Europa Park to Disneyland Paris. A rest stop with credits beats a rest stop without credits. Walibi Rhône-Alpes is way out of the way we were going. Besides, many people on the tour really enjoyed the walk through attraction at Walygator Parc. I regret missing out on that!

Woops^^ I always forget Walygator is in the north, and not suposed to be in the south lol

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby totoro1981 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:58 am

could walygator be the inofficial "lost" theme park??? a crashed plane, signs of giants and mutant freaks, nobody caring about the people there, mysterious stuff going on... maybe j.j.abrams shoul consider a lawsuit ;-)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Moose » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:24 am

The haunted walk through was amazing considering the rest of the park. I screamed so loudly at one point that the actor asked if I was ok. Shane then proceeded to hold onto my shirt so I would protect him.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby coaster05 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:26 am

moose wrote:The haunted walk through was amazing considering the rest of the park. I screamed so loudly at one point that the actor asked if I was ok. Shane then proceeded to hold onto my shirt so I would protect him.

That was an excellent haunted house attraction. Shame it was trapped in that park.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Ryancrash » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:39 am

larrygator wrote:The waffles and walk-through haunted house were both top notch. However, the next best thing at the park was the Wacky Worm.

I thought Le Comet Space was surprisingly decent, and I had fun on the drop tower as well. I'd have to rank both these higher than the Wacky Worm (although the Wacky Worm certainly had its charms).

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby ELZ » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:17 pm

its such a shame I was in mixed thoughts before we got there becuase id heard good and bad things about the place, but its hard to say i wasnt disappointed by it. The rapids ride was decent, but the place was abandoned and it just seemed like a place that was being left to die
such a shame for a place that could have been full of life.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby RocknGuitar » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:55 pm

Ha, great report. That park looks like a fine park at parts, but then ghetto at others! What is with that?

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive