Photo TR: Fahrenheit Opening Day

Farhenheit photos page 3. Other HP photos page 8.
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
SWF looking for dorky overweight coaster enthusiast to sweep me off my feet.

Postby natatomic » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:11 pm

griffon wrote:I had to tell you that your Fahrenheit pictures on pg 3 really threw me off when I got to the park last weekend. I was expecting a bright red coaster much like the pictures that you took, but surprisingly it was much more of an orange coaster in reality... I noticed some of my pictures came out red too, and I had to do some color adjusting. Or maybe I'm just color blind and didn't realize it, who knows. Great pictures and report though!

Yeah, it seemed like in all of my photos the color of the track looked completely different, depending on the angle and position of the sun when I took the pictures. Notice how drastically the colors change from one picture to the other (photos #5 and #6 for example) - I didn't do that! They just came out that way. Now that you mention it, I probably should have gone through the photos and tried to add a bit more orange for some of them, because the track definitely looks fire-engine red in a few shots.

At the same time, I don't remember the track being anywhere near the level of orange that came out in your photo, either. Take one of my pictures where the track looks red, take your picture with the track looking orange, mix the two together, and that's probably close to the actual color. I think that the track is really just your basic red-orange, with maybe a slight favor to the latter.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby downunder » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:12 pm

I still can't get over the brightness of the colours you get in those photos, I gotta learn how to use my camera or go back to a Nikon.

As far as marriage goes, personally I'd blow off Disney for one of those drive through weddings in Vegas, you don't even have to get out of your car, but I'd definitely want to honeymoon at Cedar Point. But somehow I think I'll get railroaded into a conventional wedding day and no coaster credits on the honeymoon, such is non-enthusiast girls.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby coasterbilly » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:27 pm

well finally #3 opened here in the northeast and most likely the best one! Awesome report, this makes me even more excited to head back to school in August to get me to Hershey and see how this coaster is, I personally loved Maverick but this one looks to be much more enjoyable!

Frissbeking

Postby Frissbeking » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:31 pm

coasterbilly wrote:I personally loved Maverick but this one looks to be much more enjoyable!

Comparing the two is like comparing rain to snow. They have small similarities but are totally different. Maverick is more "out of control" and all about changing direction. It's also a launched coaster, don't forget. Fahrenheit is a very compact multi-looper. The only similarities I see are that it's made by Intamin and the trains are short.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby coasterking2981 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:34 am

Nice pictures! Makes me wish we had a clone here in California :lolr:

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby virginiansasquach » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:27 pm

Nice pics but i got to ask. That ikea near dc wouldn't have to be towards the south by potomac mills mall would it?

SWF looking for dorky overweight coaster enthusiast to sweep me off my feet.

Postby natatomic » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:36 pm

^Yep, that's the one.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby STR8FXXXINEDGE » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:51 pm

Such an awesome TR, Natalie!

Your photos are amazing!
I've tried a ton of times to get some good pics of Lightning Racer, as it's one of my favorite woodies as well, but to no avail. I really want a sweet pic of LR that I can use as a desktop BG.

Roller Soaker is also a credit that I have passed up because I HATE walking around in wet clothes/shoes! It's kind of a heart breaker to have to pass up such an easy credit, but I think it's worth not getting soaked!

P.S. I flippin LOVE IKEA!

Take pictures of my feet

Postby nay » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:23 pm

Very nice TR! I avoided reading too much about Fahrenheit before I rode it last week, and now I'm happy to finally read such an enjoyable report on it. Your photos are excellent, too.

Mullets never go out of style!

Postby TheRapidsNerd » Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:36 am

You've done well with the pictures and the captions are fun to read. =) FH, SR, and Boardwalk are among my faves.

The Potomac Mills Ikea is familiar territory, and I have a couple of those artist mannequins. Yep, also would do a WDW wedding when the time came. So, do you and Tyler need a groomsman? ;)

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive