Switch to full style
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Post a reply

Fri May 30, 2008 8:06 am

^ Well I see both sides. I wish the transitions were smoother, while the intensity of the ride is world class. Imo, Maverick is in a small class of coasters with the likes of RoS at SFNE.

Fri May 30, 2008 11:40 am

Thom25 wrote:GREAT TR, Photos, and Dialogue - THANK YOU.

Living in Boston it is going to be a month or two before I get to Hershey, but I will get there this summer (for sure).

Does ANYONE have a video or POV?

I've seen the one testing video, but have yet to see an real POV or off ride video with real people on the ride. If you have a video (post it on youtube) and PLEASE share the link - lol

I agree! Please someone put up a POV of this ride! I've been looking everywhere for one and so far nobody has been brave/stupid enough to bring their camera on the ride with them. But if you put one up, or see one, can you please post the link for the rest of us?

EDIT: Scratch that, I finally found one on Youtube. Here it is for all those of us not lucky enough to experience it yet

Fri May 30, 2008 1:11 pm

Trims.

There were trims. Right after the cobra roll.

Has anyone noticed them? Maybe they're just there for trains moving at a higher rate of speed but not to slow down every single one...?

Fri May 30, 2008 1:13 pm

Most coasters have trims.. honestly, it's not the end of the world. I'm not sure why most enthusiasts make such a big deal about them, as long as they aren't on the first drop.. ahem.. I'm fine with em.

Fri May 30, 2008 1:31 pm

^ Ride Raging Bull. Then you'll know why. :lolr:

Fri May 30, 2008 1:43 pm

^^ Don't forget Mantis either (ARG) such a great ride when the trim is OFF

Fri May 30, 2008 3:14 pm

I still don't fully understand the comparisons to Maverick, other than restraints, drop, and trains. This baby seems much more vertical, much more loopy, and much more compact. But whatever.

This thing looks awesome, simply put. I'm trying to find a way to work HP into my Princeton/SFGAdv trip in September, and this thing is making me all that more desperate to get there. Fantastic photos and captions!

Fri May 30, 2008 8:56 pm

coasterfreak101 wrote:Trims.

There were trims. Right after the cobra roll.

Has anyone noticed them? Maybe they're just there for trains moving at a higher rate of speed but not to slow down every single one...?

I didn't notice them at all. If they were even used during my ride (maybe they weren't), they at least weren't abused.

Sat May 31, 2008 7:54 am

Thank you for the video link Topthrillmaverick - perfect.

I've seen more than a few posts saying the ride was smooth, yet the video surprised me. I'm not sure if it was the angle of the video or camera placement, but the ride seemed to go faster than I thought it would, and wasn't as smooth as I expected.

Can anyone enlighten me?

It looks like a great ride with the lift hill and drop, while I do see the resemblance to Maverick. Fast, intense, with quick transitions.

Sat May 31, 2008 9:23 am

mcjaco wrote:^ Ride Raging Bull. Then you'll know why. :lolr:

It's unfortunate that we couldn't ride without the trims, because I liked it even with the trims on. I can only imagine how kickass it would be without them... and I totally understand everyone's frustration with them.

fergusonat wrote:BLASPHEMY

Maverick pushes the absolute limits of intensity. I wish more rides did what Mavvy does.

Maverick pushed the limits of my head towards getting a concussion. It was rough as hell and the seating was quite uncomfortable. If it was a bit smoother and less jerky, maybe I would've enjoyed it, but we tried it three times and I was just left thinking, "Well, that wasn't very good."
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS