Photo TR: Fahrenheit Opening Day

Farhenheit photos page 3. Other HP photos page 8.
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Fabulously FIERCE!

Postby DenDen » Sun May 25, 2008 11:21 pm

CoasterEricHP wrote:You REALLY need to write a novel! About ANYTHING. Your posts/blogs are always very entertaining.

Totally agree, she is the bomb!

Awesome trip report, even without pictures, it still rocks.
"To the floor! The only thing that will hold you up when nobody else will!"

Site Admin

Re: Eventual Photo TR: Fahrenheit Opening Day

Postby robbalvey » Sun May 25, 2008 11:33 pm

natatomic wrote:Okay, did anyone actually read that whole thing?

Yes, of course! What a great story! Great in the sense that it was told really well. Bummer about what happened, but nice to see you were in good spirits about it!

I'm thrilled you choose to share your stories with TPR! It makes me happy!

--Robb

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Ccron10 » Mon May 26, 2008 6:46 am

Wow! Great Trip Report! I can't wait to see the pics! IMO I think the park really handled Saturday well for what's been going on. I can't imagine how much stress has been going through the maintenance staff.

SWF looking for dorky overweight coaster enthusiast to sweep me off my feet.

Postby natatomic » Mon May 26, 2008 10:53 am

Aww, thanks everyone! Such nice comments. Anyway, I'm still working on my photos right now. It's pretty slow goins since I have over 600 to sift through, but I'll get them posted ASAP.

CTU Agent wrote: Natalie, is your major in college related to English somehow, because it seems to be a gift you have.

Hmm, I'm actually in between majors right now. I was a clarinet performance major for a while, then I switched to communications (ew) when I transfered schools. Now I'm thinking of either graphic design, engineering, or creative writing. Good thing all my interests are completely related to one another and all have overlapping skill sets, eh? :|

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby BBSpeed26 » Mon May 26, 2008 11:15 am

Great TR! Book-length reports from the day must be a theme... I'm on page three of a word document so far. Brace yourself.

It was nice to meet you all Saturday, and I'm glad you got your ride. Looking forward to your photos!

SWF looking for dorky overweight coaster enthusiast to sweep me off my feet.

Postby natatomic » Mon May 26, 2008 1:46 pm

Until I get my photos up, here's something to tide you over till then. Jason Brown printed these out for us - I don't think he'll mind if I share it with you - and it's basically a time line for how the whole Nantimi project developed. He kept emphasizing how the direction of the whole campaign was so heavily determined by the players' actions and discoveries rather than the other way around. I believe items in red were the things that the Nantimi creators weren't expecting to happen, which then caused them to rethink/add to/cover up/go into freak-out mode over their plans.
scan.jpg
As you can see, TPR dominated after a while.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Richard » Mon May 26, 2008 2:18 pm

HAHA, fantastic report.

The first thing i thought when I saw the trains is "aww, how cute" =D. Great minds aye?

Non-German Tom

Postby Shockwave » Mon May 26, 2008 5:06 pm

Well done on breaking Farenheit, Nat! :lmao:

Glad you enjoyed it in the end though. I really enjoyed reading the whole report!

What is this, Joisey?

Postby Swimace » Mon May 26, 2008 5:13 pm

If a coaster were to ever take a restraining order out on an enthusiast for being a stalker, it would be Fahrenheit and you. You should have asked about the crooked webcam during the Q&A session.

Just kidding, what an awesome report! I can't wait to see your pictures since you're such a great photographer!

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby topthrillmaverick » Mon May 26, 2008 5:53 pm

Awesome report! I can't wait to see the pictures and finally get on Fahrenheit! I only live like an hour and a half away but alas, the fates seem to have conspired against me so that I went 5 days before Fahrenheit opened and making it so that I probably won't be able to go out for another month or so. :cry:

Ah well, I'll be out there sometime, and I'll be sure to be riding front seat. Just make sure you don't break it again ;)

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive