T-Express (New Intamin Woodie) Soft Opening Today.

T-Express has soft opened...and I also did it! :=9
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby Musical Pete » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:20 pm

Simple answer - nobody. Rides are built with a safety envelope these days. The kinematic envelope of the car has riders and their arms (and legs for suspended coasters) added to it, and the structure is built to clear this envelope. If any part of structure encroaches on this safety envelope, it must be modified before operating. Older rides however, frequently flout it which is quite funny. It's a case of new things having to conform to modern regulations, and old things being allowed to stay as they are in a lot of cases. Silly, but true.

Allen and Cobb coasters with the taller handrails, built from the late 70s onwards don't actually have a safe envelope as their trestle legs are on 8' centres and you can touch the handrails and passing structure with your fingers. GASM at your home park for instance, had its handrails raised a foot as Allen built them 2'6" tall before regulations stipulating 3'6" came in, and as the structure uses the old 8' centres, the legs and handrails are slightly too close to the cars - that's why some Allen/Cobb coasters now have pads fitted to the cars to make it harder to stick your arms out the side.

Eurofighters are Red Dawn Awesome!

Postby Pufferfish » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:47 pm

Wow, that coaster has some very nice headchoppers. It looks like it's the love child of el Toro and Boardwalk Bullet. This makes me really want to go to South Korea. Thank you so much for the awesome POVs!
Just keep swimming...

I Love Donkeys!

Postby apanbl92 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:55 am

Does anyone have any photos of the new top scan? Has it opened? [/u]

I Love Donkeys!

Postby RonLaan » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:16 am

I would like to see a youtube video of it. The videos of the links that are posted take ages to load... :(

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby The Disneylander » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:21 am

The trains look RAD.

And the station looks like something out of a fairy tale. And the coaster looks awesome! Can't wait to ride it when I visit my relatives again.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby matteocrepaldi » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:35 pm

RonLaan wrote:I would like to see a youtube video of it. The videos of the links that are posted take ages to load... :(

I thought the same thing. I've watched till the second drop after the brake run and I gave up.
It looks really good so far even if I was expecting to see a fast lift hill like El Toro and that brake run is a little bit too slow.
-

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Buddy johnson » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:41 pm

^^^^ The new top scan updates.
The official opening is March 14; same as T-Express.

http://blog.naver.com/fl0621/80049395786

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Buddy johnson » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:48 pm

:b
IMG_2837.jpg
IMG_2836.jpg
IMG_2838.jpg

Hot Potato!

Postby sfne2005 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:26 pm

Ya know, the POV's for Balder don't do anything for me either but riding it was a completely different story. And the whole section after the MCBR is Balder-esque while the whole first part is like El Toro! How can that be a bad thing!! :br
Image[/url]

Donald Duck...

Postby SteveC » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:28 pm

^ are you making the Korea visit this fall?? (That's Autumn for the non doms)

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive