Photo TR: Divv's U.S. (and U.K.) Adventure...

All updates now posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Sir Lampsalot

Postby fudgey » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:17 am

^ Nadia's passed out - bit too intense...... :lmao:

Enjoying the hot Scottish summer!

Postby Chrissie » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:44 am

Wicked TR Divv!

Sorry to hear about your rubbish delays! Were you flying out with delta?? My parents had a pretty bad time with their staff not doing their jobs properly either!!

Looking forward to more! :b

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby bpbbabe99 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:12 pm

Haha nooo that is such an appauling piccie of me though that face sums up that ride so well!! I really didn't think it would be as bad at The Gauntlet but no this was definitely worse, it was horrible!!!

Controlled by a sentient spreadsheet...

Postby Divv3k » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:47 pm

Chrissie wrote:Wicked TR Divv!

Sorry to hear about your rubbish delays! Were you flying out with delta?? My parents had a pretty bad time with their staff not doing their jobs properly either!!

- Thanks Chrissie! My onward flight was indeed with Delta, although despite their delays I do kinda blame myself more for not booking a direct flight in the first place!

- Yeah Nadia, that was ALMOST as bad as M&Ds Tornado! As cobra_roll06 says, Tornado is as bad as it gets for steel coasters!

- Andrew, thanks for posting that pic! I remember seeing photos of my pain after getting off the ride and wondered who took them! It was a bad coaster, although not quite as bad as Tornado at M&Ds which still stands as the worse steel coaster I've ridden.

- Cheers EmBy and all the other non-Midwest trippers reading this report. Glad to know that other people are enjoying it.

-----

PART TEN: INDIANA BEACH

Before I go on I should say that the next nine installments of this trip report might not include many photos. Due to my camera now having no screen I didn't take many photos and any that I did take were taken "blind". But in order to get to the "post-Midwest" part of my tour I feel that I have to talk about the rest of the Midwest trip first! Plus I figure that even if no one else is interested in reading my report at least the Hooters Crew will! Right?

Indiana beach was a funky place. When we first got there we just worked our way around the coasters and didn't think much about the place. The coasters hadn't run that great and we were pretty much ready to go.

Then night fell. A few of us rode the woodies again and they were GREAT! Cornball Express had some amazing airtime moments in the back and Hoosier Hurricane was also a lot of fun!

Lost Coaster of Superstition Mountain is just one of those rides that has to be experienced! Facing both directions! it's such a random ride that it provides plenty of laughs for everyone aboard.

After not really impressing much at first Indiana Beach became one of my favourite parks of the trip. Those damned "Blackpool style" parks sucker me in every time!
S7003693 (Custom).JPG
This'll give you a good idea of how badly frakked up my camera was at this point!
S7003695 (Custom).JPG
This is Indiana Beach, and despite what this photo might have you believe, its actually quite a nice day!
S7003696 (Custom).JPG
Thankfully after this photo the pictures started to come out a little better.
S7003698 (Custom).JPG
Here's a "blind" look out over Indiana Beach from the Ferris Wheel.
S7003700 (Custom).JPG
I feel like I'm repeating myself at the end of every update, but we had another great day at this park!
S7003705 (Custom).JPG
And just for the people who were there... Here's a little memory from the successor to the Pegasus Room - The Conference Room! I think Matt Damon in particular enjoyed this night! ;)

MATT DAMON has nervous tits

Postby thecoasterkid » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:57 pm

^ Why do you continually go out to make me seem like some sort of bad person!? :P

And wow, your camera really did get messed up. I thought it was more or less just your lcd screen, not the actual photo sensitive parts of it as well!

Postby bpbbabe99 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:41 am

Haha check me out on that couch, haha!!! Conference room :lover: :lover: was brilliant and that couch, yes I did like indeedy!!! "Divvvv sit over there, you'll see up my skirt" lolol!!! So glad I nipped to the loo though for a few mins ;)

Bless your camera too Divv, didn't think it'd be all misty and stuff, that's bad!

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Fallen Heretic » Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:27 pm

Its looking a bit 'silent hill' in some of those photos.

Why is it, on all the rides that are meant to hurt me (and believe me, they do) that Im still smiling on the photos?

Its good that some of your blind shots came out alright.
Wheels on Steel.

Controlled by a sentient spreadsheet...

Postby Divv3k » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:21 am

thecoasterkid wrote:^ Why do you continually go out to make me seem like some sort of bad person!? :P

Because it's fun! :devil:

Sorry about the delay in continuing the updates. I've just moved house down to England so I've been trying to get settled in and stuff over the last few days.

-----

PART ELEVEN: LITTLE AMERRICKA & WISCONSIN DELLS

OK, I'll start by quickly mentioning Little Amerricka seeing as we were at the park for about an hour but sadly I didn't bother taking any photos.

This was the second of our "bonus parks" on the trip. We also got the extra bonus of getting a "sneak preview" ride on the park's new junior wooden coaster -Meteor! It was actually good fun, and really smooth too!

This park also allowed me to ride my first Toboggan. What a contraption of pure evil that thing is! But it was amusing to watch everyone else squeeze on and watch their reactions to the ride!

The park also has another couple of credits. One being the "graveyard kiddie coaster" and the other being some kind of restraintless wild mouse. It was quite cool.

Needless to say it was only really a credit run since we weren't there that long but special thanks to the park for our sneak preview ride!
-----

After that we headed onto Wisconsin Dells. Home to a few parks including Mt. Olympus which is where we would be staying that night.
Mt. Olympus is a strange place. In a cool way. It's basically a waterpark, a load of go kart tracks and a load of woodies.

We didn't ride Hades as soon as we got there due the long queue and the fact that we had ERT scheduled on it later that night. We checked out a few of the other coasters. Like Cyclops, which was insane in the back row! It really is quite scary airtime on there! Zeus is a fun out and back woodie which does it's job well enough. There's also a junior woodie and an indoor spinning mouse (I hate those darned spinning mice!).

I also broke off from my group and checked out the waterpark which was really a nice way to chill out. Did a few slides and then checked out the new wave pool. That wave pool was like nothing I'd ever seen before. The waves were huge! I also quickly checked out the indoor waterpark, which was small but fun.

After this I met back up with the Hooters Crew where we attempted to ride some go karts. Sadly just as we were about to get going the rain started. The rain was really bad. The go kart fun was over before it even began sadly. We were kicked out the cars. Just as we got off we heard that our night time ERT on Hades had been rained off too. That was a real shame. I had been looking forward to Hades at night after those night rides on Voyage! Oh well, no ones fault. These things happen.

Luckily we had more ERT on Hades the next morning and the storm had now passed. Sadly, for me, Hades was a real let down. It was way more brutal than Voyage ever was. I really didn't enjoy those early rides what with the brutality and jackhammering. I did ride a few more times throughout the day and my front row rides were a lot better later in the day but I still didn't think the ride was much to write home about. Maybe I caught it on a bad day. I'll definitely give it another chance some day.

We also visited Riverview park this day which was really nothing more than a fun credit run before heading over to Timber Falls to ride their S&S woodie - Avalanche. For a while it was looking like we weren't going to get to ride Avalanche since it had been hit with lightning during the previous night's storm. Thankfully the Timber Falls staff did a stellar job at "hot wiring" the coaster into operation for us at the last minute! Words can't describe how grateful we were for that! Especially since Avalanche was amazing! It pretty much wiped away any disappoint I was feeling from Hades that day. It was a little rough in the rear rows on the turns but in the front row Avalanche is excellent. It just flies round the track, especially for a coaster so small looking!

OK, that's enough of me talking, here's some photos (with some kindly donated by Andrew Janes to beef up my dwindling numbers of decent photos of the next few parks)...
DSCN0140 (Custom)a.JPG
The people at Little Amerricka were good enough to give us a "sneak preview" of their new junior woodie.
(Photo by Andrew Janes)
DSCN0144 (Custom).JPG
Can you believe we actually queued up to ride this death machine?
(Photo by Andrew Janes)
DSCN0148 (Custom).JPG
Hey, it's a credit!
(Photo by Andrew Janes)
S7003710 (Custom).JPG
This is Mt. Olympus. It's really cool that you see all these woodies all alongside each other.
DSCF1474 (Custom).JPG
See how they're all weaved around each other.
(Photo by Andrew Janes)
S7003709 (Custom).JPG
The kiddie coaster that no one was allowed on. Nadia got really close but kicked off at the last second.
DSCN0199 (Custom).JPG
Cyclops was insane! You HAVE to ride this thing in the back!
(Photo by Andrew Janes)
S7003715 (Custom).JPG
This is a Log Flume therefore it's NOT a credit!
S7003717 (Custom).JPG
Mt. Olympus also has some really cool Go Kart tracks.
S7003718 (Custom).JPG
The TPR paparazzi do their stuff.
S7003707 (Custom).JPG
I think everyone had had enough of spinning mice by this point!
S7003708 (Custom).JPG
Or maybe it was just me!
Even with all the rain on that first night we still had a great time in Wisconsin Dells!

Postby bpbbabe99 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:02 am

Yay they're back!!

I wasn't too impressed with any of the rides at Mt Olympus (esp Hades *cries*) at all really though the go karts kicked ass, especially the time when I beat sooo many people at once and especially Matt Damon in the last few seconds, get in ;) !! Though my luck took a turn on the final ones where I got the slowest car possible and I just couldn't overtake anyone!! Aww man, trying to get on the kiddy ride too, I so thought I'd made it and she even saw me getting on and didn't stop me! I got so excited and then bang!! The thunderstorm was so fab too, being stuck in the Opa building trying to escape and walking back to the hotel barefoot, the film night and so many more memories!!

I had such a fab time at Riverview and Timber Falls too, really glad we went to those parks! Avalanche :lover: :lover: wow I loved it!

Also Mt Olympus was Scad tower time which was awesome!!! So glad I did it, I defo woulda regretted not doin it!!

TWO PINTS ONLY

Postby coaster_dude2002 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:55 am

Woo hooo more updates!

I had soo many "battle wounds" after those two days. Sliced elbow on the Toboggan coaster of death, and all the bruises from Hades.

Mt. Olympus wasn't anything special in my books. The go karts certainly were the best, unless you had a slow car or, you cant find the brakes...
The thunderstorm was amazing when it knocked out the power for a second causing Opa to stall, and the wonderful walk back to the hotel through the rivers on the paths and parking lot.

Can't remember much about Grindhouse. Just the "this is soo violent how the heck can you guys watch this" moment, and two people falling asleep on the couch ;)

^ I have to agree with you on the SCAD tower Nadia! and the Skyscraper at Timber Falls was insane.

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive