Photo TR: Divv's U.S. (and U.K.) Adventure...

All updates now posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
TPR's Hairstylist to the Stars!

Postby piers » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:55 am

God what a trip. I know how much travelling takes it out of me and I have never had a trip so long (touch wood).
Atleast you stayed level headed, many of my friends would have just freaked out.
Although with so much fun on the horizon, I'm sure you just wanted to concentrate on getting there quickly.
Photo TR is awesome though. Looks like loads of fun, cant help but agree with all of your Thorpe comments.

TWO PINTS ONLY

Postby coaster_dude2002 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:36 am

That certainly was an epic journey Divv! It reminds me of the movie planes trains and automobiles. You do have an awesome story because of it now, just like the maverick queue. Glad to see the pics of the pegasus room.

- Andrew "Always waiting for Nadia" Janes

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby AJMouse » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:32 pm

You're waiting for Nadia again? :P

good update, what a horrible story, I couldn't tell you were up for so long that first night at the Pegasus room.

Ah well. Thanks for letting us stay in your room, which I guess technically was the first Pegasus room. Yay for Hooters Crew!!

|-|(.)(.) erm, yeah whatever. :cool:

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Screamomatic » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:18 pm

Cool pictures, I liked the ones of the Pegasus Room, I never chilled with you guys in there but it's nice to see it was cool, I like the Conference Room at the Holiday Inn Express though, lol.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby bpbbabe99 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:25 pm

^ Haha so did I too :oops: :lover: we so made that our own lil pad, tv on, couch, retirement chairs, brillness!!!

I loved the way we just took em over, at the final one too, we tried to get into a few of the conference rooms but all the doors were locked :-( grrr lol!!!

Wee Sweaty Bifkin

Postby cobra_roll06 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:40 pm

Man I probably would have given up and crashed somewhere! Most congratulate you on surviving that journey and still making it on the trip on time! Kudos!

MATT DAMON has nervous tits

Postby thecoasterkid » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:47 pm

So THAT'S why you got to Coney Island late! Wow, I don't think I'd be able to handle a journey quite like that. Wandering the streets of New York at 2am? You're a brave soul!

I'm loving your trip report so far! More Hooters Crew coverage! The Pegasus room was indeed awesome (I liked the conference room a bit more though ;) ) made the perfect place to hang out and work on my updates!

I can't wait to see the rest of your stuff!

Controlled by a sentient spreadsheet...

Postby Divv3k » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:09 pm

PART SEVEN: HOLIDAY WORLD

Having got at least a few hours sleep in I was feeling surprisingly well rested this morning. Maybe it was the excitement of visiting Holiday World or just being on the TPR trip, something was keeping me going anyway.

This was one of the best days at a park I've ever had! There was quite a group of us making our way around the park on this day and we all had plenty fun on all the different rides. We started with Voyage, which was a coaster I had been looking forward to riding just to form an opinion on since I'd read so many mixed reports. The first ride in the morning was brutal, sure there were a couple of good moments of airtime but the aggression of the course really took away a lot of the enjoyment.

After Voyage we headed to Legend. A fun ride but it focused a bit too much on laterals for my liking. Unlike Raven which we hit next which was just pure fun! Such a great ride that kept giving better rides as the day went on. Naturally we did a kiddie coaster takeover too, which is always amusing. It was also a really hot day in Indiana, well definitely hot by a Scotsman's standards. The heat forced us into the waterpark in the afternoon which was really cool. Although a few of us didn't bother doing any of the slides and just checked out the pools and lazy river. We figured we'd have plenty of time to check out slides at Kentucky Kingdom the next morning!

We also had awesome food provided for us so thanks TPR and Holiday World for that! The free soft drinks all day really makes an unbelievable difference to your day at the park. I think I tried everything they offered.

Oh and we had a walkback at the Voyage too! Which was really cool, we got lots of great views of the Voyage and of other people taking photos of the Voyage.

Speaking of the Voyage, that's like a different ride at night! The rides I had in the back seat right at the end of the day were amazing, seriously among the best coaster rides I've ever had. I didn't notice the brutality at all for some reason and the sustained air on those hills is fantastic. Someone mentioned that the ride had been trimmed somewhere but I never even noticed! It's such a shame that The Voyage doesn't perform like that all day and in every seat - if it did it may have come closer to being my number one. Balder managed to survive Holiday World as my favourite coaster.

But still, I really liked Holiday World, it really is my kind of park. Hope I manage to make it back there someday soon.
S7003549 (Custom).JPG
Today's park - Holiday World!
S7003550 (Custom).JPG
Woo! We're special!
S7003552 (Custom).JPG
The masses of TPRers make their way to Voyage...
S7003553 (Custom).JPG
It was quite a brutal ride in the morning. Fun, but i still found that first ride a bit too much.
S7003554 (Custom).JPG
After ride on Voyage we headed over to Legend.
S7003557 (Custom).JPG
Some people enjoyed Legend more than others!
S7003560 (Custom).JPG
Everyone really loved Raven!
S7003561 (Custom).JPG
Here's another nice pic for ya, Drew!
S7003564 (Custom).JPG
The Dutch are excited about the kiddie coaster!
S7003565 (Custom).JPG
The Hooter's Crew enjoyed the rapids!
S7003568 (Custom).JPG
This was our view while eating lunch. Pretty cool.
S7003570 (Custom).JPG
Time to head on a walkback!
S7003573 (Custom).JPG
Some nice "through the trees" photo opportunities here.
S7003577 (Custom).JPG
We got some great views of the Voyage and of people taking pictures.
S7003592 (Custom).JPG
After looking at it from many different angles, we decided to give Voyage a few more rides.
S7003591 (Custom).JPG
At night this thing really comes alive! It's like a different ride!
S7003593 (Custom).JPG
The Hooters Crew prepare for another amazing Voyage night ride!
S7003595 (Custom).JPG
This was seriously one of the best days I've ever had at a park! It wasn't just the rides, it was more the people that made this such a fun day!

Non-German Tom

Postby Shockwave » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:16 pm

^Totally agreed on the first Voyage ride. It was too much too soon.

Glad you had a great day to help forget about the trip from hell!

Controlled by a sentient spreadsheet...

Postby Divv3k » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:33 pm

PART EIGHT: SIX FLAGS KENTUCKY KINGDOM

This was my first Six Flags park and I was actually more impressed than I thought I'd be! Maybe it's because the park really rolled out the red carpet for us! The staff were all great to us and we even got a really good lunch too.

The coasters weren't really up to much but that doesn't matter when you've got Deluge in the park! What an amazing waterslide! I really hope more of those types of slide to start to spring up! The Tornado in Hurricane Harbor was also really good.

Two credits were closed but kudos to the staff who really worked hard on getting them open for us! I also managed to check out the Funtastic World of Hanna Barbera here which was a nice surprise - I loved that ride at Universal Studios so it was fun to get on it again, even if it was a "bares bones" version.

So thanks to SFKK for a great time and for the super cheap season pass! I got my Six Flags season pass for $34.99 which definitely helped out later in my trip.
S7003640 (Custom).JPG
Today's first park - Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom
S7003598 (Custom).JPG
Nothing like starting your day with an SLC!
S7003635 (Custom).JPG
This was one of the early SLCs. And you felt it.
S7003601 (Custom).JPG
Matt Damon's got it right. I don't know what Erik's thinking here.
S7003603 (Custom).JPG
I'm not a fan of stand ups but Chang was actually quite good!
S7003604 (Custom).JPG
Gratuitous vertical loop shot for anyone who might appreciate it.
S7003606 (Custom).JPG
Some TPRers enjoy Chang!
S7003609 (Custom).JPG
We then decided to face our fears head on and check out Twisted Twins.
S7003610 (Custom).JPG
Sadly one of the Twins was ill, although I hear a couple of the TPR people managed to get a ride in.
S7003611 (Custom).JPG
At least we got to enjoy the healthy Twin.
S7003612 (Custom).JPG
Time for my first Schwarzkopf shuttle loop!
S7003637 (Custom).JPG
It was really good!
S7003623 (Custom).JPG
Oh yeah we got Rollerskater ERT too...
S7003618 (Custom).JPG
After hitting the coasters we headed for the water park.
S7003631 (Custom).JPG
Deluge was fantastic. My favourite ride in the park.
S7003615 (Custom).JPG
What's with the hand gesture, Mr Damon?
S7003617 (Custom).JPG
We also took some time out to mess with the characters.
S7003621 (Custom).JPG
Nadia's found herself a few more suitors...
S7003620 (Custom).JPG
Matt Damon loves it when I flex my muscles for him. But it's not reciprocated. What's that pink thing on your arm by the way, Matt?
S7003639 (Custom).JPG
We had a great time at SFKK, I was really impressed with how this park was run!

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive