Photo TR: Bell's Last Summer

New photos from March 22 on page 4
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Shavethewhales » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:24 pm

Well, I'm not sure it's technically correct to keep using this thread to post current photos, but eh, why start a new thread when this one is going so well?

Anyway, I say that because I've got some new photos from my stop by the park last night. I'm sorry the photos suck so much, it was dark and my camera only really works well in light.

As you can see, Zingo is coming apart carefully piece by piece. As of now, pretty much all the steel rails are off and the track base is quickly following. Most of the lower run facing the car park is trackless. As for the rest of the park, the fair side has been reduced to ruble while the upper portion remains mostly untouched. No work seems to have started on the Chili peppers or the log flume.

As always, additonal information, more photos, and on-going coverage can be found on my site - www.superstevessupersite.com
bells_sign.JPG
Yup, here I am again. I'll miss this sight.
zingo_untracked1.JPG
No track here.
zingo_track1.JPG
Many track bed pieces are now littering the old car park.
zingo_track4.JPG
This is some of the old steel rails that have been ripped off. Doesn't look like they can be used again.
zingo_untracked4.JPG
All these little hops after the entrance fly-over are naked.
zingo_untracked2.JPG
There used to be more trees here, they seem to have all been ripped out. Tch, this lot is going to be a real visual scar on the area when Bell's is gone, maybe they can fill it with another trailer park.
zingo_track6.JPG
Sigh... at least I'll be able to ride it again in a year or so.
fair_side3.JPG
Not much is left over here other than concrete blocks. The fair will have fun removing those.

Previous

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive