Photo TR: shesaidboom and 307 do a bunch of parks

Now up: Idlewild, Lakemont, Del Grosso's; page five.
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Idiot.

Postby Stitch » Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:03 pm

While I disagree with your comments on SFKK, I do agree with your PKI ones ;)
I don't post here enough to warrant a signature.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby shesaidboom » Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:49 pm

shesaidboom and 307 do the parks that are kinda the mid-west but some are more easterly but I guess a few can be considered mid-west but maybe "central" is a better term for them - PART SIX OF SIX SIX

Our next stop was Pittsburgh, and Kennywood. First of all, the round-about way that MapQuest asked us to go to Kennywood was completely confusing and resulted in a big argument and lots of frustration and me hating MapQuest even more for being unreliable and not giving detailed directions. Die MapQuest. Next time, a different map provider will be used!

We took a few pictures at our hotel which we will bombard you with before getting to the beefy Kennywood shots.

Kennywood itself was a very nice park, well-kept with some excellent rides and a good atmosphere. Unfortunately for us, the rest of the damn State showed up today and it was packed as hell, full of long-ass lines and loud and obnoxious people. We had just about had enough of these kinds of people and I nearly busted out my l33t ninja skills to dispose of some unworthy scum. I did manage to keep my temper and the day turned out to be quite enjoyable. Besides those pesky line jumpers.

Kennywood advertises Garfield's Nightmare as a 3D experience. However, the only thing that makes this ride 3D are the cut-outs of the characters that adorn the ride. The 3D glasses serve no purpose, other than to create a blur effect. Someone needs to explain to Kennywood what "three dimensional" entails. It also was really just a terrible ride.

BUT DO WE HAVE PICTURES?

Oh boy, do we ever have PICTURES.
395.jpg
I told you this was review 666.
397pikachubeetle.jpg
We shared our hotel with Pikachu.
396pokemon.jpg
Pikachu rides in style, while the other Pokemon are hoarded into this truck every day.
398omgcholesterol.jpg
OMG CHOLESTEROL!
404.jpg
KISSY KISSY.
408kennywood.jpg
Hello Kennywood.
409.jpg
I wish real gas only cost FUN.
410thunderbolt.jpg
Thunderbolt had a neat layout, but wasn't particularily thrilling which could be said for the other woodies in the park.
412exterminator.jpg
The Exterminator was the best of the spinning mice we went on over the course of our trip. The themeing was good and added a lot to the ride.
415exterminatorthemeing.jpg
Here are knobs, here are switches. When you get lice, your head itches. [PS this is in the queue for Exterminator]
417exterminatorcars.jpg
This mouse looked like it had just "GOT CRUNK".
418thelittergitter.jpg
Jer enjoys the Litter Gitter a little too much.
420screamingswing.jpg
This picture sucks, but this was our first screaming swing. We needed to document this great occasion. We both enjoyed.
423jackrabbitsign.jpg
Greatest coaster logo ever.
424jackrabbit.jpg
Jack Rabbit was short, painless, had one great moment of air, but was otherwise forgettable.
429.jpg
Kennywood has some nice views.
431.jpg
The trains on Thunderbolt look like boxes.
434balloon.jpg
The Thunderbolt balloon was happy!
478phantomsstation.jpg
We had to contend with long lines for everything, especially Phantom.
442crookedlifthillphoto.jpg
You can tell Nikki took this picture.
419.jpg
Phantom's Revenge was awesome. It had lots of air and speed, and a great second drop.
443.jpg
It was a little short and the lift was painfully slow, but those were the only real faults we found with the ride.
460.jpg
Dingleberry.
445.jpg
Someone mentioned they had installed new brakes on this drop, however we didn't see or feel them.
448.jpg
If you look closely, this counts as a two credit photo.
451.jpg
OMG!! Back to back double credit photos!!
454.jpg
The Tortoise and the Hare, starring the Tumble Bug and Phantom's Revenge. Only this time the Hare kicks the crap out of the damn Tortoise.
449.jpg
The chick in row three is enjoying herself a little too much.
450.jpg
We have a new addition to the top ten.
447.jpg
Though we knew it was coming, Thunderbolt's drop into the ravine was a lot of fun and still surprising.
455.jpg
Exclusive shot, because those never get old.
457leopardfry.jpg
We went to the Potato Patch for lunch, but all they gave us was leopard skin.
462noahsark.jpg
Why is the ostrich bigger than the elephant? That's some crazy steroids ostrich.
463noahsarkhead.jpg
Noah's Ark is one of the stranger attractions we've been on at a park.
464blurrynoah.jpg
People insisted on bringing their toddlers inside, despite the warnings of 'scary scenes'.
466gorillas.jpg
We didn't get a picture of the corpses, but parts of this attraction could be considered terrifying, especially for young kids.
467gothatway.jpg
Okay Mr. Monkey!
469longracerline.jpg
All the lines poured out of the queues. It didn't help that these miscreants jumped the line and then let their ten friends in front of them.
473itshardtotakepicturesofracer.jpg
It was hard to take pictures of Racer and Jack Rabbit as they're mostly hidden from view.
472waitingforracer.jpg
The mobius effect on Racer was interesting, but otherwise it was a lackluster coaster.
481.jpg
Kennywood had to settle for Garfield endorsements as they apparently jumped on the cartoon bandwagon a little late to get anything worthwhile.

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:52 am

Wow, somehow your latest update eluded me until now. Nice pics of Kennywood. I swear that Phantom's has always been somewhat of an enigma for me. I keep hearing good things about it, but yet any pictures I ever see of it make me wonder what could be so great? Maybe it's those funky looking trains? Heck, who knows.....maybe I should just shut up and ride it (insert ParkTrips insult here;))

Anyway, good job as always, guys. The photo: TR is truly an art form, and you two are definitely on the short list of all-stars out there, IMHO. :)
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

Former captain of the Arrow bus.

Postby Erik Johnson » Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:18 am

Hey that was great. I guess whenever I make it out to those parks, I will make sure to do so early in the season.

The Resident Smart-Ass

Postby CoasterFanatic » Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:42 am

Greatest coaster logo ever.

I kind of like it, but only wished that they used a "real" font instead.

Phantom's has always been somewhat of an enigma for me. I keep hearing good things about it, but yet any pictures I ever see of it make me wonder what could be so great?

You have been looking at the wrong pictures. You need only see one. Let me demonstrate.

Ted

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:52 am

Ah yes, that does clear things up a bit. Thanks for the illustration, Ted.
I guess it's time to stop procrastinating, call up my friend in Pittsburgh, tell him to clean up the guest room, and finally make my way to Kennywood. :b
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Reon » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:16 am

Dissing Vortex and not riding Avatar? I should stab you with death. And no, I don't mean "stab you to death." I'm actually gonna stab you with the grim reaper. I mean, Vortex has some sweet air if you ride it in the right place, and Avatar is a nice forceful ride. /end PKI rant
Proud Coney Island Ride-op for 6 years!
Kings Island MSD/Racer crew of 2011
Kings Island Vortex/Windseeker crew of 2012-2013
Best Coaster Ever: :airtimer: Phoenix :airtimer: Top Steel: Intimidator 305 (Maverick in CLOSE 2nd)

308, 309, 310 .....

Postby 307 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:28 am

Reon wrote:Dissing Vortex and not riding Avatar? I should stab you with death. And no, I don't mean "stab you to death." I'm actually gonna stab you with the grim reaper. I mean, Vortex has some sweet air if you ride it in the right place, and Avatar is a nice forceful ride. /end PKI rant

Well we both wanted to ride Avatar, but the line was really long and we were on a limited timeframe.

I enjoyed Vortex enough last time, but again, line was really long and it wasn't on our to-do list. I also really messed up my knee last time I was on it [I smacked it on the front of the car when I popped out of my seat heading up the second hill]. It was fun but DAAAAAAAAAAMN was it painful. Kinda ruined the rest of the ride and soured me on re-rides.

Non-German Tom

Postby Shockwave » Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:17 pm

Looks like you had a great trip! Hopefully I'll be going to those parks this time next year.

And Misery Signals plus the shades are excellent! :D

308, 309, 310 .....

Postby 307 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:41 pm

Shockwave wrote:And Misery Signals plus the shades are excellent! :D

Yes, Misery Signals plus anything is excellent!

Well I mean maybe not mass genocide, but you get the picture.

PS. This is a semi-shameless bump :( But I didn't get a chance to respond to this post beforehand so... shhhhhhhhhh.

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive