TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PhotoTR: Cedar Point at It's Finest.

Ok, well this TR is somewhat of a Photo TR and somewhat of a, not photo TR.

I left my house in Germantown, MD around 1130 on Tuesday (The 13th) on my way (with pops, sakura (The Exchange Student...Wow, two people who have both ridden SD2000 in one car, that has to be a first. and Howie (The little brother). It took us about 6 hours to get there. We checked in at Breakers Express, at about 5ish, and got our package with starlight admission and went to the park. We entered thru the Marina Entrance, me and Sakura. We enter to find the park PACKED. We were totally mind blown by the amount of people in the park in a Tuesday.

Anywho we had over to TTD. HA! yeah right 1 1/2hours heading on two (People were FLOODING into the queue), I don't think so. NEXT.

We wait for my brother to park with my dad. We find Howie and head to Magnum. Ok, Magnum is fun, still not all it's hyped up to be. It hurts when you get airtime. After that we head over to Gemini. Let me say, I freaking love this ride to DEATH. I could ride it over and over and over. So smooth, so great. So much airtime!

After that we head over to Skyhawk. Yeah, dissapointment number 2. Running only one side with a wait into the switchbacks. Yeah, skipped it. If you haven't noticed I simply hate lines. I've been very spoiled over the past years, entering parks with absolutely no lines. I dunno how it happens, its just timing I guess .

After that we headed over to Mean Streak . Not the BIGGEST mistake we have made. Remembering last years ride on it, I knew it was going to be painfull. It actually turned out to be pretty damn fun. I found a new way to ride. Don't put your back against the back rest. It might sound wierd, but it makes for a great ride.

After that, lets see, we head over to force. Yup hour long line, skip. By now, I was REALLY annoyed because last years trip to CP, the park was dead. Ok, so we head over to Iron Dragon, walk on .

Let me telllll you, Iron Dragons crew is simply amazing. Loading and Unloading trains in under a minute. I was freaking just astonished. Lol I was in love with them. Back to the ride. What can I say, Suspended coasters were Arrows strong side. Iron Dragon really delivers, not much swinging but still fun.

Hmm what did we do after that....I'm thinking...

Ok yeah, Disaster Transport. Last trip it was closed so we wanted to try it. It was fun, not the best but still lots of fun. Wicked Twister was next... = love. I love impulse coasters, whether it be double twisted or straight with the hold brake. Impulses are my favorite.

After that it was almost closing. Headed over to Raptor, getting some roasted nuts on the way hehe. They were cinnaminy. (Or however you spell it). Last trip we never rode raptor either. WOW new top Invert. It was great. Minus the SWARMS of Gnats in every inversion. There were tons of millions of Gnats everywhere. It was unbeliveable. It was like freaking out of the bible. Moses was talking to us. Get the funk off of coasters! They're killers! (that one was for my mom, she hates coasters...thinks they're death machines).

After that we headed BACK to Force. YAY 30 minute line. 30 minutes I CAN do.

Force at night was simply amazing. Like most Intamin Giga's or Hypers, they are totally different at night.

But once again, MINUS the Gnats EVERYWHERE. I got pelted with them throughout the ride. I got off the ride and I looked like the windshield of our car on the way there. It was really gross.

After Force we headed back to the room to sleep

Day 2

Wake up nice 'n' Early to get our early entrance. We get to the Marina entrance with like 10 people in front of us. It was all good. There was this guy who had TONS of CP tattoo's all over his arm. It was FREAKIN' sweet. He kept staring at me. Ok on to disappointment number 3? I dunno I lost count. Anywho, when we were entering the gate, CP did effort check what so ever on checking if you were a guest member or a Joe Cool Club member. Maybe thats why the park was packed by 9:15.

Yeah, Me howie and Sakura ran to Force (Oh how SO enthusiast me). We were on First train out. w00t. That ran did me SOME good atleast. Force was great as usual. But I found NO airtime on the first airtime hill.

Ok the NEXT disappointment, we do our nice little overbanked turn into the break run, and we stop. and sit. and sit. and sit. For 45 freaking minutes. Finally they send a car up the lift, it comes back into the brake run, and we get off the ride. The ops say we can stay in the exit station for another ride. Well, turns out that the train that they sent out to get us off, might have made the run, but the catch car sure didn't. The catch car kept going up and down up and down up and down along the lift hill. Barely making it down halfway before stopping, then going to the top, then coming back down. the catch car was like...stupid or something.

Wow, I'm sure your really annoyed by my complaints. But hey, this all REALLY happened. I truely do love CP! It's my favorite Park, just, this time didn't work out that great.

The op's said come back in an hour, up the exit. Yeah, it still wasn't running in an hour.

Long story short, the rest of the day we rode most of the rides. Waited 45 minutes for TTD (OMG I know I waited longer than 30) Skyhawk still only ran 1 side with an hour long Q that day.

Uh there were really no more problems after that.

Day 3

Day 3 was pretty laid back, we went to Soak City and had tons of fun.

OH! ***READ THIS PART!***

My dad has been in the Navy for 25 years, on the way he has made some great friends. Well, everytime we go to Cedar Point, we meet up with one of his friends who happens to live in Sandusky. He's a great guy, funny, worked at the point all his teen years. Anywho, he is on the Sandusky Zoneing (Sp?) Commishing (He's REALLY involved with the city) and has confirmed (as if we haven't seen the track) that the coaster is going to be BIG! He hasn't seen layouts or anything of that matter. But he said that 2007 is Kinzels last year and he wants to go out with a BANG...a BIG one. So whatever this new coaster is, it's going to be something big, something we all know Cedar Point is good at. Don't doubt this guys, He's a very reliable source.

I also got a TXT on my phone from some random coaster site I signed up for, and they said supports were on site...Where exactly? Yeah, I never saw any supports, just footers and track.

Ok enough of my bitching, here's your pics.

NOTICE: I do this every time, if you want to see the pics in the order they were taken, look at them from the bottem up. Sorry again.

DSC01182.JPG.6580c7a1ca12cd21aa8d70e79c5231df.JPG

THIS is the reliable source (on the left, pops is on the right)

1270090863_cedarpoint015.jpg.0001196657c1278bf22aff979da9c28a.jpg

Yay Cedar point here we come, yes I drove. (dear god help us all) i look 10

1668533109_cedarpoint018.jpg.6e93192a4c0cf8c443c4ebfafdd2bc9b.jpg

My side will own you bitches

852057448_cedarpoint020.jpg.08efdfe37f1e0ab73a991f077c0e286d.jpg

You can tell I'm just thrilled to be here.

687014215_cedarpoint023.jpg.732ec7feeb64cb7bc0a2e5b7538f3271.jpg

I own you bitches on the olde tyme carzz...ghetto.

2076039854_cedarpoint021.jpg.625aeac78408614d3c14e1461e0ad300.jpg

Whos up for a good neck snapping? Colin? "Pick Me Pick ME!"

325488240_cedarpoint029.jpg.85375c691daac2e8651ebacd82a7afb3.jpg

One of the rare shots of Skyhawk working during our stay.

735857706_cedarpoint035.jpg.cf187276682af9452042987396ec939e.jpg

MMM wicked twister

378628725_cedarpoint038.jpg.04ccdb32b756d369e653da793e14511b.jpg

MMM Raptor.

1670898188_cedarpoint044.jpg.32ec8e4c4e9610d9e13644f7844d2f93.jpg

Ugh stuck on MF in intamin restraints, with my nut sak being crushed to a million pieces. it hurt sooo bad.

1861414527_cedarpoint046.jpg.94e2ae4a35438ed7f6960afebaed65c4.jpg

Waiting for Skyhawk to open. :-/

Me and my immature faces. once again I look 10

54956164_cedarpoint050.jpg.153803c24e19750f67be3054e009c226.jpg

Yes, after we rode it. BTW I convinced her that both TTD and MF were better than SD2000. She agreed :-D

1906354483_cedarpoint065.jpg.086e2f8dcca83c233499fc0fc696493a.jpg

Millenium Force signature shot! TPR Exclusive.

472968067_cedarpoint070.jpg.e48d8f5421be9c0d63c1fab726d92f2f.jpg

Yummy, power tower.

2025089957_cedarpoint081.jpg.7c8fe701f3aea1b87258a88f391697b4.jpg

MMM pizza from Chet and Matt's. Another Sandusky treat that the reliable source treated us too. :D

1264085594_cedarpoint097.jpg.7202c7360a4c76ee6a77f7df8c50dfaa.jpg

At the reliable sources House playing Ping Pong. I will pwn your ass. The reliable souces name is Fubar by the way (Don't Ask, he got it before he retired from the Navy)

1267784897_cedarpoint102.jpg.4b8b581f7b554a68725d36e4f4dc9e8f.jpg

East Side Cafe. An ACEr's dream, and great prices. Plus GREAT food.

499694560_cedarpoint111.jpg.fa5b48aff81752d91c05c87e29d55b26.jpg

Oh, man. We're leaving :(

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, as we all know, I'm not the crowd king, and neither is anyone else.

Considering it's CP, and they are starting to be known as well as Disney parks. And it's going to be smack dab middle of the summer. I'm going to say yes, It's going to be crowded. Am I sure, nope, the only way you find out is to go and, well find out. Sorry.

I went around July 18th last year, it wasn't crowded one day, and packed the next. It was very wierd.

The supports came in on Wednesday morning and they are next door to the Breakers Express hotel. The workers were getting ready to unload them as I was checking out of the hotel. They are a light tan color.

Dude I love that pic of MF with the sky and everything!! do you have a higher quality one I can use as a wallpaper you can e-mail me or upload?

(pm'd you my e-mail add.)

JEFF

Sorry man, I took the pics in VGA (E-Mail Quality) quality because I was running out of space on my memory card. That is a good idea and now that you brought it up I wish I used full mega pixels (5 all together).

And about the supports, I was staying at Breakers and didn't see any supports, just lot's and lot's of track. I must be wierd or something. :-P

Nice TR. It's great that you got to ride MF, as it was closed when I was there earlier this year because the lift motor had burned out.

Did you get to ride Skyhawk? The ride is a bit short, but I thought it was awesome!

I have to agree about that shot of MF, it turned out great!

^I think the ride time is short for two reasons.

1. To move the line along.

2. That is all the force the compressed air tanks have, especially since they are used to slow the ride back down as well.

I think the likely explanation is #1, but #2 may factor in.