Photo TR - Magic Mountain!

Pouring Rain + SFMM = Fun!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Telling it like how it is

Postby Mr.Six » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:35 pm

gunslinger wrote:MM in the winter is the only way to go. Not a hint of the GP, no lines, and re-rides galore! Although, my boyfriend and I were at the park yesterday, and around 1 PM, the PA system came on, "Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls. Due to circumstances beyond our control, Six Flags Magic Mountain has ended its operating day. We apologize.. blah blah". The weather wasn't that bad at all, so I guess they close the park if they don't make a quota or a certain number of paying guests...? There couldn't have been more than 50-60 guests in the park, we only ever saw the same five or six groups of people. I don't know.

I was actually somehwat surprised with the park being opened that day and staying open. Even though it was raining all the park managers were out walking around asking me how my day was; I saw 5 charcaters out and about, basically entertaining themselves. Really was good park operations!
_six

Have Mercy!

Postby arlen23 » Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:29 am

Wow looks like you had a great time...I have always wanted to go on a rainy day because that would be awsome and it would be empty too! Well thaks for the photos.

Team Alcide!

Postby live2tell75 » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:04 am

gunslinger wrote:around 1 PM, the PA system came on, "Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls. Due to circumstances beyond our control, Six Flags Magic Mountain has ended its operating day. We apologize.. blah blah". The weather wasn't that bad at all, so I guess they close the park if they don't make a quota or a certain number of paying guests...? There couldn't have been more than 50-60 guests in the park, we only ever saw the same five or six groups of people. I don't know.

Is this common when the park is not busy? Do they give some type of refund/coupon for a future visit? I am planning on going to Magic Mountain on the original Tatsu Media Day on April 27th. I am comming from Tampa Bay, FL, so if they closed early it would toatally suck.

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby gunslinger » Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:39 am

I've NEVER seen it happen before, but then again, I've never seen the park that deserted. In the morning it was extremely rainy, so when I went to the park I completely expected it to be closed. I don't think it's a very common thing, it was just circumstantial. You should pray that the weather's on your side when you go, though, just in case. Heh. If they close the park early, they pass out complimentary passes as you exit.
now THIS is podracing.

Team Alcide!

Postby live2tell75 » Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:40 pm

Cool, thanks for the info.

Previous

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive